Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
KjfAf1U.png

Note: John Cena is not actually the new hero

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1usR3le8Q

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7usG2oKONE

Season 6 is upon us and we are finally getting part of the promised PvE content. The season is packed with new content including 3 story missions, a co-op mission, new support hero, new core mode Flashpoint with 2 maps, hero mastery, and new player progression system among other things. Overwatch 2 will now be available on Steam without the need to use the Battle.net client.

Launch Countdown:
Aug 10, 2023 at 3:00 PM

F3BbtuZXsAQr_r1

Story Missions

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9k-nb5w1OU&t=1s

In Zero Hour, we saw the rogue Omnic group, Null Sector, invade Paris. It was thanks to Winston, Tracer, Mei, and a handful of other heroes that the city was saved from destruction. However, the global invasion has only just begun.

Null Sector is bringing utter destruction to every city and seems to have an ulterior motive to kidnap Omnics for an unknown purpose. It's up to the new Overwatch team to find out what their plans are and put a stop to them, but they'll need help from past allies and new faces alike if they hope to stand a chance.

In Overwatch 2: Invasion, you and your friends can take on three action-packed missions that take place in Rio de Janeiro, Toronto, and Gothenburg—massive maps with complex objectives, and an in-depth storyline that will guide you along the way. You'll fight against the intensified forces of Null Sector, who will continue to attack until you've completely dismantled them. Stay alert for challenging enemies that haven't been encountered before, such as the powerful Artillery and the deadly Stalkers.

The 3 story missions will be available to purchase for $15. You will not be able to use coins to purchase the missions. The following is what you get for $15.
  • Access to the Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions, during the season and permanently after
  • 1,000 Overwatch Coins (equal to the Premium Battle Pass, $10 USD value)
  • A brand-new Sojourn Legendary skin ($19 USD value)
  • Permanent access to Sojourn as a playable hero for new players: unlocked upon completing Story Mission challenges.
New Co-op Event

In addition to Story Missions, you'll be able to take part in a new bonus co-op mission on King's Row. Explore all-new areas of the King's Row map as you guide a well-armed TS-1 push bot on a mission to save Iggy and the rest of the Omnic Underworld from Null Sector. You'll face new objectives, along with new Null Sector enemies that may somehow feel familiar.

New Hero: Illari

YEYbd4c.png

New Core Game Mode: Flashpoint

Also launching with Overwatch 2: Invasion is Flashpoint: a whole new PVP core game mode available for all players in Quick Play or Competitive Play. This mode will feature two new locales that are Overwatch 2's biggest PVP maps to date!

Teams will fight for control of key positions across the map called "flashpoints," aiming to capture three of them before their opponents do. You'll have no time to relax once a point is captured, as the next one will already be waiting. Not only will this mode test your mechanical skills, but also your ability to plan ahead—stopping opponents from moving on to the next flashpoint will be a huge key to victory.

Hero Mastery

Finally, we're introducing a new way to play and practice with your favorite heroes with Hero Mastery mode. These engaging training courses are specifically designed for each select hero, testing your skills with their abilities. Hero Mastery will also feature global leaderboards to showcase the top-performing hero masters across the world. Overwatch 2: Invasion will be launching the first courses for a selection of heroes, with more to come in future seasons.

The Practice Range also gets its first major update this season, with a brand-new firing range to hone your aim with any hero, including dozens of practice settings and multiple targets to choose from.

The new firing range will be launching on August 10, while Hero Mastery mode will launch later in the season. (Updated)

New Player Progression

With Season 6 a new player progression system will be implemented to keep track on a per hero basis you're achievements.

XwcVMsz.png

rHdn3Q6.png

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Not interested in the PvE frankly however really excited for Illari and Flashpoint

thankfully just managed to save up enough rewards points and got myself enough for the Battle Pass today so will be picking that up straight away after skipping Season 5

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
Hate how Cena is in the title.

Looking forward to finally seeing what Illara's abilities are.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
150k would be double the numbers Modern Warfare has on Steamcharts right now, which is probably the game most comparable to Overwatch in terms of how diffused it's playerbase is.

I think 70k-100k would be at most what I'd be willing to guess to avoid someone screencapping and laughing at me.

I think it mostly depends on how many people will migrate to steam from bnet. I personally won't, but I'm also not one of the people who have steam open all the time.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to dive into this season and play the campaign missions. Can't wait. See y'all on the other side in about 2 hours.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When does the download go live for Steam? Might try to see how it runs on deck through their client now.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm not expecting a big number for OW2 on its Steam launch tbh.

Nonetheless, I am excited to try the new hero and see if the PvE is actually decent on the hardest mode.

I won't need this, but how does this work? If you "unlock" the heroes, do you keep them even if your Game Pass lapses?
If it's anything with how League and Valorant do it, then no, you lose it if your Game Pass sub expires.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The whole John Cena thing was weird.

Can't wait for the update tho.

I hope one day they restock the statues. I want a Genji one.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting a big number for OW2 on its Steam launch tbh.

Nonetheless, I am excited to try the new hero and see if the PvE is actually decent on the hardest mode.

If it's anything with how League and Valorant do it, then no, you lose it if your Game Pass sub expires.

If its like the Riot integration, you have access as long as you are a GP subscriber.
Makes some sense . . . but also it seems weird since most of the heroes are free with some minor challenges involved. I wonder if you'll keep some but not all? Guess we'll find out.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lapsed player coming back. Playing the tail end of S5 reminded me the game is still fun when playing it on my own terms and pace.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Not thrilled about paying 15 bucks for 3 missions but we'll see if they're worth it.