• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
via: Reddit

This is really cool to see how a game like Overwatch came together over the course of its development, and how janky everything starts out.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Overwatch didn't hold my attention for very long ( I was really bad ) but it's always cool to see some behind the scenes videos. Stuff like this really makes you realize just how much goes into a video game. Even small stuff like they just mentioned about 2 minutes in or so about how much the camera bobs when going up and down stairs.

trimin

Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool. It's reassuring to see prototype assets even in games as big as Overwatch.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Wow early Torb had a claw trap. Also funny that Mercy's ult way back then was split beam on healing.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just watched the first five minutes and it was rad to see the early prototypes and greyboxes slowly evolve into something resembling the final game

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow wish I caught that panel. I really like seeing how the maps stayed similar on some parts and drastically changed on others.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is really cool to watch.

At the part where he talks about stairs though. It's kind of embarrassing how backwards we're going, and how many devs have recently completely fucked stairs up. PUBG is one thing, because the devs didn't even make the stairs, and they don't seem to put much effort into fixing things like that, but I was surprised Assassin's Creed: Origins' stairs suck so much.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool to watch. Seeing the early placeholder Sym turrets as mini Torb turrets is great.

Masaru

Oct 28, 2017
That Reaper beyblade animation was hilarious. Hanzo caterpillar ult takes the cake though.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing it come together piece by piece is really fucking cool. The process of inception, realization, and refinement is just fascinating. Thanks for posting this, Avalon.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Amazing, demonstrates the huge amount of work which made Overwatch the most polished game around.