• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
yall gonna follow me? okay no... okay.

screenshot-www.twitcha4kk9.png

Bought mine!

...but didn't get my bits or my league tokens so...I'm pretty salty about that.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
All access pass purchased, bought Titans Lucio and Spark D.Va because they're better versions of the default skins

LET'S GO DOOD

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Sorry to interrupt everyone!

We are still missing reps for the following teams!
  • Chengdu Hunters
  • Guangzhou Charge
  • Florida Mayhem
  • Paris Eternal
  • Shanghai Dragons
The following are people who have not submitted their team form yet! No pressure or date needed! If you need time, you need time!
  • Big Yoshi for Boston Uprising
  • Jam for London Spitfire (edit fix)

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Fedys ago an employee of blizzard arena did an AMA where they mentioned that... it's gonna be worse than last year, basically
????????????????????????????????

8 new expansion teams x $20 million (min) = 160 million

The League should be making money. Don't tell me they blew it off by bringing DJ Krap for the finals.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
To all who posted about your favorite team or the team you chose to represent, I added all that I have been given so far to Post#2! Take a look at it and tell me if I missed anything crucial!

My hands REALLY hurt from typing and stuff so I hope you guys are okay with me taking a breather haha.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
AlexFlame116 when you're ready, can you put the Era fan spreadsheet in one of the off-shoot posts and then threadmark it? That way we can redirect people to it easily.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I wasn't gonna mess around with the Twitch stuff after spending WAY too much money on bits, but I really want that shiny Level 5 badge. Goddamnit, I'm going in

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Thanks bruv. Take a break tho for real, your OP is awesome.
SHOCK THE WORLD

Awesome job on the OP!

Thanks so much guys! Sorry it doesn't look as good as it could

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1anV0HCbHhzyUOciKZPJI6Okmwvb7Wm6Li6flxUR4T-E/edit?usp=sharing

The spreadsheet is comment-only, so find an empty cell and comment your Era username with your favourite teams (up to 3). I'll handle the rest.
Thank you! Adding it now to the OPs! Dang I still don't know who to root for.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Go Reign/Justice!

Love both these teams for wildly different reasons. Also still have a soft spot for NYXL.

Highly recommend to everyone to either join a community league here: https://highnoon.gg/#/leagues. Or to do a Standard Draft (live draft fantasy) with friends. Feel free to hit me up with questions.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go dude

Fusion 3-2 London (rumors going around that London aren't too hot at goats right now but Philly's weaknesses should keep it close, but if it goes game 5 then Philly will win)

NYXL 4-0 Boston (lol Boston)

LAG 3-1 Seoul (scrim rumors for Seoul have them constantly swapping tanks, don't see them being too good)

HZ 4-0 Shanghai (lot of hype for HZ from people in the know + Gamsu won't have much experience with the team)

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Go Reign/Justice!

Love both these teams for wildly different reasons. Also still have a soft spot for NYXL.

Highly recommend to everyone to either join a community league here: https://highnoon.gg/#/leagues. Or to do a Standard Draft (live draft fantasy) with friends. Feel free to hit me up with questions.
I posted your Fantasy draft to the OP! On the Extra stuff post! Let me know if I need to edit anything there.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't exempt myself from my own rules, so I had to choose. I'll still follow them and watch their games, but even I have to admit that nothing in OWL excited me more than the Fuel comeback in stage 4. Plus, Houston had a quiet off-season, so they kinda disappeared from my mind.

What would you have liked to see Houston do?

Also, Dallas got super lucky, I don't think they'll match Stage 4's success in any Season 2 stage without a huge roster revamp.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
What would you have liked to see Houston do?

Also, Dallas got super lucky, I don't think they'll match Stage 4's success in any Season 2 stage without a huge roster revamp.
I would've liked to see Boink get dropped for a different, more solid support player. I would like to see Bani on Zen instead of Rawkus (though if they can manage a role swap that'd be cool), and I dunno what I'd want for the DPS or tank roles. Muma still seems solid, but Coolmatt has more or less disappeared. I'm curious to see how Jake fits in a DPS lineup that renders him basically irrelevant. At the end of the day, Houston made barely any lineup changes and I'm a bit concerned to see how the boys are going to adapt.

Regardless of Dallas' potential success or not, the fact that I had a considerably greater emotional reaction to their good stage than I had to Houston's first stage suggested to me that I cared more about this team than the other.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
"but Coolmatt has more or less disappeared

This is blatantly false. I've now rewatched Stage 4 twice and he was just as good in Stage 4 as he was in Stage 1. The number of times where he clutched was insane for how big this narrative has gotten.
Like, he's disappeared from the world. No social media, no streams, no public appearances. Ever since he didn't make the Team USA final roster, I can't fully believe he's still as good as ever - or if his skill has stayed the same while other off-tanks surged ahead. Very much an out of sight, out of mind thing for me.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, he's disappeared from the world. No social media, no streams, no public appearances. Ever since he didn't make the Team USA final roster, I can't fully believe he's still as good as ever - or if his skill has stayed the same while other off-tanks surged ahead. Very much an out of sight, out of mind thing for me.

oh lmaoooo this is 100% true. I think he'll be the same or improved. He doesn't play ranked only PUGS and scrims.