• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo IV is also confirmed to be there according to their dev update yesterday

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
200.gif

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of obvious considering how NOTHING from that game has been seen since last year's Blizzcon, I hope they do the surprise release date in the Spring.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who still plays OW1 casually, I'm really curious what they're going to do to make it better than OW1. All the co-op stuff I couldn't care less for. Really hope they don't replace OW1 with something that turns out to be worse.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
The fact that they just released an FFA map makes me think overwatch 2 is nowhere NEAR ready.

Like, maybe november next year.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The fact that they just released an FFA map makes me think overwatch 2 is nowhere NEAR ready.

Like, maybe november next year.
it's not replacing anything in OW1 though, and the two games will coexist for MP. anything they do for OW1 is effectively preliminary work for OW2

they really shouldn't have called it a sequel because the whole model is... stupid

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
OW2 basically works just like Heart of the Swarm or Legacy of the Void did for SC2. Shared MP experience with the campaign limited to those who buy OW2. Why it's called Overwatch 2 I couldn't tell you. Maybe Activision demanded a sequel?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
man, despite the overwatch hype, I feel like Blizzard purposely made the most lowkey announcement for the sequel

did they not want people to get hype?

like that roll call in the trailer had the opposite energy of the avengers endgame scene

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll finally add actual ultrawide support with the new engine. Not interested in any of the co-op stuff but I'll circle back to OW multiplayer when OW2 drops and everyone is upgraded to the new multiplayer engine.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
man, despite the overwatch hype, I feel like Blizzard purposely made the most lowkey announcement for the sequel

did they not want people to get hype?

like that roll call in the trailer had the opposite energy of the avengers endgame scene

Activision wanted it to be a sequel the creators did not is why

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
it's not replacing anything in OW1 though, and the two games will coexist for MP. anything they do for OW1 is effectively preliminary work for OW2

they really shouldn't have called it a sequel because the whole model is... stupid

Well, if their release was soon, they probably would have packed the new map in with 2 to be able to pad the value of the cost.

I think the single player stuff and the PVE stuff went back to the drawing board late last year, and considering that's the only real value proposition for OW2 over just playing OW, I think that aspect of the game may be in trouble.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, isn't it basically a big update for Overwatch 1 and a couple extra modes? Pretty underwhelming for a sequel.
They explained it and it was overly complex way. It was Overwatch with some fixes and update plus PVE. Sounds like a real hard stretch for calling it a sequel

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Remove Backfill

Let me select if I wanna attack or defend before arcade quick match

I'll pay 40 bucks if they do that.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The graphics update with a PVE DLC expansion pack marketed as a sequel returns to the spotlight.

Sams

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much overwatch 1.5 from everything we've heard too. I just hope they fix competitive

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
There was a time when I was in deep with Overwatch but the idea of loot boxes seems even more ridiculous now than it did then. I'm quite interested in Diablo IV, however, even if it's years off.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I just hope that they don't bump the minimum specs too much, my 8-10 year old pc plays OW just fine and I don't want to upgrade.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to hear more. Play every day and still love it. Just want more maps and non dps heroes.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
I for real forgot about Overwatch 2 thought they just dropped it to be honest, but that's cool they are showing more about it.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I hope it can get me interested in the game again. I was addicted to it from like 2016-2018 then the stale events and meta changes eventually made me drop the game altogether. Still enjoy the gameplay and heroes a lot though so curious to see what all they do with this.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
The PVE map I played at BlizzCon was okay. Wonder if they ended up adding a bit more into this to really make it a sequel.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Based on the PVE events in OW, I just cannot fathom getting excited for a sequel with mainly PVE content.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Have faith in Blizzard and the Overwatch team. They are the OG of "it's out when it's ready". Keep it in the oven as long as you need papa Jeff.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Is there a chance that the SP mode will have a good amount of original content and won't rely on repeatable content to pad out its play time?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how they gonna support the PVE aspect of this game going forward. PVE should means frequently adding short campaign that covers different time period with you playing different characters in each major update, but I'm not sure how realistic that is without Activision mandating a new payment scheme into the game.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad there's a date for news but honestly I have a long ways to dig out of the SR hole I'm in right now that I don't mind waiting lol.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Based on the PVE events in OW, I just cannot fathom getting excited for a sequel with mainly PVE content.
Yeah, Junkenstein and the Archives events have me pretty wary that they understand what it'll take to make good PVE content with Overwatch as a base, but we'll see. Saying that OW2 is "mainly" PVE is a bit misrepresentative, though, since it's also coming with a bunch of new heroes, maps, and a new core PVP mode. It's just that the PVE content is the only part that will be a paid upgrade for people who already have OW.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Junkenstein and the Archives events have me pretty wary that they understand what it'll take to make good PVE content with Overwatch as a base, but we'll see. Saying that OW2 is "mainly" PVE is a bit misrepresentative, though, since it's also coming with a bunch of new heroes, maps, and a new core PVP mode. It's just that the PVE content is the only part that will be a paid upgrade for people who already have OW.

So all of the non PVE stuff is free if you own OW?