• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
Today's update introduces a powerful tool to help the community regulate negative behavior amongst its ranks — Overwatch.

THE BASICS
———
Much like in CS:GO, Overwatch for Dota 2 provides a system that allows good-standing members of the community to verify the validity of reports flagging disruptive actions within games.

If a player chooses to review a case, they'll watch a replay with pre-marked sections indicating possible negative behavior by a specific player. After reviewing the replay, they can choose: guilty, not guilty, or insufficient evidence for either.

Eligible players will occasionally be notified below their profile pictures that they have the option to review a case. Reviewers will earn an accuracy score for their efforts, and those who falsely convict will receive a lower score, eventually losing the ability to participate in Overwatch at all. To gather a pool of reliable reviewers, we'll be enabling a growing number of accounts for participation over the next week or so.

blog.dota2.com

Overwatch Arrives in Dota

Today’s update introduces a powerful tool to help the community regulate negative behavior amongst its ranks — Overwatch. THE BASICS ——— Much like in CS:GO, Overwatch for Dota 2 provides a system that allows good-standing members of the community to verify the validity of reports flagging...

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
tenor.gif

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really interested to see how they incorporate turn-based tactics mechanics into a real-time moba game!

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, damn you OP.

I think League uses a system like this. I wonder if it's any good.

Haven't played MOBA's in a long while so I've been curious to know if their toxicities have gotten better.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I read the thread title too fast and thought it was Overwatch 2 news. Damn it OP.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
honestly CSGO has had overwatch for a while so I'm surprised people got confused by the title.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017

half-life.fandom.com

Overwatch

The Combine Overwatch is the military force of the Combine. The soldiers of the Overwatch have extensive cybernetic modifications, and implantation of various mechanical devices in their whole bodies as well as undergoing mental reprogramming to condition them into obedient and efficient...

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
You learn something new every day. Didn't know the name of CSGO's review platform, thanks for explaining it.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Damn, y'all really wanted to be Tracer huh

Kind of excited about this? I hate all the dickheads in this game and would gladly waste an hour or so a week rooting them out. Hope I'm a 'good-standing member of the community' so I can give it a whirl.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Thread title has been updated to help clarify that this refers to the community moderation toolset and not the game with the same name.