• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
e4Kn9n7.png

Previous best

mEKDDh3.png

UbBYMHV.png

yv9aoY8.png

UCSqRYp.png

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused where all the buzz from this game is coming from. Good for the devs tho

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Color me surprised. Tried the demo and found it a kinda not bad but mediocre TPS with insufferable tutorial and oh no, non skippable cutscenes. Maybe the demo was really bad.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
And it has the worst like / dislike ratio among all those others games. I'd be more worried about that. Worse than even The Avengers.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Give it 9 more days for the exclusivity to die.
I'm actually wondering how they're handling this. Surely they won't just shadow drop the game on PC in 9 days lol

Judging from past rumours mentioning an expanded FF7R for PC/PS5, it might be the case that Intergrade also comes to PC.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Does this mean that demos are allowed to be a thing again?

For those unaware, demos became practically non-existent after 2013 because of this and only this:
www.pcgamesn.com

Jesse Schell: Releasing a demo harms your game sales

In an impassioned presentation at DICE 2013, Puzzle Clubhouse CEO and respected analyst Jesse Schell spoke about the importance of getting people to want to try your product. Or not. It turns out that if you’re selling a video game, it would be wise for you to not let people try a demo of it.Surpr

Hopefully the success of Outriders proves to the industry just how bullshit that always was.

Wolshen

Oct 30, 2017
Its because of streamers, of course! (even if they played the other titles at launch too)

/s

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh ok. That makes me more interested even.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, when this was announced at E3, I legitimately thought it was going to be another one of Square Enix's western-developed flops. Good on them though, I suppose.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the pc version kinda broken right now? Don't know if that actually makes these numbers more impressive.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Does this mean that demos are allowed to be a thing again?

For those unaware, demos became practically non-existent after 2013 because of this and only this:
www.pcgamesn.com

Jesse Schell: Releasing a demo harms your game sales

In an impassioned presentation at DICE 2013, Puzzle Clubhouse CEO and respected analyst Jesse Schell spoke about the importance of getting people to want to try your product. Or not. It turns out that if you’re selling a video game, it would be wise for you to not let people try a demo of it.Surpr

Hopefully the success of Outriders proves to the industry just how bullshit that always was.
I think loop hero alone proved how much bs that is.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm actually wondering how they're handling this. Surely they won't just shadow drop the game on PC in 9 days lol

Judging from past rumours mentioning an expanded FF7R for PC/PS5, it might be the case that Intergrade also comes to PC.

I do expect Intergrade to be announced for PC shortly after the year long exclusivity window ends.

Nov 8, 2017
Since the demo released, Outriders has never left Steam global top sellers.

The genre it's a part of is big and impressions were pretty good.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded the demo and remember visiting the demo thread 2-3 times and I though the consensus that the game sucked and was uninteresting. The trailers always looked very generic. So I never bothered playing. Didn't really have a good opportunity to plan either. Im guessing this is not the case then?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the demo and remember visiting the demo thread 2-3 times and I though the consensus that the game sucked and was uninteresting. The trailers always looked very generic. So I never bothered playing. Didn't really have a good opportunity to plan either. Im guessing this is not the case then?
The beginning of the game is very generic. And I don't want to say that the end-game reaches some crazy unique holy shit this is so new and fresh state, but it does become almost like a TPS-Path of Exile-Lite with slaughtering waves of enemies using stacking mods and buffs that turn you into completely different characters than at the start.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't download the demo but got the same impression so I skipped it.

Now I see all this hype and talk and am wondering what's going on.

I guess the actual game was much better than people thought?

Or is it just a pond in a drought type thing?

Guess I'll dive into some of those threads instead of skimming and see what I missed