• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hate it because it started the dumb Starfire trend.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
It's been a long time since I've last seen it but I thought it was really enjoyable. My favorite episodes were the Mad Mod ones because they were goofy and full of pop culture references that I liked.

Oct 27, 2017
The show is good. I remember a lot of people hating it at the time, but that attitude seems to have gone away over time. A lot of the crew went on to do Transformers Animated, and I love that show.

How can anyone watch this scenes and then tell me this show wasn't good or TTG is better:

I won't say it isn't good, but Go is better. Especially for some of the surprisingly dark humor.

547b1ht5pnl11.jpg

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
The show is good. I remember a lot of people hating it at the time, but that attitude seems to have gone away over time. A lot of the crew went on to do Transformers Animated, and I love that show.

I won't say it isn't good, but Go is better. Especially for some of the surprisingly dark humor.

547b1ht5pnl11.jpg

How is Go! better. The Titans are made unlikeable jackasses.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, some responses in this thread are a perfect example of isolated of a community ResetEra is. The show was loved and successful, even if it never reached the popularity of the DCAU. Though I do remember more people in school talked about it than, say, Static Shock or Batman Returns.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved it and still rewatch the DVDs from time to time. It has probably my favorite iterations of each of the main characters.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
the teen titans go movie is amazing

also, i always thought the 2003 teen titans was tonally all over the place. it never felt like it could find that sweet spot

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's still viewed as being good.

Meanwhile, Teen Titans Go can be hit or miss, but when it brings its A-Game it's pretty damn funny.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
People look back on it findly, but I remember in quite a good chunk of internet circles people threw it under the bus because of the anime inspirations.

Of course, we all suffer because a more narratively driven series was replaced with a sketch comedy show.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
This was one of my childhood shows. I hold it in high regard, it has equal comedy and pathos. The Teen Titans gang was just so cool and complex.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

547b1ht5pnl11.jpg

Yeah, this is a cute show that just provides little of what I'd look for in any sort of superhero narrative.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
What I've seen of Go! tells me that it's basically Family Guy for kids. Take that however you want.
The Teen titans Go movie is an amazing comic book movie and franchise is worth it for that alone though it has many great episodes.

The time travel bit in the movie is A+ rarely has a movie made me cackle like that.

Seriously it's got a 91% on rotten tomato go watch that movie.

Last edited:

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I enjoyed it.

It's hard to talk about due to the war between it and the TTG fanbases.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was so awesome. Great villain, emotional depth, excellent writing, great performances, and all-around memorable.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is cute. The 2003 show is much more entertaining and interesting, but this is undeniably cute.
Somehow the parody has better character writing. đź‘€
How is Go! better. The Titans are made unlikeable jackasses.
This is like saying it's always sunny isn't a good show because the mains are all absolutely horrible people.

What I've seen of Go! tells me that it's basically Family Guy for kids.
It's...not like that at all.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the fucking hot takes from both sides in this thread.
Both teen titans animated shows are excellent.

Animated Edge Lords.

The popularity of the next series makes it feel just lost in time.
I fucking hate edgy stuff and apart of some very mild stuff it has VERY little edge.
If you want to talk about edgy teen titans go to the live action series.
Its like saying Batman TAS was edgy when it has a lot of serious parts when it really has zero edginess.
If its because they used a lot of amerianime of the 2000 that was mostly used for the stupid funny parts not the edge. You want to see an international anime being edgy and using all the terrible edgy tropes of shonens? Look at fucking code lyoko (btw in Spain code lyoko and Teen Titans were aired in the same segment of cartoon network, one after the other, i hated having to see the last 10 minutes of Cody Lyoko when I was waiting to watch Teen Titans).

I also really like Teen Titans GO btw. Both series have their pros and cons but i think both were really succesful in what they tried to do, thougb i would love if both could coexist at the same time.

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Anyway, Teen Titans was awesome and one of my favorites growing up. I still love it now and my little sister loved it too.
TTGO just looks obnoxious to me