• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Starts at the top of the hour, ~20 min

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

What to expect
  • ~40 mins video
  • Junker Queen cinematic and gameplay
  • New map
  • Information on the service model and seasonal content plan
  • Information on cross-progression
  • Information on next closed beta phase
  • PvE is unlikely at this time
Next closed beta will be PC, PS, Xbox starting the 28th, how we gain access or if those that had access retain it we do not know yet.

Full Details from Stream:
www.nintendo.com

Overwatch 2 releases on October 4 – Official Nintendo Site

Enjoy the 5v5 free-to-play multiplayer game anytime, anywhere with the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems. Play with friends on any platform.

If you were in the previous beta you have to opt-in again
playoverwatch.com

Overwatch 2

Overwatch 2 is a free-to-play, team-based action game set in the optimistic future, where every match is the ultimate 5v5 battlefield brawl. Play as a time-jumping freedom fighter, a beat-dropping battlefield DJ, or one of over 30 other unique heroes as you battle it out around the globe.

Recap
playoverwatch.com

Overwatch 2 Reveal Event Recap

Overwatch 2 is releasing on October 4 as a free-to-play live experience, and we'd like to explain exactly what that means for our game.
6UIFOXM936EP1655324952011.png

Last edited:

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Was the aussie character during the Xbox event Junker queen? I'm so far behind on ow.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Lots of thigs need to change so i go back.

First of all, rever D.VA to be a defensive tank, eliminate her rockets and give her back her full defense matrix. Giving her rockets qwas an indication that they feel the users only are capable of going DPS like in counter strike. Other things can change, but imperative is to give tanks more defensive roles.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll say something about the PvE, considering that was the entire point of OW2 existing to begin with...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Someone @ me when they talk about
I played on PS4 for most of it but kinda wanna move over to Xbox if they add it.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll say something about the PvE, considering that was the entire point of OW2 existing to begin with...
I think that's a safe bet. I'm expecting this to cover everything, including PvP. It would be really shocking to me if they don't just lay out what they've been working on this whole time.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I really hope that this won't disappoint! OW community deserves better after more than 2 years of nothing.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Someone @ me when they talk about
I played on PS4 for most of it but kinda wanna move over to Xbox if they add it.
I really hope we get cross-progression. I jump around platforms and having my skins come with me would be nice.

They've already confirmed cross progression its just how it'll be implemented and how to do it is the question.

Featuring a new five-versus-five multiplayer format with cross-platform play and cross-platform progression, Overwatch 2's PvP experience is designed to offer incredible and fresh competitive gameplay with a new, free-to-play model and major game updates such as new heroes, hero reworks, maps, modes, and premium cosmetics.
investor.activision.com

Activision Blizzard | Overwatch® 2 Launches October 4, with Junker Queen Joining the Fray

The Investor Relations website contains information about Activision Blizzard's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not talking about PvE in your roadmap would be a huge blunder.

So I'm full expecting them not to talk about it

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

First of all, rever D.VA to be a defensive tank, eliminate her rockets and give her back her full defense matrix. Giving her rockets qwas an indication that they feel the users only are capable of going DPS like in counter strike. Other things can change, but imperative is to give tanks more defensive roles.
I believe Dva already has full matrix again, and also kept the rockets

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

As a D.Va main, I don't like your post.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
God the Overwatch music is so good. Its too bad you don't really hear it in game much or hear the same 20 sec or so. or ive become numb to it in game since ive played it so much.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017

No way, she's a lot more fun this way. Not every tank needs to be extra defensive. The old DM was too long and shut down entire team fights and felt oppressive. Not to mention there was no mechanical skill involved, just hold a button down. Current DM is still strong and is great at protecting your backline against flankers, so you should still be playing somewhat defensive to keep your healers alive.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

D.VA was never just a defensive tank. Even when defense matrix was dumb long, if you weren't using it to peel and dive for your team, you weren't using it effectively. She's really fun now, and more fun in OW2.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
The way they're describing how OW2 will work... isn't that how OW was until they just decided to stop updating it to make this pointless 'sequel'?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
next hero will be support after junker queen. to be announced in the coming months and out oct 4

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This release cadence is ambitious. Also Mythic skin....that's gonna cost $$. Hopefully they don't act like Riot with prices.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
a new hero and map at least during each season? thats not bad. it'll be interesting when it comes to balancing the game.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
I just want to pay full price and have the ability to unlock everything. Screw a battlepass.