• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
By the way, since it says "Camera player 1" on the screen, this is likely focus group test footage, not a pitch video.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I just realized there's two camera persons. One taking a video of a laptop (nakedman), one taking a video of the phone (leakerman).

Last edited:

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
The way the leak is presented is actually more intriguing than the leaked footage itself. 😂

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
On the game itself, I found it a little weird that, while the woman had a bright flashlight, sure, the camera was also following her with a bright light constantly shining on her. She was even casting shadows from this spotlight, so it's not just that usual protagonist glow. So do you play as the woman in third person, or as Lakitu in first person? Also, was it Lakitu that killed her at the end?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Calling it here:

the mobile game is a game within the actual game. The world of the half naked guy who was filming it or the world of the person watching the half naked guy video is the "real world" of the video game. This "leaked" video is all intentional. Kojima did all of this.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
He's from a couple of slightly infamous toxic spanish Xbox fangroups in Twitter and FB.

I bet a bunch of people already know lol.

ahhh, that's disappointing, i don't want to keep making stupid Naked Phoneman jokes if he's shitty.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
well this is pretty much confirmation that the Elle and Shioli game isn't Overdose, right? I mean, it could still be, but it really feels unlikely.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The "Player 1 Camera" text makes me think another player might be controlling the scares

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
This looks like a video game?
I thought this was a new medium?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My uncle at Nintendo says that this is just the game, watching other people play a horror game. If you're the one playing the game you get extra points if you successfully scare the person watching you which is referred to as "giving them a horror overdose." The shirtless guy is not the reflection on the phone screen but a ghostly vision of the watcher that the player always sees. The player in this video is clearly playing it for the first time because that was a pretty weak jumpscare and she didn't play it up by screaming on her playercam. They needed the power to do this because the watcher's emotions are graded by an AI that gives you points for scaring someone and takes away points if they laugh and aren't scared.

My uncle at Nintendo knows about the game even though it's not on the Switch because Doug Bowser tried being the watcher and got scared and was too embarrassed by his reaction, being a big villain guy and all, that he decided to reject the game.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
My uncle at Nintendo says that this is just the game, watching other people play a horror game. If you're the one playing the game you get extra points if you successfully scare the person watching you which is referred to as "giving them a horror overdose." The shirtless guy is not the reflection on the phone screen but a ghostly vision of the watcher that the player always sees. The player in this video is clearly playing it for the first time because that was a pretty weak jumpscare and she didn't play it up by screaming on her playercam. They needed the power to do this because the watcher's emotions are graded by an AI that gives you points for scaring someone and takes away points if they laugh and aren't scared.

mus5q66e0zv11.jpg

Because when something sounds this crazy, it's actually because of Kojima

TheXboxPost

Banned
Oct 1, 2021
Calling it here:

the mobile game is a game within the actual game. The world of the half naked guy who was filming it or the world of the person watching the half naked guy video is the "real world" of the video game. This "leaked" video is all intentional. Kojima did all of this.

A mobile game within a "proper" game would fit into Kojima's narrative about this project.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how is this supposed to be a revolution Kojima claims it to be. Maybe your phone explodes killing you if you die in the game👀

Oct 27, 2017
well this is pretty much confirmation that the Elle and Shioli game isn't Overdose, right? I mean, it could still be, but it really feels unlikely.

Wasn't that all but confirmed? I swear I saw something about a producer at KJP retweet the 'Who am I' stuff (before the Elle Fanning reveal) with the hashtag #DeathStranding before she deleted it.

Anyway, I wanted Kojima to do a horror game, but not like this. Maybe it'll be better than it looks? I don't think after MGSV everyone envisioned his gameplay mechanics getting simpler and simpler with each game.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Wonder how is this supposed to be a revolution Kojima claims it to be. Maybe your phone explodes killing you if you die in the game👀

I don't see it being a "revolution" really, but from what I guess, it's probably a game two people play simultaneously where one person is playing the survivor, and the other player is carefully triggering the scares to get a reaction out of their character -- not so much the player -- and the player has to carefully navigate the level ensuring their character stays as sane and stable as possible.

You can see the game over screen pops up out of the blue, possibly because the character reached to maximum allotted for failures, in this case being frightened.

If that is the case, then it's effectively a slightly more complicated version of Clock Tower, but multiplayer and likely spanning different mediums. We've seen him talk about Cloud gaming and streaming as well. This is possibly not even a game you need to install per se.

It could be something truly special, or it could just be another evolutionary cul-de-sac in the games industry. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be at the very least interesting to ponder about and explore like all of his games are.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Me: *reads OP* What do you mean naked?

...Oh, I see.

Also, interesting that this appears to be a type of mobile game.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
The "Player 1 Camera" text makes me think another player might be controlling the scares

I don't see it being a "revolution" really, but from what I guess, it's probably a game two people play simultaneously where one person is playing the survivor, and the other player is carefully triggering the scares to get a reaction out of their character -- not so much the player -- and the player has to carefully navigate the level ensuring their character stays as sane and stable as possible.

I think it could be the opposite. In an interview, Kojima once commented that with horror movies, anyone can watch because they can just close their eyes at the scary parts and the movie keeps going. But a horror game is interactive and depends on the player to progress.

I want to create a horror game, but I don't have this good solution to this. For P.T., I wanted to create something that everyone really shares. But if you're too scared you won't play, right? I want to challenge the horror genre and solve this problem.

I think this new "medium" could just be some form of spectating people playing the horror game with the power of the cloud, along with some form of interaction. Maybe like a Supermassive type game except each character is a real life player and your interactions are less direct.

Just speculating here though.

Edit: Quoted wrong person.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
I think it could be the opposite. In an interview, Kojima once commented that with horror movies, anyone can watch because they can just close their eyes at the scary parts and the movie keeps going. But a horror game is interactive and depends on the player to progress.

I think this new "medium" could just be some form of spectating people playing the horror game with the power of the cloud, along with some form of interaction. Maybe like a Supermassive type game except each character is a real life player and your interactions are less direct.

Just speculating here though.

There's been a game that kind of does this; very old. It was called Daylight and it featured direct Twitch chat integration, whereby people could type in specific commands in your chat and provided the cooldown is obeyed, it would cause noises or things to happen -- because the levels were procedurally generated, playthroughs could then diverge massively.

I've always wanted to see something that takes that concept and runs with it more.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Not like this Kojima, not like this. 😭

What a waste of this man's abilities and skills (If we really still get DS 2 then I might be ok with it tho... But man.....).

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Maybe the naked man is part of the game.

Naked man is actually an unannounced game console. There's one Joycon you have to shake and stroke in order to turn it on, and the system recognizes and logs in specific player profiles based on how you suck it. If you drop the console it takes a shit on the floor so be vary careful as there's no warranty.