• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Just announce it already so I can stop being in denial.

So casters were in charge of production? Blizzard?? No wonder we didn't get any replays

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What an awesome bracket. Tomorrow should be fun. Congrats to US for surviving the quarterfinals!

EIVvTvyXUAIInxj

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do they keep overlapping Overwatch events? :(

Anyways, what are the odds of them revealing a new hero that'll come soon™? I sure as hell don't expect for the new one to be released until OW2 comes out.

Overwatch 1 is frozen in time until 2 comes out aside from new event skins I bet. It's gonna be wild getting 4 heroes and like 10 maps at once though

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember them talking about the mid-season playoffs during the All Star weekend. That should be fun at least

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Shax is out there wanting to take the title of titan slayer. First the Titans, now South Korea

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, all matches are first to 3 next year. RIP 0-4 Watch. They said removing stage playoffs means map differential has less impact. Different map orders too.

All 5 control maps will always be in the pool. Other modes will have a limited pool

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i think i'll just pass on today's matches since xqc isn't playing -- blizzard really messed up by eliminating him, i'm sure many others will do the same.

enjoy the games if you still decide to watch, peace.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Summary of stuff from Watchpoint 2020. A lot of this is known, but it's good to have a summary anyway

Two regions 4 divisions, each has five teams.
All games are homestands next year. Matches only run on Saturday and Sunday, starting at local time
No more stage playoffs, there will only be a mid-season tournament during the all star break and the grand finals
Grand finals format the same as last year, last chance play-ins and double elimination bracket
All matches are first to 3. No more 4-0s.
The maps will be in a different order
Limited map pools will exist but Control will always have all 5 maps in the pool.
Pretty much confirmed that next season will be all Overwatch 1 (No Push)

Edit: Wow they're doing live Q&A here.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
I don't know why SK keeps running this comp, it doesn't work in this meta, You have nothing to counter flux, the other team can use barrier aggressively, 2 shields >1

And then they switch and don't have ults to fight with.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark brought it back there, holy shit. I thought they were fucked as soon as they were forced to rotate. Scalar Pog

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Winnable for Denmark given how they're playing. Shame they were one fight away from holding 1st and 2nd.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Damn, losing Sound Barrier like that killed what could have been a great push. Choi is also inhuman.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Choi's about to eat this blizzard

Edit: Wow Denmark played that beautifully. WITH TIME ON THE CLOCK