• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I just don't see the point in cheerleading just the name.

I think the turn around from a management and player acquisition perspective is worth recognizing. The decision making has a huge part in a teams success as well, and there are numerous teams (OWL or not) stuck a certain mindset that refuse to recognize they are wrong in their current decisions.

also fuck this reverse sweep

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see Diem back on Widow but last map is likely Dorado and it's going to be another Sombrafest.

EDIT: Spoke too soon!

Last edited:

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Man I thought Shock were going to get styled on and then they were just like
giphy.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they lose, Shock managing to recover like this after being absolutely rolled is amazing.

I found the FiveKing fan.

Are you telling me it wouldn't be amazing if FiveKing stepped out of the hyperbolic time chamber and consistently got 6k environmental kills to carry Shanghai to where they are now?

I think the turn around from a management and player acquisition perspective is worth recognizing. The decision making has a huge part in a teams success as well, and there are numerous teams (OWL or not) stuck a certain mindset that refuse to recognize they are wrong in their current decisions.

also fuck this reverse sweep

They basically bought a top tier team and fired the terrible management that sold slots in the team, left a mixed language team without a translator for most of stage, and thought making players grind it out for 12+ hours a day was a good idea. Even putting aside that it's kinda fucked to praise the owners that let the team languish with that fucked management for a year, I don't think it's an amazing move to realize it was fucked after the fact.

I mean, it's how every sports league has worked ever. New York Yankees. New England Patriots. Detroit Red Wings. People feel connection and become fans of the team, not the players. Esports have been an anomaly for the most part because they focus on individual personalities, especially with the rise of streaming and what-not. But the whole point of OWL is to make an esport that feels more like a real sport, with local teams and fan bases.

I get that traditional sports teams have that fervor, it's still dumb and especially dumb for a league that didn't exist two year ago.

Last edited:

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Dragons did a damn good job there.

(Ok, but watch the shock full hold)

edit: Happily proven wrong!

Last edited:

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
congrats to shanghai on the win!

the amount of improvement between season 1 and season 2 is truly amazing. i can't even imagine how insanely good shanghai will be in season 3 if they keep improving this quickly.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Diem going up to take down Sinatraa face to face, love it. I don't really care about the Dragons but I love a good underdog story after what they did to the "unbeatable" teams.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
God damn. This stage was insane. I'm hoping against hope 2-2-2 is cancelled cuz I wanna see how this meta evolves.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Glad that Gamsu got the win there after grinding it out with Boston and getting completely blindsided at the start of the season.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah, Shanghai! Well deserved, one of the greatest comeback stories.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
One thing's for sure: in terms of pure entertainment value, both teams absolutely brought it. Two best teams by far and the best match I've seen this season.