• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nanzer was pitching an Overwatch league to Jeff Kaplan before the game even launched, just seems insane that he would leave mid-season like that. The money was probably too good to turn down and/or he thinks the Overwatch League is in a good enough spot and he just wants to move on to the next challenge.

I love what the league has turned into so I hope it keeps on improving even without Nanzer at the helm.

On the other hand, Fortnite esports has had some amusing fuck-ups (the Infinity Blade fiasco immediately comes to mind), so this is a really good get for them.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh shit. That's a huge blow to owl... Maybe? Nate's definitely been out of touch on some key things but there's no denying he helped build a pretty amazing league.

The most sceptical part of me says he's getting out before the clusterfuck next year of teams having to run their own arenas. Which I'm excited for, but from what I hear there's an impossible amount of work to get done to make it happen on time with teams that have varying levels of ability to make it happen smoothly.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite is even less interesting as an esport than Overwatch, so hopefully he's going to develop Rocket League.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can probably tell which way the wind's blowing at Activision.