• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018

Overwatch will be celebrating its 2-year anniversary from May 22 through June 11, and during that time you'll be able to pick up a slew of new goodies, including 50 new cosmetic items, 8 Legendary skins, and 3 epic skins. There's also a ton of funky fresh new dance emotes for Doomfist, Moira, and Brigitte on offer. If none of that piques your interest, you'll also be able to play on the new Deathmatch map Petra.

In addition to the new map and all the cosmetic fun, last year's Anniversary event is coming back with all the seasonal cosmetics from last time around, including dance emotes, seasonal brawls for the Arcade with daily rotations and more, including what was playable in the Overwatch: Archives. The new Deathmatch map Petra will also include a brand-new Competitive Mode with placement matches, skill rating tiers, and leaderboards.

Blizzard is feeling pretty generous this time around, as every player who logs in to try the Anniversary event's festivities out will get one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which guarantees one Legendary item. Any players who grab the 50 Loot Box Bundle will get one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box as well, all of which can include any Seasonal event loot included from the game's history.

If all that weren't enough, there's a new version of Overwatch releasing digitally on May 22. The Legendary Edition will come with Legendary, Epic, and Origin skins — 15 total — with your purchase. Pricing information has yet to be announced just yet. If you want to get into Overwatch withot spending a time this month, however, you can jump in to try the Anniversary event out from May 25 through May 28 for a Free Weekend on all platforms. If you're playing on PlayStation 4, you won't even need a PlayStation Plus this time around.

http://twinfinite.net/2018/05/overw...month-with-new-content-and-legendary-edition/
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21779230

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the new dance emotes for the new characters.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Junkrat when I played, such fun movement. Is he considered good now? I haven't played or followed the game in a longtime. Anyways sounds cool, my little brother has been wanting to try OW so I sent him this info, thanks OP.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wait, so all of the seasonal skins will be available for this event? I thought it was just the anniversary skins last year?

I'm not complaining if that's the case. I neeeeeed Blackwatch Moira.

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Wait, so all of the seasonal skins will be available for this event? I thought it was just the anniversary skins last year?

I'm not complaining if that's the case. I neeeeeed Blackwatch Moira.

Yeah i guess. And i just bought 3 skins, 3K coins each for the Uprising event... RIP.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So like its cool they are putting in what seems like every skin for the event, but it is kinda gonna make the odds of getting the new skins incredibly low. Also the free gold box with a large purchase of loot boxes is bullshit and fuck off with that.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Surely they're not gonna have this year's Retribution skins, considering it only finished 2 weeks ago?

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Don't mind old skins coming back, but I hope most recent Blackwatch skins aren't priced at 1000 gold this soon.
Bought Moira's 3k at last day.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never continued playing a game so long after release, incredible support.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope them bringing all events back together means they'll focus on new events for the third year. Would hate to only have Lucioball, Junkenstein on 1/3rd of the map, Mei's winterthingy etc. with only novel updates. Outside of Overwatch Archives, all were way too samey the second time around.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Loot boxes are also gonna be a nightmare, lol. People were complaining on not getting the new skins in regular events, now we have EVERY SKIN (except for Origins) in this thing. Going for certain skins is gonna be a nightmare.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to have that preorder widow skin, but I'll settle for summer soldier and winter junkrat.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Errr, I was hoping for an early start to the Summer event or some sort of combo event of the two.

Besides green ranger, Anni skins are so bland. Hope they're better this year.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
No discount? I already bought at launch on PS4 but will try the free weekend on my X to see the visual improvements, will double dip if it get discounted and the population is healthy on XBL.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
That's....a lot of content for loot boxes. With that much content, SURELY I've got to get more than blue and whites this time, right?

/s

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this event is amazing.

Letting people get all of the old cosmetic stuff without waiting for the event to roll around is an awesome idea.

Edit: 8 legendaries and 3 epic skins? I swear those were going to be gone for good. Nice.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loot boxes are also gonna be a nightmare, lol. People were complaining on not getting the new skins in regular events, now we have EVERY SKIN (except for Origins) in this thing. Going for certain skins is gonna be a nightmare.
I only skimmed since I'm at work, but it seems like only some types of loot boxes will have every skin? The rest will be the normal Anniversary loot pool. Still tough to nail down one specific skin from a different event, but hey, it's better than waiting.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I only skimmed since I'm at work, but it seems like only some types of loot boxes will have every skin? The rest will be the normal Anniversary loot pool. Still tough to nail down one specific skin from a different event, but hey, it's better than waiting.
Pretty sure it's only 1 box.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really, really hope they do a double XP week like they did in the final week of last year's anniversary event. I went up so many levels and got all the dance emotes I wanted during that time.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
I really, really hope they do a double XP week like they did in the final week of last year's anniversary event. I went up so many levels and got all the dance emotes I wanted during that time.

the double xp event was a tacit apology for the negative feelings people had about the anniversary event -- the anniversary event wasn't all that well received by many people as it was viewed as a cashgrab by blizzard and not really a celebration of the game. there wasn't any extra gameplay or new mode or anything.

this was especially true because back then, the current dupe protection we have today was not in the game. some people complained about getting multiple copies of the same anniversary skin (3000) or emote (750) even though there were a whopping 11 legendary skins and 24 emotes in the event.

i think it was something like over 55,000 credits worth of items, which was far more than any other event in the game. blizzard was essentially saying, "it's the 1-year anniversary of the game, now give us money."

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, wasn't able to buy my usual 50 boxes during the last event. Will make sure to get those skins when this event starts.