• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Do consoles allow SSD upgrades?

PS3 and PS4 do for sure, as I have an SSD in each. There are tangible benefits, but they're not as good as they should be due to outdated SATA connections.
PS4 benefits more than PS3. Jump from HDD to hybrid SSD is pretty big. The jump from hybrid SSD to full SSD is not nearly as big. As always, it also depends in part on the game.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of hoping to see a way to use/mod some crazy 16:18 aspect ratio so that I can play in windowed splitscreen coop where each player have a full monitor for themselves.
Durante : any idea if custom resolution usually allow something like that ? googling lead me to nothing but I doubt I'm the first to think about that.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Kind of hoping to see a way to use/mod some crazy 16:18 aspect ratio so that I can play in windowed splitscreen coop where each player have a full monitor for themselves.
Durante : any idea if custom resolution usually allow something like that ? googling lead me to nothing but I doubt I'm the first to think about that.
Yeah, I have dual monitors too (TV and monitor), and I'd love to play local with my wife on our own full display.

Meowsli

Mar 5, 2019
Actually looking forward to trying online co-op tomorrow with a friend, hopefully the game isn't just a fun multiplayer experience but has some juicy content for solo play too.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
I bought this because I wanted to support more rpgs of this nature. I can usually dig janky rpgs, but I'm a bit worried about the survival elements. No clue when I'll find time to play it though because I'm knee deep in Sekiro at the moment.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this because I wanted to support more rpgs of this nature. I can usually dig janky rpgs, but I'm a bit worried about the survival elements. No clue when I'll find time to play it though because I'm knee deep in Sekiro at the moment.
From most accounts on YouTube, the survival stuff isn't very harsh.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Ahhh I can't wait for this to release. Just watched the entire dev stream from earlier this month.

This is exactly what my friend and I have wanted since the original Skyrim days years and years ago. We would sit in party chat while playing and talk about our adventures together, but not in the same game. ESO was a huge excitement for us, but ended up being a let down since all we wanted was a fantasy adventure game where the two of us could run around together.

Damn I'm excited for this.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to assume what will people will attempt to mod first it'll be the inventory space.

It's. ALWAYS. the inventory space lmao

people

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't encountered anything that I would call a boss yet, but I'm also in the process of completing a side-quest that involves 'eliminating 3 specific enemies that pose a significant threat', generals of sorts I guess. One of them was definitely stronger and tougher than regular enemies, the second one I blew up with traps and lanterns, and I decided to go do a favor for the third, because that's in a place I was supposed to go for a main quest anyway.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These graphics are really something all right. Did this get xbox one x enhanced from an og Xbox game I never heard about until now? I kid i kid. Anyway, playing to see how good of a game it is. So far I'm intrigued. Sometimes rough games have 10x the charm of a AAA title

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really liking the tutorial so far. Still dont know which class I would use. Once you set your mind that it's not a triple A game, the game become really good.

Dec 23, 2017
Looking at the Xbox achievements, you get a 1 pt achievement for starting the game and it only fixes itself with a 99 point achievement when you complete all quest lines. Seriously considering not starting and getting a refund because of that.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the Xbox achievements, you get a 1 pt achievement for starting the game and it only fixes itself with a 99 point achievement when you complete all quest lines. Seriously considering not starting and getting a refund because of that.
wow... I didn't know people could be so much into collecting achievements

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
When it's night ... it's dark as hell! Well, I'm really liking this so far. I ran around, got carved up by Hyena a few times, and even though it was close... I have yet to actually die.

After that I completed the first real main quest for Helen. About her quest...

Should I have kept the mushroom shield? It was pretty damn cool looking. I just gave it to her for the money for my blood price...

All in all, this is quite a fun little jRPG.

Jank RPG =)

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
It really depends on the aspect ratio support of the game. If it supports arbitrary aspect ratios then I don't see a reason that wouldn't work. (In windowed mode, on extended desktop, with the 2 monitors set as stacked in Windows)

PS3 and PS4 do for sure, as I have an SSD in each. There are tangible benefits, but they're not as good as they should be due to outdated SATA connections.
Probably also (or in some games even more so) due to CPU limitations.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
When it's night ... it's dark as hell! Well, I'm really liking this so far. I ran around, got carved up by Hyena a few times, and even though it was close... I have yet to actually die.

After that I completed the first real main quest for Helen. About her quest...

Should I have kept the mushroom shield? It was pretty damn cool looking. I just gave it to her for the money for my blood price...

All in all, this is quite a fun little jRPG.

Jank RPG =)
Yeah, night is dark af. When the townspeople told us to pay or fuck off we entered a frenzy state looking for anything we could loot, so we went into a storage room down by the pier (60 silver coins ruby inside btw). When we came out it was already dark but we didn't want to waste so much time waiting for dawn so we went out to search for the mushroom shield.

Outside was in total darkness, only one of us had a lamplight and we only knew the cave was to the northeast. To make things worse, the map was glitched, it showed landmarks but the actual map background was a random image. Luckily we found the cave entrance while looking for berries lol. We then gave the shield to the lady and paid the blood price. I guess there's some way of keeping the house without paying, as they hint something about good deeds for the town, but whatever, collecting the money wasn't that hard after all.

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know if there is another Day 1 patch dropping today?

people

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if there is another Day 1 patch dropping today?
1.01 is still latest version on PS4. Trophies aren't syncing either.
If any patch is coming, I hope it deals with whatever fixes the map issues I keep having.

Also, I finished the 2nd quest in one of the quest lines, as well as one of the 'parallel quests'. It got pretty adventurous. One tactic I have started to employ and enjoy is to have different types of enemies fight it out between themselves and then deal with who/whatever is left over and check the loot. It works pretty well most of the time, especially since most have a pretty long aggro/pursuit range, so you can grab their attention and let them meet up and duke it out. Some of the stronger monsters quickly destroy human type enemies though.

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It really depends on the aspect ratio support of the game. If it supports arbitrary aspect ratios then I don't see a reason that wouldn't work. (In windowed mode, on extended desktop, with the 2 monitors set as stacked in Windows)
Good to know, crossing finger that if it's not something the game allow at release maybe the devs might listen to that request down the line and patch it in. Thought I see how that would sadly be a very low priority, it's not something most people will see any use of ( play coop, has two monitor and a computer strong enough to play at that resolution ).

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is sudden. I heard about this not long ago but it looks like it could be a real gem. The only thing I'm concerned with is the viability of playing through the game without magic.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Man, im still kinda so so on this game. The combat seems pretty clunky tbh. Gotta wait for more reviews, or maybe I will just bite and get a refund if I dislike it..

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
Review-wise I'd think a 70ish Metacritic score.

Yeah, I could definitely see this. I've only played a few hours, but I'll write some quick impressions (these honestly mimic what others have said):

The tutorial was good and I definitely recommend others go through it before starting their game. I'm sure a lot of the things could be figured out on your own, but as someone who doesn't play games with survival elements, I was glad to know about food/drink/rest/illness/temperature/etc.

Speaking of survival elements, I haven't found them to be all that imposing... yet. As others have said, basic food (berries and the like) are pretty common early on and water is just about everywhere. Just be sure to pay attention to the type of water and food - some need to be boiled or cooked first. Read the flavor text on items you pick up!

Combat is so-so. It's stamina based (think Souls games) and if you are over encumbered you'll be at a disadvantage. Be sure to drop your backpack before engaging in a fight and remember to pick it back up afterwards! Inventory space is at a premium.

The sound/music is honestly underwhelming. Conversations are only partly voiced (in the main quest, not sure about elsewhere) and the music is very forgettable. Shame, as that is usually a big deal for me. Hopefully it gets better.

The graphics... yikes. I'm playing on the Pro and this is honestly one of the ugliest games I've played on the system. This might be a deal breaker to some.

Overall, I like what I've played. Assuming the survival elements don't get out of hand later on, I can see myself putting quite a bit of time into this game.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Still on the fence. I'm waiting on more impressions I think. The survival elements don't appeal to me at all, but the rest does.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
Splendid OT! Looking forward to hearing from this game. It's doing something I thought only old MMOs would try to do.

people

Oct 27, 2017
I'm quite confused about "Cheat for displaying previous save was added" from the 1.02* patch notes. It used to be that you could load (Select Character) either your Manual Save or the Auto Save. With this latest* patch, only the Auto Save shows up anymore. So, unless they chose the opposite wording for the patch notes, it seems to me that the ability to select/load a 'previous save' was actually removed.. Or does this 'cheat' need to be enabled somewhere?

I'm fine with a single save, but I just now had/chose to quit-to-dashboard, because I was stuck between a wall and a slope and wasn't confident that the Auto Save when quitting to the main menu would let me resume the game in a playable state.

*PS4 is at 1.02, but I'm reading about 1.03 on reddit..

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
FoV sliders, arbitrary resolution, unlimited framerates, native DS4 support, best devs.

botVsnS.jpg

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting form some impressions. The game looks like a fantastic experience. My only "complains" (based on trailers) is that it looks like combat is a bit rough and the game (Without offense intended) looks like en early access title?

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waiting form some impressions. The game looks like a fantastic experience. My only "complains" (based on trailers) is that it looks like combat is a bit rough and the game (Without offense intended) looks like en early access title?
I can assure you, it's nowhere an early access. The combat is a little clunky if you compared it to dark souls for exemple, but it's a team of 9 people. once you unlock some other stuff to do beside the sword (for exemple magic) the game really shine