• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Boston lost Crusty, Neko, Striker and Gamsu within months of each other, not to mention DK which wasn't there fault.

Things aren't looking too good for kraft

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
avast.PNG

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay so we have for those who will be writing a small thing or paragraph for a team in the new OP:

i-hate-u for Dallas Fuel and San Francisco Shock
Jam for London Spitfire
Salty_Josh for Los Angeles Valiant
Parenegade for Houston Outlaws
The_Strokes for Los Angeles Gladiators
JayCB for New York Excelsior
TManPlays for Washington Justice
BDS for Philadelphia Fusion
Treestump for Seoul Dynasty
EMT0 for Atlanta Reign
Buttchin-n-Bones for Hangzhou Spark

Still need someone for
  • Boston Uprising
  • Chengdu Hunters
  • Guangzhou Charge
  • Florida Mayhem
  • Paris Eternal
  • Shanghai Dragons
  • Toronto Defiant
  • Vancouver Titans
If I don't get one for a team then I will just copy an excerpt from their official team description.

Last edited:

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco Shock:

8F3rATsMsDG.

Ever since their announcement as a team in OWL. it was clear parent company NRG was betting their future on young talent like Sinaatra and Super who were too young to play for the first half of the League. Now, coming in 2019, Shock has vastly revamped their roster by not only signing top tier Korean talent like Rascal and Viol2t, but also signing Crusty , who was considered by some the best head coach in the league. With 12 players that can fill any role, and an even split of talented of Korean and Western players, Crusty has all the ingredients in the world to cook up a gourmet of a team. Shock has no reservations to spend that cash money young money to be the best, evidenced by their Striker buyout from Boston, who was regarded as the best Tracer in Season 1.

With genius players like Moth and truly flexible underrated stars like Nevix, the San Francisco Shock are truly going to #shocktheworld this season. This is a team that can win the entire league, folks.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
San Francisco Shock:

8F3rATsMsDG.

Ever since their announcement as a team in OWL. it was clear parent company NRG was betting their future on young talent like Sinaatra and Super who were too young to play for the first half of the League. Now, coming in 2019, Shock has vastly revamped their roster by not only signing top tier Korean talent like Rascal and Viol2t, but also signing Crusty , who was considered by some the best head coach in the league. With 12 players that can fill any role, and an even split of talented of Korean and Western players, Crusty has all the ingredients in the world to cook up a gourmet of a team. Shock has no reservations to spend that cash money young money to be the best, evidenced by their Striker buyout from Boston, who was regarded as the best Tracer in Season 1.

With genius players like Moth and truly flexible underrated stars like Nevix, the San Francisco Shock are truly going to #shocktheworld this season. This is a team that can win the entire league, folks.
You impress me again and again haha! I'll add this to the OP lol! San Francisco Shock has been taken care of!

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017

Shock and Dallas are both my favorite teams, so I know the most about them, I can't say the same for the rest.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I might write on LAG if no one else steps up but I'm afraid I'm a filthy casual so the text won't be as good as these :( I know there's some LAG fans here better fit for that job at least 👀

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I might write on LAG if no one else steps up but I'm afraid I'm a filthy casual so the text won't be as good as these :( I know there's some LAG fans here better fit for that job at least 👀
Awe thank you Mariip! I trust you with making something good! I'll add you as the LAG rep.

One thing is for sure, yours will be better than anything I could ever write haha!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco Shock:

8F3rATsMsDG.

SHOCK'S TAKING IT ALL BABY, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fantastic write-up, you've done us Shock fans proud

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
600px-London_Spitfire_logo.png

INAUGURAL CHAMPIONS OF THE OVERWATCH LEAGUE

The most electrifying franchise in the history of sports entertainment returns for season two as the reigning champions. From their humble beginnings as a fusion of two of the best teams Pre-Overwatch League, including GC Busan after their Royal Road victory at Apex, they were always set to be a force. Though success is far from a formality and takes grit and determination as the team has faced issues with form and injuries but when they get it right they are class above any other team in the League. The front line of Profit and Birdring is one of the deadliest DPS duos in the game's history, matched by their tank team of Fury and Gesture who are the most complimentary tank pairing all being supported by the ever reliable Nus and surprisingly deadly Bdosin. This season sees them joined by Contenders DPS star Guard and Tier 3 player Krillin who is set to show his worth. Previous General Manager Lil Susie has seen herself promoted within Cloud 9 and has been replaced by former Team Manager Robin.

The future looks bright for the boys in blue as they look set to defend their title and continue a dynasty cementing themselves in history as the undisputed Champions of Esports.

#ACESHIGH

overwatch_mf.0.jpg

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
600px-London_Spitfire_logo.png

INAUGURAL CHAMPIONS OF THE OVERWATCH LEAGUE

The most electrifying franchise in the history of sports entertainment returns for season two as the reigning champions. From their humble beginnings as a fusion of two of the best teams Pre-Overwatch League, including GC Busan after their Royal Road victory at Apex, they were always set to be a force. Though success is far from a formality and takes grit and determination as the team has faced issues with form and injuries but when they get it right they are class above any other team in the League. The front line of Profit and Birdring is one of the deadliest DPS duos in the game's history, matched by their tank team of Fury and Gesture who are the most complimentary tank pairing all being supported by the ever reliable Nus and surprisingly deadly Bdosin. This season sees them joined by Contenders DPS star Guard and Tier 3 player Krillin who is set to show his worth. Previous General Manager Lil Susie has seen herself promoted within Cloud 9 and has been replaced by former Team Manager Robin.

The future looks bright for the boys in blue as they look set to defend their title and continue a dynasty cementing themselves in history as the undisputed Champions of Esports.

#ACESHIGH

overwatch_mf.0.jpg
I would almost feel bad for NOT including this in the new OP.

I might have to remove the spoiler pic though haha.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Representing the Big Apple itself, NYXL was an Overwatch League season one powerhouse, plowing through teams in the leagues initial stages and ending with an unmatched 39 - 11 win to loss ratio. With a fully stacked crew, including jack of all trades, Libero, the wild-card Widowmaker, Pine, and the leader of the bunch, and best Tracer in the world, Saebyeolbe, they were thought unstoppable - Until tragedy struck. Despite being on top of the league, and the world, NYXL were hit with a deadly case of Sandbagitis after choking on a plate of well grilled Carpe, and it cost them the very thing they worked so hard to achieve, the very thing they deserved above all others. The Overwatch Grand Championship.

But the boys have trained hard and bounced back, and though other teams have made huge sweeping changes, with almost entire rosters being traded out, NYXL have stayed true to it's core roster, only adding two XL2 DPS players, Nenne and Fl0w3r. Pundits and casters have all asked "How will NYXL possibly contend against these brand new, fully stacked teams?"

The NYXL reply? "We have a JJoNak". Ever Upward.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Representing the Big Apple itself, NYXL was an Overwatch League season one powerhouse, plowing through teams in the leagues initial stages and ending with an unmatched 39 - 11 win to loss ratio. With a fully stacked crew, including jack of all trades, Libero, the wild-card Widowmaker, Pine, and the leader of the bunch, and best Tracer in the world, Saebyeolbe, they were thought unstoppable - Until tragedy struck. Despite being on top of the league, and the world, NYXL were hit with a deadly case of Sandbagitis after choking on a plate of well grilled Carpe, and it cost them the very thing they worked so hard to achieve, the very thing they deserved above all others. The Overwatch Grand Championship.

But the boys have trained hard and bounced back, and though other teams have made huge sweeping changes, with almost entire rosters being traded out, NYXL have stayed true to it's core roster, only adding two XL2 DPS players, Nenne and Fl0w3r. Pundits and casters have all asked "How will NYXL possibly contend against these brand new, fully stacked teams?"

The NYXL reply? "We have a JJoNak". Ever Upward.
^^ Hope thats okay..if not, then it's cool fam
Wow thanks so much! It looks great! I love it! I'll add you to the list and use this on the new OP! Hope you don't mind me changing the text color to reflect the team's colors though!
NO DONT, see if optimus8936 and The_Strokes have time first >_< I won't have it done before the weekend
Oh it doesn't have to be done by the time that the new OP is ready! I know for sure that I won't get every team ready to go since many of them are still newish. So I will still upload the OP and if people volunteer to write something nice for a team that needs it then I'll edit the OP!

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I could write something for the Justice since I think I'm the only person in the thread so far that may attempt to root for them. But what I write would probably end up with me just trashing the team thanks to many years of disappointment in DC area sports teams.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I could write something for the Justice since I think I'm the only person in the thread so far that may attempt to root for them. But what I write would probably end up with me just trashing the team thanks to many years of disappointment in DC area sports teams.
Hey anything works! If it's criticism it's criticism! As long as they have someone in their team then that's good enough. Would you be okay with me adding you as their rep?
Okay great! Mariip will be replaced with The_Strokes!

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
GIVE THIS MAN A RAISE.
I got you, my man.

Okay so we have for those who will be writing a small thing or paragraph for a team in the new OP:
Still need someone for
  • Atlanta Reign
  • Boston Uprising
  • Chengdu Hunters
  • Guangzhou Charge
  • Hangzhou Spark
  • Florida Mayhem
  • Paris Eternal
  • Philadelphia Fusion
  • Seoul Dynasty
  • Shanghai Dragons
  • Toronto Defiant
  • Vancouver Titans
If I don't get one for a team then I will just copy an excerpt from their official team description.
Well I was going to do one for Uprising as I championed them during Season 1 but...

Apparently the org just wants to keep ruining this team! Half the team is basically gone now after how well they came together last time. That leaves, what? Striker, Note, and Aimgod at this point and as much as I like the latter two, the second Striker is traded or whatever, I'm done with this team. Maybe I'll write something up for Dynasty then because I don't know what I'd say about Uprising now.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the org just wants to keep ruining this team! Half the team is basically gone now after how well they came together last time. That leaves, what? Striker, Note, and Aimgod at this point and as much as I like the latter two, the second Striker is traded or whatever, I'm done with this team. Maybe I'll write something up for Dynasty then because I don't know what I'd say about Uprising now.

Someone should probably tell him...

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Well I guess you're done with the team, Striker was traded back in December.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Well I was going to do one for Uprising as I championed them during Season 1 but...

Someone should probably tell him...
Well I guess you're done with the team, Striker was traded back in December.
So......Dynasty then? What do you say Treestump? Wanna go for it?

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
The fuck, really? Where have I been? Might not have posted much in here during off season but I still checked in but I missed that one. Yeah, my love for Uprising is done now. Dynasty it is then. Yeah, yeah, Fissure I know but still. Don't remember who brought up the idea for everyone listing three teams this season but I did like that idea and if we went with that, I have to figure out two slots now. Ugh. Thanks for letting me know.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'd volunteer for a team but all the ones I'm a fan of there are bigger fans of, and all the remaining ones I'd be mean about :^)

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I would be willing to do a Philly writeup.
Awesome thank you! I'll add you to the list!
The fuck, really? Where have I been? Might not have posted much in here during off season but I still checked in but I missed that one. Yeah, my love for Uprising is done now. Dynasty it is then. Yeah, yeah, Fissure I know but still. Don't remember who brought up the idea for everyone listing three teams this season but I did like that idea and if we went with that, I have to figure out two slots now. Ugh. Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks Treestump! I'll put you as the Dynasty writer!
I'd volunteer for a team but all the ones I'm a fan of there are bigger fans of, and all the remaining ones I'd be mean about :^)
It's okay! They can't all be like Jam's lol. If your write up for a team has some criticism then that's okay! We're not trying to make it all happy go lucky lol.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Once you figure that out please feel free to comment your new teams in the spreadsheet and I'll edit them

Status
Not open for further replies.