• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
I can assure you, it's nowhere an early access. The combat is a little clunky if you compared it to dark souls for exemple, but it's a team of 9 people. once you unlock some other stuff to do beside the sword (for exemple magic) the game really shine

Now all I need are some reports regarding how it works on Linux using Steam Proton.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
On PC atleast it plays pretty well. No crashes and at ultra settings it actually looks pretty good. No idea if tge 60 fps lock can be removed?

I really like the exploring aspect of the game.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
On PC atleast it plays pretty well. No crashes and at ultra settings it actually looks pretty good. No idea if tge 60 fps lock can be removed?

I really like the exploring aspect of the game.

There's supposed to be completely unlocked framerates, perhaps v-sync is locking it or a refresh rate settings needs to be changed.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
This looks treemendous. I think I remember seeing it a while back but didn't realise it was coming to PS4

Interface Looks a bit like Dark Souls.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a good time. Fought the two bug men in the storage room and they almost killed me.

About to go pay off my debt.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I just deleted the app, reinstalled from disc and let it update. Still only 1.02 (7 GB). This is a European retail version, are you in US?
a person on the facebook group also have a 7go update on Xbox compared to 2go on ps4, for update 1.02

Not sure where people saw update 1.03

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Gotta say the game stutters like a mother fucker. At 100 fps it feels way worse than ds1 at 30 fps. Also I am having a tough time with combat. Especially against multiple enemies. All you attacks take long to finish that even if you connect a hit, you will probably take obe yourself.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So yeah, I've played for an hour or so.

The town is lively with quite a lot of buildings and NPCs, but only a few buildings that can be entered and several NPCs that we can talk to, from quest givers to merchants. The control is snappy and fluid, I like it, too bad that you can't jump at all. Quite a lot of things to explore and loot in the first town to get me prepared. But as soon as I set foot outside, I feel totally lost in an instant. It's pretty dark at night, like pitch black, and I dunno where to go lol as there's no quest marker. The NPC only give you general direction on where to go, which you can read in the journal. There are lots of inventory management too, as everything has weight and your bag has limited space. I ended up dying to a couple of hyenas and brought back to the town by a traveler. Thankfully I didn't catch a disease, only confusion that's gone after I went to sleep at home. And that wrapped up my first day in Outward.

It's definitely more on the hardcore side, and I don't think the masses will like it. Will continue tomorrow in the morning.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly curious about co-op. I know one is a host and one is a guest, but does the guest progress their character the same as host?

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While this is certainly not my most anticipated game of the year, it's my most interested game of the year. Can't wait for reviews and opinions to start coming up, and were it not for Division 2, Sekiro, and Days Gone looming on the horizon, I'd have jumped in day one out of interest alone.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Yes, this is pretty much Gothic with pretty light survival elements.

Did they "fix" the death mechanism?

During my preview it was not working that well:
You "die", then it says you what happened to your character, like "Wolves brought you in their den!" or "You fell in the sea and now you awaken on a shore..." (yes, I was on a mountain...).

Them as soon as you get killed again, there is another one of these "explainations" and so on. Bad thing is: they could esily be chained.

Like: if I got killed and awaken near wolves, they most probably will kill me again.

Then I awake near some bandits... and so on...

That got ridiculous very quickly, actually.

Does the game still work this way?

Also, a terrible thing I've found is related to a pair of situations in which the game works as a "choose your adventure" book. For instance:

I entered a castle and a man asked me if I wanted to "stay". I said "yes", screen goes blank and then I found myself deprived of every item/weapon and enslaved in a un underground mine.

That was an HORRIBLE mechanic, as most probably I could have killed the man an run away from that situation...

Overall I have not quite enjoyed my time with the game, and not necessarily due to its survival mechanics.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I found the other Two Worlds player. We are two now. :)
I liked two worlds 2 when it came out, it worked as a game to burn time until the next big rpg was coming out (I think it was something major likd skyrim or dragon age coming out).

I tried replaying it though, and the presentation has aged horribly.

Two Worlds 1 though my friend and I rented on Xbox 360, it ran like a PowerPoint presentation so we returned it lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Watching some streams. I like the 'death is not horrible' mechanic.

Combat looks a little clunky and the AI seems off (Hero climbed up some rocks from a side that was low), but the 2 wolves just stayed at the part of the rock they couldn't climb up.

Feb 21, 2019
I'm just looking for something on the level of Two Worlds here. Hopefully that can be met.
Finally! I found the other Two Worlds player. We are two now. :)
And now we are three.

Two Worlds 2 (sorry Jerry, not 1), was actually a decent game. The switching the classes on the fly was cool. Back in those days pre-Skyrim, there weren't alot of open world RPGs. This one wasn't too bad at all.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
57kLNsz.png

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm just not sure if I will love/hate this after reading the thread and Destructoid review...dying sounds really bad - you are taken to a random point in the map but there is no marker to show where you are, and no fast travel hmm. That sounds really cool but if I did tons of times it seems like it would get pretty tedious.

I don't mind the bank at all though I love Gothic, ELEX, 2 Worlds / etc...

Does anyone have the XboxxOne X version? Trying to decide between that and PC but I can't find any details on performance on consoles?

I'm so torn but for 30-40 bucks I think I have to check this out to see if I love, or hate it lol!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019
I really enjoyed Two Worlds II too, there's Baker's Dozens of us!
Who knew it took an indie game published almost a decade later to bring us back together? On another note, I feel sorry for folks who can't appreciate the Eurojank RPGs for what they are. Its like not liking awesomely bad movies. There is often alot of ambition and charm to those games...that while technically they are inferior, you can't help but like them.
This is like thinking you're the only hispanic kid at the school, and then you hear a group of motherfuckers speaking Spanish in the hallway and you go in excitedly to say hi.

My people. Mi gente.
LOL, that made me laugh. Good work.

Venat Fan

Oct 29, 2017
I've been waiting for this game for almost three years now; I'm very close to buying it. The early Steam reviews have me hesitant though. Some people were complaining that the enemy AI is too stupid to make combat challenging. What are the impressions here?

A lot of the negatives listed here sound like positives to me (like the death mechanic), lol. Different tastes, I suppose.