• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just got this email

OUYA & Razer Forge TV Services Shutdown

Dear Developer,

We would like to inform you that the Forge TV Games store and OUYA service will cease operations on 6-25-2019.

This email serves as notice of termination of the Marketplace Agreement, in accordance with section 9 of the agreement, with effect on 5-25-2019.

Thank you for the support which you have extended us these past years. It has been a privilege to have worked with you and to have had you as part of our community.

Best Regards,
The Razer Team

FAQ: https://support.razer.com/console/razer-forge-tv/

Truly the end of an era.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
But where will I buy Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk now?

286845_front.jpg

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ouya/...amminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn/images/1326455

SamuelG

Jul 11, 2018
New Jersey
I owned an Ouya and for the life of me I can't remember why I bought it or anything I played on it. I think my reasoning was "it'll probably have at least one or two major hits worth playing."

lol whoops

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Ouya is in its box somewhere, wasting space

RIP Ouya, you had the worst controller ever

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
I mean, I guess it's always a little saddening when things like this come to fruition, and as that website states from June on you may not be able to play some Ouya titles, dependent on developer.

Still, this thing was such a failure and lacked true vision, it's not that disheartening.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I remember looking at this on Kickstarter, as it counted down the final minutes.

"I could get one engraved with my name!"

And I chose not to. Thinking that if it failed, I don't want that badge of shame on that device. It wasn't worth the risk.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that Razer bought this thing. I've never seen them market it or anything. I had no idea their rebranded "Forge TV" even existed.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
So games people paid for will no longer be able to be downloaded right?

I don't think too many people will be hurt by this particular storefront closing, but it's just another example of customers buying on faith that they will have access to their purchases in the future.

I'm still upset I can't download my purchases off the telltale store. If they had given just a week's advance notice it was shutting down... but I digress.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
My favorite streamer bought a new one (unused) last year to try and see what he could find and they literally killed the payment servers long ago. You can't buy any paid apps even when it's up, it's that's dead. Such a weird system, and such a weird fate to have a big kickstarter end so anticlimatically

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
I was an early backer of the Ouya, I don't think I bought a single game on it, I don't have any idea where it is now, maybe my mom's house, maybe a dump somewhere

SamuelG

Jul 11, 2018
New Jersey
So what are the exclusives on this thing?

Slightly serious answer, since I decided to do the research.

So at launch the only real Ouya exclusive was Towerfall. After it took off the devs made the smart move of porting it everywhere.

The only other major Ouya exclusive I can think of before having to Google was a game called Soul Fjord. It was developed by Airtight Games, the developers of Dark Void, Quantum Conundrum, and Murdered: Soul Suspect. It was also directed by Portal/Left 4 Dead director Kim Swift. The game took place in a 1970's inspired Norse world, where vikings wore disco clothes, and you played as a dude literally known as Magnus Jones. It actually beat Enter the Necrodancer to the punch by combining roguelite elements with rhythm gameplay. Unfortunately, unlike Necrodancer, it wasn't actually that much fun to play. I remember it being the only other Ouya game that Game Informer bothered to review (besides Towerfall) and they gave it a 5/10.

Killing Floor: Calamity was a top-down spin-off of the popular Killing Floor series. It was developed by Toadman Interactive, who also developed Immortal: Unchained and assisted in development with Warhammer: Vermintide. It actually later got an Android phone port, but that has seen been pulled off the Google Play store, so now if you want it you can only grab it on the Ouya.

Outside of those two games... having trouble finding much else.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks, that viking game sounds interesting, But yeah guess there's no hidden gems that need preserving here