• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Was formally announced at Blizzcon 2019! Is set to be after the fall of Overwatch. Trailer shows the attack on France by Null Sector. Watch the "Zero Hour" Cinematic!

ALL MAPS AVAILABLE FOR LEGACY OVERWATCH PLAYERS. SHARED MULTIPLAYER ENVIRONMENT. ALL COSMETICS ARE COMING OVER.

Sojourn and Echo confirmed as new heroes!

EDIT: Gameplay trailer!

EDIT 2:
Here's a summary of Overwatch 2 news in a shortened way:
  • Complete story experience with story missions, PvE modes, remastered maps
  • Hero missions are highly replayable cooperative experiences
  • All 31 heroes + more are getting upgraded looks to them.
  • Multiple new heroes already confirmed, but won't be talking about yet
  • With Overwatch 2, they wanna redefine what a sequel means. For all Overwatch players, you will get to play on all of the same maps as Overwatch 2 players and same heroes. It's a shared multiplayer environment where no one gets left behind.
  • All Overwatch progress matters, everything carries over to Overwatch 2.
Basically, it's gonna be a "DLC" that people can pay for in order to receive all the story based and PvE based content. You lose nothing besides that by sticking to Overwatch 1 besides I'm assuming the new graphics? They didn't say anything if the remastered content or new UI gets added to Overwatch 1.

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Up to the normally high standard of Overwatch's cinematics and trailers. Can't wait.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Would be funny if they took Mei out because of the HK stuff

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
giphy.gif

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Luckily it looks like it's running on more or less the same engine so my current coffemaker should run this no prob

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I think I'm back in Overwatch. I was out of 1 for a bit, just got sorta bored with it but yeah this looks great. PvP, Story Missions, PvE, co-op, damn.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Overwatch players, do these cinamatics do anything for you? I can get behind getting excited for more improved overwatch but bookending story cinematics while the PVP is mostly just payloud and shooting each other seems odd to me. Attaching a story to it by way of 1 or two cinematics seems weird.

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I see no difference. Never played Overwatch a lot , but eh... guess this is not really for newcomers. More for OW Fans that need more of the Overwatch-Lore..?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch players, do these cinamatics do anything for you? I can get behind getting excited for more improved overwatch but bookending story cinematics while the PVP is mostly just payloud and shooting each other seems odd to me. Attaching a story to it by way of 1 or two cinematics seems weird.
They just added a story mode to OW2 with PvE.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to know what will happen to all the lootbox skins xD
Srsly. All that money people have invested in OW thinking that it was a platform and not a single game like Call of Duty has me curious. When I was playing, I certainly thought it was a platform/service.

Also, these PvE modes were already in the first game during events... why does this need an entirely new release to make it permanent?

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Expac to OW, honestly I expected more.