• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I've been fairly accepting of Goats in these two stages but I really hope we don't have another stage of it at this point, that is just excessive. Heres hoping some big nerfs or changes are on the way.
Yeah, I think the meta is due for some changes. After two stages of goats and goats variants, I think it's pretty clear which teams are good at it and which ones aren't. SF and Titans are at the top by a fair margin, NYXL is probably the only team that can meaningfully challenge them, and then there's everyone else who are likely unable to close the gap within the span of a stage. Most of the games by bad goats teams are just horrible to watch, and while the Chinese DPS comps are fun, they aren't that competitive.

I do like seeing good goats vs good goats, but we've already seen plenty of that from SF and Titans. It would be nice to see a change.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I think the meta is due for some changes. After two stages of goats and goats variants, I think it's pretty clear which teams are good at it and which ones aren't. SF and Titans are at the top by a fair margin, NYXL is probably the only team that can meaningfully challenge them, and then there's everyone else who are likely unable to close the gap within the span of a stage. Most of the games by bad goats teams are just horrible to watch, and while the Chinese DPS comps are fun, they aren't that competitive.

I do like seeing good goats vs good goats, but we've already seen plenty of that from SF and Titans. It would be nice to see a change.
Good Goats vs Good Goats is good 1 time, but the 2nd it's literally the same thing as before just flipped or repeated. And then anything else regarding Goats, mediocre or bad is just frustrating and predictable.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Good Goats vs Good Goats is good 1 time, but the 2nd it's literally the same thing as before just flipped or repeated. And then anything else regarding Goats, mediocre or bad is just frustrating and predictable.
Most of it is like that, but I think it's entertaining when there are moments like SF winning the last fight despite ult disadvantage, or some teams pushing King's Row or Gibraltar nearly to completion during the overtime round.

I don't like it enough to want goats to continue, though. I've seen enough finals between SF and Titans.

I agree that it's frustratingly predictable, and even the casting has become very one-note because there are only so many ways you can hype up the same exchanges over and over.

Here comes the rein battle, then someone gravs... Then someone trances to cover the grav. Then someone throws a dva bomb combo, then Lucio boops, then Rein has to air block properly, and if someone happens to die to the bomb then that's a team fight loss and one team resets to try all over again.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
Most of it is like that, but I think it's entertaining when there are moments like SF winning the last fight despite ult disadvantage, or some teams pushing King's Row or Gibraltar nearly to completion during the overtime round.

I don't like it enough to want goats to continue, though. I've seen enough finals between SF and Titans.

I agree that it's frustratingly predictable, and even the casting has become very one-note because there are only so many ways you can hype up the same exchanges over and over.

Here comes the rein battle, then someone gravs... Then someone trances to cover the grav. Then someone throws a dva bomb combo, then Lucio boops, then Rein has to air block properly, and if someone happens to die to the bomb then that's a team fight loss and one team resets to try all over again.
Yeah, I'll agree there's moments of where something... outside the box happens, but it's like far few and between compared to Dive/Widow Meta. Initially, I was mainly fine with GOATS because I disliked constant Dive, but overtime I've learned the appeal of it, lol. I learned my lesson. That weird meta with the Brig experimenting in Stage 4 was also pretty nice.

People dog on casters for not being enthusiastic, but at this point, I hardly blame em. Don't have to always like your job.

HylianHero12

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
implementing a 2-2-2 lock mid season is way too drastic. you do that for next season.
I don't think a 2-2-2 lock is a good idea at all. It seems way too limiting, since there are a lot of other strategies that don't fit with that set up (stalling a point in a losing fight, triple DPS, etc.). I think either a hero ban system might be more effective, but that could have its own problems too. I actually am fine with GOATs though, but it is exciting to see new strategies.

If a 2-2-2 lock does happen, then I agree with you that it won't be a midseason change (or it would be announced like a stage before implementation).

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I think the best solution outside of a 2-2-2 lock is some form of eliminating heal stacking. I.E. the strongest AOE heal overrides other AOE healing, or something like that. If Brig and Lucio can't stack on top of each other's GOATS starts to be less effective. It's clear that individual character balance changes aren't going to shake GOATS after nearly a year of it being the meta and many balance changes coming through during that time.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I can already imagine the trash talk between Super, Sinatraa, Danteh and Space after this game

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Pacific Division has an undefeated regular season team and team that had a perfect stage, and those teams have been in the stage finals both times.

Atlantic currently winning All-Star game 2-0 when game centers around DPS heroes.

Makes you think.

(Just adding, I know it's because these guys don't all play together and train like they do normally. But it's still fun to think about a world without GOATS.)

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
I can't breath this is too fun and funny. From Sinatraa getting slept 4 times to Bren v Gesture.

Also I missed dive man. This just hurts.