• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Brother! I'm so sorry... Leave Brig alone!

thisisbullshit81kwg.gif

P.S. Fuck Junkrat

Honestly I get more enjoyment at laughing about her constant nerfs with you than playing the game these days. Between her constant trash legendary skins and the nerfs, what's the point?

That said, I'll be firing up the PTR To see if I can find at least one silver lining.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
But I wasnt complaining about the patch overall I was only commenting on role locking 2-2-2. What problems is role locking to 2-2-2 going to fix?
2800 Mercy mains picking Rein to fill when they're a 2200 Rein player, throwing off the entire balance of the match?

less arguing in team selection phase?

zero instances of not having a tank or healer?

potentially better balancing since they no longer have to worry about things like a three healer team being oppressively powerful?

Nov 14, 2017
But I wasnt complaining about the patch overall I was only commenting on role locking 2-2-2. What problems is role locking to 2-2-2 going to fix?

GOATS.
4 stacks instalocking all DPS
Reinhardt randomly deciding he's going to switch to Widowmaker because you're rolling and this match is EZ omegalul

Overwatch is incredibly toxic because of all those issues and more. Having the game soft match you based on your best roles (which I think it mostly tries to do?) isn't working. The number of times I've been in a losing game because a player who has a 66% win rate on off tanks decides to play DPS when we really need an off tank (replace that for healer / main tank / whatever) is insane. It's one of the most frustrating things about trying to play competitive Overwatch.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I mean thats sort of my point. 2-2-2 isnt really going to fix any underlying problems with the game outside of preventing comps like goats. Because the balance of OW prior to this was pretty great for all but the pro level of play (and top 500 although its not as extreme as the pro meta is). I do think that there is more leeway to give players like that with more than those 8-12 heroes tho, because you could switch to comps that aren't 2-2-2 to compensate for their inability to play their role (like adding a third). Now youre just stuck having teammates that arent pulling their weight on their role and no ability to do anything about it. You basically now know if youve lost a game or not within the first few minutes of the game, because no real switches are allowed anymore. I dont think thats a positive change.

I mean, to be fair, that's how it already was with people insta-locking widow and then never being able to land a hit. 2-2-2 doesn't mean we won't still get that, we will.

There is no fix to what you're describing. If someone isn't pulling their weight, the solution is to carry them. That is how every team game works. Being restricted to a role doesn't change that.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2800 Mercy mains picking Rein to fill when they're a 2200 Rein player, throwing off the entire balance of the match?
And as such you would have the ability to have them switch to Mercy if they couldn't play this role (or have someone else switch to Rein off another positions). Now you have no such ability to change this if a 2800 Mercy main that can't play rein role ques in the tank category and is forced to play an entire match as a character they cant play with no ability to switch off tank. I dont see how this is better

ess arguing in team selection phase?
This will mitigate the arguing pre lobby a bit (although not entirely as you'll still need to decide if you want to run brawl or dive comps, etc), but will just more quickly lead to people being upset someone role qued for a role theyre not cut out to play. Not sure this is better

zero instances of not having a tank or healer?
This is incredibly rare even in games where most of the team is throwing, to not have at least one tank or one healer. So far I think however this is the best argument, but again its not a common occurence

potentially better balancing since they no longer have to worry about things like a three healer team being oppressively powerful?
Probably another good argument, but taking away choices and freedoms from players because youre not able to balance properly likely isnt a super compelling argument for a lot of gamers.

In the end I think your last two points are entirely fair but are those enough to outweigh the previous two points which I dont at all think will be fixed with role que-in fact I think both of those issues will become significantly worse for players moving forward but we'll have to see how it plays out.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GOATS.
4 stacks instalocking all DPS
Reinhardt randomly deciding he's going to switch to Widowmaker because you're rolling and this match is EZ omegalul

Overwatch is incredibly toxic because of all those issues and more. Having the game soft match you based on your best roles (which I think it mostly tries to do?) isn't working. The number of times I've been in a losing game because a player who has a 66% win rate on off tanks decides to play DPS when we really need an off tank (replace that for healer / main tank / whatever) is insane. It's one of the most frustrating things about trying to play competitive Overwatch.
This is solved with the ability to block more than three people, not funnel you in to a predetermined role que that doesnt account for map or objective.
I mean, to be fair, that's how it already was with people insta-locking widow and then never being able to land a hit. 2-2-2 doesn't mean we won't still get that, we will.

There is no fix to what you're describing. If someone isn't pulling their weight, the solution is to carry them. That is how every team game works. Being restricted to a role doesn't change that.
Right were in agreement. Someone not switching roles they cant play was a problem. But you did have more flexibility to play around them before then you do now. And there is a better solution to that problem being so pervasive and thats giving you more people to block in comp. Because teammates either need to be good at the hero theyre playing OR be a team player and be flexible, and if they were neither at least the team could be flexible. Now thats significantly undermined, because in a team game like OW, picking the right comps to carry people was incredibly important ad thats significantly diminished now. In one case you had options to work with them. In this new case, youre plain old stuck with this composition.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
And less survivability (also Ana having better damage is questionable since when you are attacking you are not healing your team). Better at some things, worse at others, etc.

Brig is a support now, not a tank.
Ana has the most impressive kit out of all the healers, you can't really compare them at all.

Also Brigitte was never a tank. But with today's changes they competely destroyed what Brigitte is designed and supposed to be. They basically admitted that their own design is flawed and that it's a mistake.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I might actually start playing again. I always felt the game would be better with even role matching. Granted I never played at a high level

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
One side effect of separating quick play into unranked comp and old QP is that QP classic is going to now be 100% widow hanzo instead of the 60% that it was when it was the primary game mode.

Nov 14, 2017
This is solved with the ability to block more than three people, not funnel you in to a predetermined role que that doesnt account for map or objective.
It would take more memory than I have in both my PC and playstation combined to block all the terrible Overwatch players who pick the most aggressively anti-social comps while playing competitive. At least with this solution we will all be consistently matched with players who are at the correct SR for their role, which fixes the problem before I have to load in and play with them.

When I'm matched with them, the harm is done.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Also Brigitte was never a tank. But with today's changes they competely destroyed what Brigitte is designed and supposed to be. They basically admitted that their own design is a mistake.

I absolutely see Brig getting her shield back before this is all over. a 400 reduction to a shield makes no sense. I know they want her to stick with tanks as they rush but there's much better utility for that sort of thing in the game.

One side effect of separating quick play into unranked comp and old QP is that QP classic is going to now be 100% widow hanzo instead of the 60% that it was when it was the primary game mode.

To be fair, when I wasn't playing in groups, it was still almost always that.

Pubbies in QP are the worst.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They need to up Brig's damage if we're stuck with a paper mache shield. Reverting her shield bash damage is the least they could do.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Ana has the most impressive kit out of all the healers, you can't really compare them at all.

Also Brigitte was never a tank. But with today's changes they competely destroyed what Brigitte is designed and supposed to be. They basically admitted that their own design is a mistake.

I said Ana because of the poor mobility, since her and Zen are the worst regarding that. Like I said, some characters are better at some things and worse at others. You can't ask for better mobility for Brig when she has more hp and 200hp shield on top of that compared to other supports.

She was a healer/tank hybrid, her healing output was very poor for a support role like Jeff mentioned in the past when talking about the 2-2-2 lock and how she would have to be reworked in that aspect.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Right were in agreement. Someone not switching roles they cant play was a problem. But you did have more flexibility to play around them before then you do now. And there is a better solution to that problem being so pervasive and thats giving you more people to block in comp. Because teammates either need to be good at the hero theyre playing OR be a team player and be flexible, and if they were neither at least the team could be flexible. Now thats significantly undermined, because in a team game like OW, picking the right comps to carry people was incredibly important ad thats significantly diminished now. In one case you had options to work with them. In this new case, youre plain old stuck with this composition.
As someone who usually fills, I do agree, this is really gonna hurt flexibility. All I can hope is that people are willing to learn the roles rather than a SINGLE character like we most of the time in order to keep things from going haywire early on. Maybe that means people just become one of the 3 roles exclusively, maybe not, but at least on the lower end of the MMR, it might make things shake out in such a way where entire games aren't sabotaged by the person who only wants to play widow. It might not, bad players are bad players. But this might make people learn how to be more flexible within their chosen role instead of doing something that doesn't work for 2:30 and then switch to a last minute dive to eek something out.

Maybe, we'll see. I'm not ready to write this off yet, but I do agree, the lack of flexibility is gonna be tough and you just have to hope that the people who are in that role queue are doing so because they want to be there.

They need to up Brig's damage if we're stuck with a paper mache shield. Reverting her shield bash damage is the least they could do.
I bet this happens too. If you're going to take away her surviviblity, give her the combo back.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I said Ana because of the poor mobility, since her and Zen are the worst regarding that. Like I said, some characters are better at some things and worse at others. You can't ask for better mobility for Brig when she has more hp and 200hp shield on top of that compared to other supports.

She was a healer/tank hybrid, her healing output was very poor for a support role like Jeff mentioned in the past when talking about the 2-2-2 lock and how she would have to be reworked in that aspect.
I didn't ask for better mobility. I just said that she lacks mobility i never asked for it. Because she lacks mobility and has the lowest DPS out of all the healers (it might be Moira i am not sure tbh.) she needs something to be able to survive and stay alive during that match. And that's definitely not a 200 health shield and crappy self-heal.

Deleted member 34611

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This was needed well before GOATs simply to eliminate those games were you have 4 support mains or 4 tank mains on your team in a match. It's bad enough that you have leavers, throwers, etc. Then you get a group of people that want to win but half the team is a mercy main and you have no chance of winning.

The only negative I can see is some flexibility loss, but honestly I feel like most of the time people switch off role is because they are getting stomped at the role they are in and not playing their main role, or the team was missing a tank or healer already.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't ask for better mobility. I just said that she lacks mobility i never asked for it. Because she lacks mobility and has the lowest DPS out of all the healers (it might be Moira i am not sure tbh.) she needs something to be able to survive and stay alive during that match. And that's definitely not a 200 health shield.
Speaking of Moira... she's actually going to be so good now. There's a new metric ton of decision making one has to do when using Fade, and there now has to be counterplay to deal with that as well. For example, you can save Fade/Coal when you know the Rein is going to shatter, let yourself get shattered, then fade away and ult to save your team.

Don't get me wrong, Moira will still be good as an introductory healer. But now she has actual CC-counter utility.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This already happens and I am pretty darn certain it will happen less in role lock.

Disagree. A lot of games that aren't going well eventually my whole team ends up switching roles around and we suddenly stomp the enemy team. Now there is no way for any drastic changes to save a game. You are stuck with the tank that doesn't tank and the dps players that don't hit anything.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean thats sort of my point. 2-2-2 isnt really going to fix any underlying problems with the game outside of preventing comps like goats. Because the balance of OW prior to this was pretty great for all but the pro level of play (and top 500 although its not as extreme as the pro meta is). I do think that there is more leeway to give players like that with more than those 8-12 heroes tho, because you could switch to comps that aren't 2-2-2 to compensate for their inability to play their role (like adding a third). Now youre just stuck having teammates that arent pulling their weight on their role and no ability to do anything about it. You basically now know if youve lost a game or not within the first few minutes of the game, because no real switches are allowed anymore. I dont think thats a positive change.

I mean, I'll take that over knowing you've lost a game at hero selection when 5 DPS mains instalock and shit up the comp.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't ask for better mobility. I just said that she lacks mobility i never asked for it. Because she lacks mobility and has the lowest DPS out of all the healers (it might be Moira i am not sure tbh.) she needs something to be able to survive and stay alive during that match. And that's definitely not a 200 health shield and crappy self-heal.

We'll see. Brig survivability as it is was insane so it makes sense to nerf that, if it's too harsh they'll keep iterating on it until they think she's in a good spot.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Disagree. A lot of games that aren't going well eventually my whole team ends up switching roles around and we suddenly stomp the enemy team. Now there is no way for any drastic changes to save a game. You are stuck with the tank that doesn't tank and the dps players that don't hit anything.
Situations like these are just rare enough to be memorable

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Quick play as well? Cool, guess I'm done with Overwatch for good then. Just completely destroy counter picking, on the fly strategy changes, flexing and creative team compositions all in one fell swoop to try and paper over the glaring balance problems caused by Brigitte. I can't even count the number of matches I've won because a tank and support player have traded roles mid-match, or we've ignored 2-2-2 for some strange comp that specifically targets the enemy team's weaknesses. And as someone who can play a very mean Mei and Symmetra, but sucks at all other DPS and rightfully knows they are very situational heroes, I'd never be able to play them again.

Like sure, if people want this for competitive and the OWL go right ahead, but forcing this shit on QP is ridiculous. We all know that arcade isn't a solution for dumping the old QP in, that doesn't have enough traffic to offer good enough matchmaking and QP still remains useless for those that want a "semi serious but not toxic competitive" match. Why they've never added a "Competitive Practice" mode for semi-serious gameplay I will never comprehend. It just feels like all they've done the last year or two is steadily erode what Overwatch was originally designed to be, and what we all initially loved.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Quick Summary
Patch Notes
Jeff Kaplan Interview
News Post
Developer Update

- 2-2-2 Roll Queue coming to Competitive and Quick Play
- Arcade getting a Quick Play Classic 1 hero limit
- You can queue up for the 3 roles separately, all 3 together, or a mix like DPS and Tank

- Patch live roll out details
Role Queue is currently available on the public test region on PC, and will be coming to live servers starting with a Role Queue Beta Season in Patch 1.39. In an effort to give time for additional testing and feedback, we'll be running the two-week Role Queue Beta Season from August 13 to September 1. Players can earn Competitive Points similar to other competitive mini seasons and qualify for Top 500 Leaderboards during the beta season. However, beta season stats will only be available for a limited time and will not count toward a player's permanent Competitive Season stats. (Note: Competitive Season 17 will be shortened by approximately two weeks in order to accommodate the Role Queue Beta Season.)

Role Queue will be fully available for Quick Play and Competitive Play beginning on September 1 for the start of Competitive Season 18.

- SR decay has been removed
- 4 top 500 leaderboards coming, one for each rank and a combined average
- There will be rewards for selecting certain roles which will rotate
- There will be no MMR reset, the game has been tracking MMR on each role for months now

- Zenyatta Lore coming Blizzard soon™

-New Hero leaked, Sigma expected by the end of the summer

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Speaking of Moira... she's actually going to be so good now. There's a new metric ton of decision making one has to do when using Fade, and there now has to be counterplay to deal with that as well. For example, you can save Fade/Coal when you know the Rein is going to shatter, let yourself get shattered, then fade away and ult to save your team.

Don't get me wrong, Moira will still be good as an introductory healer. But now she has actual CC-counter utility.
I know I'm going to love that change most when fading out of a flashbang.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
And as such you would have the ability to have them switch to Mercy if they couldn't play this role (or have someone else switch to Rein off another positions). Now you have no such ability to change this if a 2800 Mercy main that can't play rein role ques in the tank category and is forced to play an entire match as a character they cant play with no ability to switch off tank. I dont see how this is better
but now you have separate SRs for each role so if you're at 2800 tank, so are all of your teammates at whatever roles they're playing

you will not have a 2800 Mercy trying to play Rein cuz if they queue for tank, they'll be queuing at 2200 with other 2200s

Oct 25, 2017
Quick play as well? Cool, guess I'm done with Overwatch for good then. Just completely destroy counter picking, on the fly strategy changes, flexing and creative team compositions all in one fell swoop to try and paper over the glaring balance problems caused by Brigitte. I can't even count the number of matches I've won because a tank and support player have traded roles mid-match, or we've ignored 2-2-2 for some strange comp that specifically targets the enemy team's weaknesses. And as someone who can play a very mean Mei and Symmetra, but sucks at all other DPS and rightfully knows they are very situational heroes, I'd never be able to play them again.

Like sure, if people want this for competitive and the OWL go right ahead, but forcing this shit on QP is ridiculous. We all know that arcade isn't a solution for dumping the old QP in, that doesn't have enough traffic to offer good enough matchmaking and QP still remains useless for those that want a "semi serious but not toxic competitive" match. Why they've never added a "Competitive Practice" mode for semi-serious gameplay I will never comprehend. It just feels like all they've done the last year or two is steadily erode what Overwatch was originally designed to be, and what we all initially loved.

Well it will be a lot closer to that now. Biggest problem with QP has always been that people don't pick anything close to a reasonable comp.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
They also increased Brigitte's Ultimate cost. With global increase that's 22%. Can someone explain why? 12% wasn't enough? It's one of the worst Ultimates now. Why can Baptiste charge his Ultimate in 30 seconds?

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
I feel this is pretty rough - I honestly choose a variety of characters based on the map or offense / defense - if it's Volskya Defense, I'll go Tank, Volskya Offense I'll go Junkrat.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
They make up a pretty good % of my games. Comps that don't work at all and players go switching through roles or quick switches to a different role to push the payload to the next point etc.
Between
- Players refusing to switch
- "Flex" players vastly overestimating their ability
- Not attempting in-role switches because "you suck at DPS, switch me"
- Attempting role swaps and still losing
- Off-role players switching back to their mains once called out

Pretty sure there's a healthy amount of confirmation bias/supporting evidence for role lock anyway.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
but now you have separate SRs for each role so if you're at 2800 tank, so are all of your teammates at whatever roles they're playing

you will not have a 2800 Mercy trying to play Rein cuz if they queue for tank, they'll be queuing at 2200 with other 2200s

Who cares about what sr they have on each role. If them playing supp in that game isn't working you are now fucked where before you had the possibility to try and salvage a lost game.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
They also increased Brigitte's Ultimate cost. With global increase that's 22%. Can someone explain why? 12% wasn't enough? It's one of the worst Ultimates now. Why can Baptiste charge his Ultimate in 30 seconds?
Brig's healing output has increased considerably. I don't know the math but I'm sure they've compensated it accordingly.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
They're talking about healing numbers with repair pack but what about armor? Does it still give armor overheal? Is it now 60 armor to be half of the new healing value of 120? Or will it still cap out at 75 armor? I'm on console so I have no PTR access.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of heroes will need a rebalance since many changes were made when 2-2-2 wasn't a thing. So many nerfs were made just to shut down GOATS and knowing the overwatch team they didn't take into account for this change even with them planning for it, lmao.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
blizzard can't make people good at the game lol

No but they could not limit your options of playing the game and trying to turn a match around.

Going from the freedom you had in Overwatch to this is shit.

When League got its roles it added to the game as it could lead to creative support picks like support MF that a few years ago suddenly became a thing at Worlds. A role didn't automatically lock you into a small champion pool, you could get creative and make a champ work within that role.

Worst part with their Brig changes they want the game super rigid on top of that. No making a sorta triple tank work within the 2-2-2 with Brig a hybrid tank/sup as they are nerfing her tank aspect hard by replacing her shield with papier-mache shield that gets shredded pretty much instantly

Last edited:

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Well it will be a lot closer to that now. Biggest problem with QP has always been that people don't pick anything close to a reasonable comp.
It's still the entry point for people that only want to play Hanzo/Widow, or try out a character they've never used before. Role MMR isn't going to help at all if you've got a low masters Soldier main trying to Hanzo, or a boosted diamond Mercy main that plays Ana like they're in bronze. Heck, 2-2-2 ain't gonna stop you getting a team of Widow, Symmetra, Hog, Winston, Lucio and Moira on Hanamura defence that are all technically diamond in their roles but play those particular heroes like they got the game yesterday.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018

I had this same concern, but I feel the different SRs for different roles help mitigate this. If they're switching to Tank queue they're also switching to an entirely different SR rank. So this 2800 Mercy main might be a 2100 Rein player, in which case if they're tank queueing they're going to a 2100 queue with their not-so-great Rein play which will be closer to a balanced match with everyone else being the same rank.

This is incredibly rare even in games where most of the team is throwing, to not have at least one tank or one healer. So far I think however this is the best argument, but again its not a common occurence

I think that was hyperbole, but this will certainly help with all the painful solo-heal and solo-tank matches.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Heck, 2-2-2 ain't gonna stop you getting a team of Widow, Symmetra, Hog, Winston, Lucio and Moira on Hanamura defence that are all technically diamond in their roles but play those particular heroes like they got the game yesterday.

If that's the worst case scenario for 2-2-2, it's a major step above what we currently have.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Heck, 2-2-2 ain't gonna stop you getting a team of Widow, Symmetra, Hog, Winston, Lucio and Moira on Hanamura defence that are all technically diamond in their roles but play those particular heroes like they got the game yesterday.

I'd prefer that over the Hanzo, Widow, Ashe, Torbjörn, Junkrat teams with me having to pick whether I wanna solo tank, solo heal or just fuck it and play Mei or something myself.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I bet this happens too. If you're going to take away her survivability, give her the combo back.

Holy shit. Just delete her already. They're gutting her even further.

When Brig came out, I mainly swap to her to protect the main healer from the half-a-dozen flankers that will melt the back-line. I dropped Brig around the time when GOATS became the standard, along with the slew of nerfs she received. I didn't like how she heavily deviated from the original purpose of her being a fusion of an off-support/tank that provides protection similar to a barrier tank. Hell, I mainly swap to Brig (either from Lucio or Zenyatta) when our Ana couldn't function when the enemy Tracer sneezed at her. I couldn't always successfully peel as Lucio, and as a Main Tank player, Brig sounded like my jam.

It also didn't help that I suffered from burnout playing as her when GOATS was being enforced by players, ESPECIALLY from players that didn't KNOW how what the composition was. :/

Oct 25, 2017
It's still the entry point for people that only want to play Hanzo/Widow, or try out a character they've never used before. Role MMR isn't going to help at all if you've got a low masters Soldier main trying to Hanzo, or a boosted diamond Mercy main that plays Ana like they're in bronze. Heck, 2-2-2 ain't gonna stop you getting a team of Widow, Symmetra, Hog, Winston, Lucio and Moira on Hanamura defence that are all technically diamond in their roles but play those particular heroes like they got the game yesterday.

I wouldn't mind someone autolocking Hanzo if we had a healer and a tank. QP will often be 4-5 DPS characters as it is now.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017

Holy cow we should be friends. I 110% agree with literally this entire post - right down to playing an excellent Mei and Sym but recognizing they're situational heroes that won't have much a place at all in a 222 lock.

Oct 25, 2017
I was on the fence about this but after getting back into the game im 100% for this and can't wait for it to come. I understand the flexability arguement. But for people who solo queue/ players in platnium and below(aka 90% of the playerbase)this is completely moot. Whenever you see an unconventional comp it isn't for strategy purposes, it's just idiots dps locking their favs. There's nothing worse than joining a game and having an absolite garbage comp and then being forced to play it despite knowing you'll lose. The pros outweight the cons for me.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
I didn't like this when I first heard about it, and I'm still uncertain now.

I flex between healers and tanks, but I also like playing characters such as Mei and Sym. This means they are irrelevant to me now becuase if I queue to play the Assault role I'm expected to use that pick to play an actual DPS character. And of course I can't switch off a healer/tank mid-game to hold a point etc

For reference I play Wood tier console ranked so I was largely unaffected by GOATS but this just seems like it will heavily favour Bunker/Suck 'n Hook comps.