• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All that plus the extra headshot damage is lmao. He has literally everything but high mobility.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Junkerqueen feels like the doomfist of Overwatch 2. In that she launched, was meta, nerfed into the ground and for now seems Forgotten. Wondering if she'll get season 2 buffs or not.

At least she doesn't have bugs affecting her kit, i.e. rocket punch sliders, zero damage slams, etc.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
This calmed me about Ramattra a great deal.

The primary fire uses what seems to be a ton of very low-damage projectiles - it will be a nuisance, and maybe 100dps (from the looks of it) is a bit much for a weapon with such a short reload, but it'll be weaker into armor and he won't be tracking a moving target's head from 30 yards with the thing (from how it looks, at least). The shield is on a 15 second CD - very long - and he's only 450 HP in Onmic form. I wish they'd shown the cooldown on the pulls-you-down-and-slows-you thing.

I also want numbers on his Nemesis Form punches. Looks like 50 damage per punch?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
All that plus the extra headshot damage is lmao. He has literally everything but high mobility.
Idk, his burst damage doesn't look all that great.

His ULT seems like the only crazy thing about him imo. I think the rest doesn't look too oppressive which is good. The piercing pummel thing will be interesting. Looking forward to see how that works. Lack of mobility makes sense and is balanced trade off. He looks pretty slow.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Junkerqueen feels like the doomfist of Overwatch 2. In that she launched, was meta, nerfed into the ground and for now seems Forgotten. Wondering if she'll get season 2 buffs or not.

At least she doesn't have bugs affecting her kit, i.e. rocket punch sliders, zero damage slams, etc.
I think Doom is still the only Doom in OW. The mobility is a big part of what makes him Doom and no other Tanks outside of maybe Ball and Winston can really get closer to replicating that.

I think he gets buffs in season 2 that will allow him to live a bit longer which is his only really issue imo. His survivability sucks, his ULT is a joke and i think only Orisas competes with him for worst Tank ULT. Compared to the other Tanks and their abilities that let them be a Tank... Power Block is hot Doo Doo. He still does a ton of damage and can kill squishies quickly so i think he's fine there.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I disagree, that's his only ability that is movement related at all. It's only a few seconds shorter than things like Kiriko suzu and Bap frisbee

Yea but it's also 1 sec longer than a Zarya bubble - pretty short, to me. Though Bap's lamp is 25, I think.

Idk, his burst damage doesn't look all that great.

His ULT seems like the only crazy thing about him imo. I think the rest doesn't look too oppressive which is good. The piercing pummel thing will be interesting. Looking forward to see how that works. Lack of mobility makes sense and is balanced trade off. He looks pretty slow.

I wanna know the exact range of those punches...

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
If this guy's punches have an infinite range while a character named Doomfist is going around hitting people in melee range, I'mma' be disappointed.
i think Doom needs a survivablity buff and he will be golden.

Doom's insane mobility makes up for a lot of things, he's just very bad at the tanking part of the job, damage and killing isn't his issue-- it's surviving on and off cooldown. Which makes sense because he has the most hard counters in the game. His ult and power block also completely suck, no way around it... But last thing we need is them buffing his punch, the community will riot if that happens lol.

i think what will determine how powerful Rama (idk what we will end up nicknaming him lol) is how well he matches up against Hog. His power block like ability looks like an easy hook magnet, and his massive hitbox in Nemesis form will make for a good Hog Ult farm. Neutral game should be interesting between the two considering his other form has enough tools in there to outplay a Hog. However the shield being on a much longer cooldown that hook has me skeptical.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Getting POTG with Kiriko feels like it's just as difficult as Ana at times. Whew, tough crowd.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Put me in the camp of thinking he is over designed.

It feels like they threw 2 heroes together knowing the next tank would most likely be a year away at the earliest after the next 2 healers and a DPS.

Junker Queen immediately needs to be addressed in the meantime. I dot class just makes no sense outside of that ultimate preventing healing which you can plan around and requires like 3 hits to make her dot Regen make a lick of sense imo.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the camp of thinking he is over designed.

It feels like they threw 2 heroes together knowing the next tank would most likely be a year away at the earliest after the next 2 healers and a DPS.

Junker Queen immediately needs to be addressed in the meantime. I dot class just makes no sense outside of that ultimate preventing healing which you can plan around and requires like 3 hits to make her dot Regen make a lick of sense imo.
Pretty sure the hero release schedule for 2023 is gonna be support, tank, support.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Getting POTG with Kiriko feels like it's just as difficult as Ana at times. Whew, tough crowd.

Definitely easier than Ana, I reckon. Granted I don't play much Ana, but I think I've gotten 2-3 PotGs with her in the last 5 years. OW2 has been out for like 2 months and - granted, I don't play much Kiriko, but - I've already gotten 3 with her.

That said, the basic Ana principles of PotGs still kind of apply. A ton of assists with some damage will do it, or a big cleanse with the bell and some damage, or just, y'know, a ton of damage with headshots. Kiriko's got a big leg up on Ana in that department just by virtue of being able to crit.

She's not rolling in PoGs like Zenyatta, but she's miles better than Ana in that regard, for me.

View: https://youtu.be/XNCEGHwljEM

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I put in a decent amount of time on Brig this weekend and damn you need to put in some serious work to get value out of her. If you push even a few feet too far out of position you get dropped (against good teams). It feels like you need to walk the line perfectly between being defensive to keep yourself safe but not too defensive that you can't make plays for your team. You really need to pay attention to your surroundings and adjust your position accordingly, which is a lot easier said that done since you're going to be in the thick of things most of the time. Also, you're at the complete mercy of your teammates since you'll usually need to position yourself behind your tank and near your other teammates. So if they're in bad position, so are you, and it's most likely gonna go poorly. She also seems very map dependent. It feels a lot more difficult to use her on maps that don't have a lot of cover and have open spaces.

Booping a Sigma off the map durig his ult and hearing him scream on the way down tho 👌

View: https://twitter.com/MTeaH1/status/1597133606933221376?s=20&t=gUYOfMnnsUXws0gBpvjiJQ

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I put in a decent amount of time on Brig this weekend and damn you need to put in some serious work to get value out of her. If you push even a few feet too far out of position you get dropped (against good teams). It feels like you need to walk the line perfectly between being defensive to keep yourself safe but not too defensive that you can't make plays for your team. You really need to pay attention to your surroundings and adjust your position accordingly, which is a lot easier said that done since you're going to be in the thick of things most of the time. Also, you're at the complete mercy of your teammates since you'll usually need to position yourself behind your tank and near your other teammates. So if they're in bad position, so are you, and it's most likely gonna go poorly. She also seems very map dependent. It feels a lot more difficult to use her on maps that don't have a lot of cover and have open spaces.

Booping a Sigma off the map durig his ult and hearing him scream on the way down tho 👌

View: https://twitter.com/MTeaH1/status/1597133606933221376?s=20&t=gUYOfMnnsUXws0gBpvjiJQ

How surprising...
They took away everything away from this hero. They made her kit boring and removed everything that used to make her unique as a Support. Plus her Ult is a pure trash now. Probably the worst Ult in the game. She is slow, big target, has a paper shield, doesn't have stun anymore, doesn't give armor anymore... She is dead.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Not used to the timing on Genjis deflect. Id hit it the instant Hogs animation would charge his hook and it was already too late.

Definitely want to practice with him more though. He's a lot more fun without two tanks clogging the field.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
first time i've completed weeklies before monday and this time i had them all done on saturday. went 6-3 in open queue comp. game is way more fun with 2 tanks, 2 supports, and 1 flex player.

Oct 27, 2017
Not used to the timing on Genjis deflect. Id hit it the instant Hogs animation would charge his hook and it was already too late.

Definitely want to practice with him more though. He's a lot more fun without two tanks clogging the field.

It can be pretty unreliable trying to deflect on reflex, as a lot of it is ping-dependant, and Roadhog's hook tends to get priority (it's possible to be hooked through your deflect if there's enough lag). Plus, most Roadhogs will do the melee fake-out to get you to use your deflect early.

Still worth a try if Hog corners you and your dash is on cooldown, but don't feel bad if you get got.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
First, nice.

Second, I just can't bring myself to buy gold weapons any more. I've got them on Tracer, Mercy, Zen and Zarya - but wearing them seems to invite a lot of toxicity from the red team, so I just keep them in the drawer...

Last edited:

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I'm now butting against the issue with my golden guns that I have them for the 15 heroes I actually play with consistently. Now it's digging into the quick counter picks that I'm not great at and rarely play, but what the hell else am I going to spend this gold on?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
After getting off the call with Blizzard Support, the short of it is none of the OWL Promo skins or my tokens will be rewarded to me, despite watching the playoffs up to 30+ hours and the grand final's up to 2+ hours, along with the encore rebroadcast stuff. :/

I'm usually pretty patient about this, but this is so stupid.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now butting against the issue with my golden guns that I have them for the 15 heroes I actually play with consistently. Now it's digging into the quick counter picks that I'm not great at and rarely play, but what the hell else am I going to spend this gold on?
I'd hold on to them in the hopes Blizzard ever bothers to introduce a new gun skin reward. That's what I'm doing.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Junker Queen is really fun but she def needs good support to survive. that scream is like nothing. got some trophy and not sure what it's for. also got the PotG which was nice.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
After getting off the call with Blizzard Support, the short of it is none of the OWL Promo skins or my tokens will be rewarded to me, despite watching the playoffs up to 30+ hours and the grand final's up to 2+ hours, along with the encore rebroadcast stuff. :/

I'm usually pretty patient about this, but this is so stupid.

I never watched OWL for fun - I'll watch highlights if Rapida/Noobhunter/Freshnuts/DailyOWmoments put them in a vid. The thought of doing it to pump (falsify) its viewership #s in return for a digital trinket is an abhorrent proposition, to me. I'm not down on anyone doing it, of course - get it, if you want to - but all the posts like this make me doubly glad I never did it.

It's now like an Amazon package that never arrived, which can never be refunded, 'cause the cost was time. The cost was part of your life.

...but I've been told I can be dramatic.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never watched OWL for fun - I'll watch highlights if Rapida/Noobhunter/Freshnuts/DailyOWmoments put them in a vid. The thought of doing it to pump (falsify) its viewership #s in return for a digital trinket is an abhorrent proposition, to me. I'm not down on anyone doing it, of course - get it, if you want to - but all the posts like this make me doubly glad I never did it.

It's now like an Amazon package that never arrived, which can never be refunded, 'cause the cost was time. The cost was part of your life.

ur right btw

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

You are not wrong.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

It is annoying that they fucked this up and bragged about their boosted views but it was also trivial to have a muted tab.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
This shit frustrates me the most out of everything in OW, Only the Mercy player backed me up on this and other players were saying to play the objective.

The whole play the objective mentality has made players far worse at the game. I'm starting to wonder if OW team is inflating SR cause this shouldn't happen in a diamond game. If you're a tank your ass better not be on payload unless the fight is there or there is no other person on payload.

View: https://streamable.com/qdzaww

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it was the first time in a long while that I watched OWL again and it's amazing how they screwed everyone over with the tokens and rewards. I got 60 coins and I should've gotten waaaay more. But it doesn't matter to them because they got their viewership numbers.

Only way I'll watch OWL again for rewards is if they sign with Twitch again now that the YT deal is up. Twitch's drop system where you can you know...actually SEE the progress you're making towards rewards actually works. Unlike YT where you have a diamond that pops up to imply you're getting rewards when who the hell knows if you really are.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This shit frustrates me the most out of everything in OW, Only the Mercy player backed me up on this and other players were saying to play the objective.

The whole play the objective mentality has made players far worse at the game. I'm starting to wonder if OW team is inflating SR cause this shouldn't happen in a diamond game. If you're a tank your ass better not be on payload unless the fight is there or there is no other person on payload.

"stay on the payload/point at all times no matter what" has ruined people's brains. they take it too far

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Fis7KuCX0AEU6iq

woohoo, Support role in Comp. Was poppin as Lucio for most of it and a lil bit of Moira. 18+k healing. was a close match. my hands hurt after this match.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017

yeah that's embarrassing if that's a diamond lobby

number 1 indicator for me that a tank doesn't know how to play their role is when they're doing exactly what that rein is doing and not pushing up to a more advantageous position that they can hold

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
Matchmaking is more important in this game compared to a lot of other games because of the intrinsic dependence you have on your teammates to do well. And yet, for every well-matched game, there seems to one that's completely lopsided. Problem comes about with matchmaking adding higher MMR players with lower MMR players to "balance out" the team. It's very hard to carry as one role if any of the other roles aren't doing what's expected (there are exceptions). This is why the game feels so bad sometimes. Wildly inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.