• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bumper is playing much better after that first map and first point on KR.
2-2-2 locked roles within the game or just enforced by OWL? If the latter that kind of feels like a shitty way to answer Blizzard's ineptitude of balancing the game.
Supposedly its going to be implemented into OWL first and then comp.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Truly a clash of the two best teams in the league. The way they play is just on another level than any other team here. There are so many moments where I'm just wondering how someone is surviving for so long.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Truly a clash of the two best teams in the league. The way they play is just on another level than any other team here. There are so many moments where I'm just wondering how someone is surviving for so long.
I don't get how someone can watch these two teams and think Goats is boring. The suspense and drama some of these fights create is just unreal. Here's hoping Shock pick it back up.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how someone can watch these two teams and think Goats is boring. The suspense and drama some of these fights create is just unreal. Here's hoping Shock pick it back up.
The narrative I see a lot is this

Bad goats vs bad goats: boring
Good goats vs bad goats: boring
Good goats vs good goats: pretty pog

Which I mostly agree with. And really, there are only three teams can give us a good goats mirror.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eh its exciting but watching slow engages where its just a matter of who builds ults faster or who gets out of position first and gets picked isn't particularly amazing hype moments.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Any match you get in knowing you'll only see six or seven heroes played is boring in mybook, i can't really help it, it's like only 1/8th of the game is being played

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Which I mostly agree with. And really, there are only three teams can give us a good goats mirror.
This I agree with. When one of the top teams is repeatedly punishing some mid/low tier team, it's boring and repetitive. But when you have teams like Shock and Titans smashing into eachother in a coordinated and balanced dance, there's a lot of hype.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

I'd consider tier 2 goats vs. tier 2 goats pretty entertaining. Tier 1 GOATS vs. Tier 2 GOATS is lopsided and boring, but I've enjoyed watching the Glads, Spitfire, Seoul, Spark, Shanghai, NYXL and the Fuel play GOATS against another team on the same tier as them

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Wholesome af

I'd consider tier 2 goats vs. tier 2 goats pretty entertaining. Tier 1 GOATS vs. Tier 2 GOATS is lopsided and boring, but I've enjoyed watching the Glads, Spitfire, Seoul, Spark, Shanghai, NYXL and the Fuel play GOATS against another team on the same tier as them
Honestly, that's fair. So, the idea is an even match between teams who are at last competent at goats can be pretty entertaining. But lopsided matchups are pretty frequent

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Wholesome af

Honestly, that's fair. So, the idea is an even match between teams who are at last competent at goats can be pretty entertaining. But lopsided matchups are pretty frequent

Exactly, which is the big issue with GOATS as a viewing experience. Tier 2 vs. Tier 2 isn't as high stakes as Tier 1 vs. Tier 1 GOATS but it has moments of brilliance as well as occasional divergences from GOATS that keeps me entertained. The NYXL can transcend between Tier 1 and Tier 2 GOATS play, Shanghai not really but they at least hold strong with their own style. As we saw the Gladiators and the Spark can't do that at all and get solidly dumpstered by Tier 1 GOATS.

Meanwhile I'd put Boston and Chengdu as the gatekeepers between Tier 2 and Tier 3. Boston can run competent Tier 2 GOATS at times and look competitive with teams like the Glads, the Spark, etc. and other times they bot out. Chengdu is Chengdu with all the good and bad that implies

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be upset at all, Stitch is my favourite OW player and I know for a fact the winstreak will end. And I think it's a mathematical impossibility for Van to be eliminated from playoffs at this point

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Yeah that Super shatter definitely felt like he was attempting a hard read, expecting one or two people that had been forced out to try and quickly boost back in through the doorway to contest the point. Too bad they either waited or just rotated out altogether, so he wound up stunning some stairs and nothing else.

That was a hell of a hold by the Titans, considering they let the Shock slowly build up the first two ticks more or less for free before they started to really contest the point.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i do feel bad if teams get fucked over by meta changes and go from a top tier team to a mid team tier but its part of the game imo and im cool with a locked 2-2-2

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Sinatraa and Moth looking genuinely worried. I know these guys have terrific mental, but if you're the Shock right now, all you're thinking is "we can't let them do this to us again."

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I really hope the Shock don't let that map get into their heads, because wow that was not good.

I think he was trying to do a 5head play and pre-shatter anyone who was about to retake. It's kinda like Nenne's losing grav last stage - if he pulled it off, he would've been a god
They were close to capping so he preemptively shattered hoping to catch anyone trying to contest through the door. Didn't pan out.

That makes sense. Not sure if that cost them the point or not, but damn if everything didn't go south after that.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Violet's trances have got me so confused. I can't tell if they're ever worth it or not but the Shock are largely rolling on this map so what do I know. And he's about to get his third in as many minutes