• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
xQc seems to always be problematic. Tbh I wouldn't mind if they dropped him entirely from the roster. The rest of Fuel (even Taimou lol) doesn't draw much negative attention.

Here's hoping Fuel does a bit better today.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
J
f8KemRy.png
N K E R T O W N

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Puckett is a great host. I never followed Halo, but it's cool to see someone that has been around so long do well.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
How much better would Boston be with a great Mercy like Adam? Seems like a huge hole for them.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I dont see how Seoul isn't everyones favorite team

not only do they fucking win but they actually use shit other than just the fotm picks

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Boston started out strong, but man did they fail at that last point. Their Mercy got baited quite a few times over the course of the match by going in too deep for some rezzes.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
That was pretty good! Uprising tried their best and actually got far before they fell through at the last point.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Yep that's Dynasty playing Overwatch. I'm burning blue since day one, but Dynasty are going to hold the top spot for a long time it seems.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

6X82CCO.png

Some of the responses to this tweet show that xQc's fans are taking it well.

This I think is the interesting cross-section between investors wanting to make E-Sports like the Overwatch League a thing and having to deal with an often toxic online community.

The fact of the matter is, there's a huge difference between someone who is going to stream and only represent themselves and someone who's going to be part of a team and league that they will be representing.

There's a lot of money on the line when it comes to these kinds of things, and I'm not talking about prize pools. I'm talking future business opportunities for E-Sports in a market where older TV, sports, and general entertainment executives are trying to find ways to relate to a younger generation of fans.

I remember having this specific discussion with people at one of the networks I work at about six months ago. They were interested in a large tournament they wanted to hold to see how E-Sports would play on terrestrial TV and see if they can get gamers to move from watching a computer monitor or phone to turn on the TV. I tried to warn them that depending on the game there's different levels of professionalism they can expect. Though we're all used to dealing in the world of sports where trash talk is something we're all fully made aware of, gaming at least as I felt can be a bit more toxic especially so when you're dealing with people who may only be sitting a few feet away from each other. At the end of the day they need to be aware that this kind of thing can happen and act accordingly. Like any professional sports league, if someone does something that is detrimental to the image of the league or team, they need to be dealt with strongly and firmly to establish that certain things won't stand. The ire of a certain player's fans is not going to be as bad as the ire of advertisers or corporate partners who are the ones risking millions of dollars.

This I think is a good sign from the Overwatch League. Whether these guys made up themselves isn't the issue. xQc didn't just embarrass himself but his teammates and a fledgling league trying to find its footing. These guys when they sign a contract agree to follow a specific Code of Conduct and when they fail to uphold that, this is the result. I think this is a positive sign for things to come if teams remain consistent here.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
why are the respawns timed to happen just before the 33%?? who thought that was a good idea?

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It's always the Mercy. She really does have too much influence over the game. It's ridiculous.

Uprising is trying it's hardest but Dynasty keeps schooling them so far.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Between the bad map selection, the clear stratification between the teams, mercy meta and the resulting stagnate comps, the prospect of this being dragged out for another three weeks before any sort of change seems like a bad idea.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the Fuel's official Discord is deleting any discussion of xQc's comments.

Screw it, there are 11 other teams in the league, and none of them are stanning for a homophobe.