• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
My disappointment is immeasurable and my enthusiasm for today's matches is ruined .-.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
yeah if OWL comes and they are still playing goats, I'm out.

aoe healing is just broken period. One character with aoe heal was enough, this just can't stay like this. The nerfs were completely in the wrong direction.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Some Redditor really put it succinctly. If they're gonna meme, why the fuck are you playing GOATS. París is trying to at least have fun with it. Fuck the NYXL

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather watch Trials matches that matter than these showmatches 5 days before OWL starts. Kind of sucks we have to wait until Tuesday to see the replay.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
KyKy's argument about it being a net loss just rubs me the wrong way.
But he's right? You can't give away anything. Even something as simple as what heroes they are playing is super valuable. There's a reason all pros have their profiles hidden on ladder, so other teams can't see what they're practicing.

Why would you show anything of value FIVE days before the season starts?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
But he's right? You can't give away anything. Even something as simple as what heroes they are playing is super valuable. There's a reason all pros have their profiles hidden on ladder, so other teams can't see what they're practicing.

Why would you show anything of value FIVE days before the season starts?

Like I said, if their position is so precarious that other teams can gleem critical flaws from a half-serious game instead of the months/years of play before then, they're fucked week 2 of OWL anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks. Going to catch some of the Atlanta game to see Dafran and then I'm out. This is not entertaining at all. I'll wait for the real deal.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, if their position is so precarious that other teams can gleem critical flaws from a half-serious game instead of the months/years of play before then, they're fucked week 2 of OWL anyway.
I guess every team sucks then with that logic

Even if you're the best team, why would you be stupid enough to give away anything in something that literally doesn't matter?

Might as well just go on Reddit and make a post explaining all of your strategies

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't even hold a community countdown at all if all teams aren't gonna take matches seriously (and rightfully so).

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we got to see Dafran style on Torb. I'm glad I turned back in for that... Then I'm out again

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I guess every team sucks then with that logic

Even if you're the best team, why would you be stupid enough to give away anything in something that literally doesn't matter?

Might as well just go on Reddit and make a post explaining all of your strategies

I'm not asking for some detailed breakdown of the teams or surprise strats like LAG's Widow fakeout on King's Row. I was hoping this would be something worthwhile to watch instead of musical chairs goats with the players.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Sorry to interrupt! But I was wondering if you guys were cool with each team having like a fan description about why that team is awesome. Sort of like what Jam did for the champs lol. But not that long. Like a paragraph or something. I'm sure every team has a fan here in ResetEra. So maybe one person can make a description for that team and I'll put it in the OP.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to interrupt! But I was wondering if you guys were cool with each team having like a fan description about why that team is awesome. Sort of like what Jam did for the champs lol. But not that long. Like a paragraph or something. I'm sure every team has a fan here in ResetEra. So maybe one person can make a description for that team and I'll put it in the OP.
Not Washington, Guangzhou or Chengdu lol

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I know I haven't really posted in these threads much since Season 1 ended but this sounds neat. In for the new thread for new season.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017

Dallas Fuel:

This team consisting of a group of players that became household names in Overwatch since beta is the most popular team in the League. This is not only because of famed streamers like xQc, Seagull and Jayne being a part of, or are still part of the organization, but the core of this team comes from the most popular and dominant Western team pre-OWL, Envyus. Envyus holds the honor of being the only Western team to win a tournament in Korea in any e-sport game ever, and have shaped the meta of Overwatch over the years due to excellent and coordinated team play. However, despite coming into the first Season with so much hype, they faltered badly due to lack of a deep coaching staff, and disruption in player ability to play on stage. Problems compounded so hard that they finished bottom 3 in the League.

With many edgy personalities, different nationalities, and washed up players, it's a wonder how this team can ever succeed #burnblue

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Not Washington, Guangzhou or Chengdu lol
Uh oh lol. Maybe I'll just copy the team description from their Twitter page then haha. At least until we have someone here who is a fan.
I know I haven't really posted in these threads much since Season 1 ended but this sounds neat. In for the new thread for new season.
Yep this will be for the new thread solely about 2019! Working on it right now!
Dallas Fuel:

This team consisting of a group of players that became household names in Overwatch since beta is the most popular team in the League. This is not only because of famed streamers like xQc, Seagull and Jayne being a part of, or are still part of the organization, but the core of this team comes from the most popular and dominant Western team pre-OWL, Envyus. Envyus holds the honor of being the only Western team to win a tournament in Korea in any e-sport game ever, and have shaped the meta of Overwatch over the years due to excellent and coordinated team play. However, despite coming into the first Season with so much hype, they faltered badly due to lack of a deep coaching staff, and disruption in player ability to play on stage. Problems compounded so hard that they finished bottom 3 in the League.

With many edgy personalities, different nationalities, and washed up players, it's a wonder how this team can ever succeed #burnblue
Ouch haha! I'd feel bad for putting this in the OP yet at the same time I kinda want to.

Well there's one team's description ready!

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Put this one in the description too:

giphy.gif

found it dr.rocktopus

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Okay folks, I've updated the Era OWL team affiliations. For those new to this community, this is a Google Doc where you list your favourite teams, so we have an idea of who is cheering for who. There's two tabs: 1) a list of Era users and their three favourite teams, and 2) a list of OWL teams and the list of associated Era fans.

I've opened it for editing. For those returning, you'll notice that I've given everyone the choice of three teams now. Please find your name in the first tab and edit the teams by writing them in (I can add colours in after) to the right of your name, and then find your teams in the second tab and edit your name underneath them.

For newcomers, please find an empty row at the bottom of the list on the first tab to add your name and teams, then find your teams in the second tab and add your name under each team in an empty column underneath.

Right now the document is editable if you have the link below. It's hidden and only viewable by quoting this post, so please don't share it haphazardly! I will be returning to comment-only after the season begins.

Thanks, and happy OWL season 2!

[Hidden content]

I guess I'm the only person who might actually root for the Justice this season...

...it's gonna be a long season.

Fuel might not be a top team for me anymore since Seagull's departure, I guess I'll see how much I care when the actual games start airing.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I know these matches mean dick all but... Toronto seems... okay?

I watched the episode where Jay (Defiant's GM) was on Oversight, and yeah, they seemed to know what they're doing. We know at least 3 of their players are competent enough, with Neko being a top 3 Zen of OWL S1. I think they're underrated and could be a top 10 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.