• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Could be worse, you could be an Academy team relegated to Trials that then failed to qualify for next season of Contenders with a former OWL player stepping down as your coach with such espectacular failure under his name.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Most PTR patches range from ~2 to ~3.5 weeks, so if it's strictly balance I can see it happen. AFAWK teams already had an earlier build, although I'd assume that would've leaked.

I fully expect GOATS though, lol.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
How interesting. I suspect Sharyk will be a starter over Yakpung, but now there is someone who is going to contest Envy's spot on the D.Va.

This is LAV all over again for him.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if they place Envy on the bench, he's supposed to be the team captain even if he himself isn't that thrilled with the weight of the title.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
God, is there anything this man can't do?! <3

Not feed in playoffs.

So uh I guess we are not getting OGE?

WHOA, AMAZING. Well deserved.

Jin knows English pretty well and Neko played on a mixed roster last year so I guess this could easily work. You're effectively replacing the worst part of your team (main tank) with a pretty good one and bring an offtank that's great on his own plus already has synergy with Sharyk.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jin knows English pretty well and Neko played on a mixed roster last year so I guess this could easily work. You're effectively replacing the worst part of your team (main tank) with a pretty good one and bring an offtank that's great on his own plus already has synergy with Sharyk.

Aid played on a mixed roster before too. Really hope that we can work out comms with RoKy and Ivy in the mix.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
It seems insane to me that Defiant is swapping out their all-Korean roster in such a way that it's going to completely flip the language barrier. I...sure hope this works because this looks on the surface like it could become a huge mess as soon as a couple of cracks show in the armor.
I guess it helps that IM37 fully speaks English (as we all as well as Danny know) and most of the others at least have some experience in mixed-com rosters. Yakpung felt like the weakest link yeah, but I'm kind of stunned if Envy is hitting the bench as seems to be the case, I thought he was one of the team's real bright spots so far.

I wonder if there's been some sort of a team chemistry or communication issue that never really came forth? I understand changes after their fairly poor stage 2 record, but not on this level.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Another great article by CaptainPlanet
https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/22989886/midseason-report-stars-on-the-rise

Interesting concept, wish there was something better as reward.

Welcome to our new community competition, Skins in the Game, that allows you to compete head-to-head with fans of all 20 Overwatch League teams.

From May 27–31, every time you play a Quick Play or Competitive match wearing a hero skin of your favorite team, you'll earn one point for that team. You can also play along on Twitter—just send a tweet with #MyOWLTeam and tag the account of your favorite team to earn a point for that team. It's that simple—and you can do it as many times as you want!

We'll total all the points and announce the winning team on June 3. The winning Overwatch League team gets bragging rights (of course!) and an Instagram takeover on @overwatchleague.

Please keep in mind the following rules for the in-game competition:
  • Points will only accrue in Quick Play and Competitive—so while it's always cool to show your colors, you won't accumulate points in other modes.
  • You must complete the map in order to get credit for your team. If a map goes to overtime, you still need to be there at the end.
  • It's OK if you are eliminated during a match and need to switch to another hero. As long as your hero was in a team skin sometime during the match, and you complete that match, you'll get credit. For example, if you play Genji in a Reign skin but are eliminated and then switch to Hanzo in a non-team skin, you'll still earn a point for the Reign if you finish.
  • You can wear either the home or away team skins. Either earns a point.
  • You can wear team skins for any hero. They all count.
  • Atlantic and Pacific All-Stars skins do not count.
  • This competition is open to all players, in all regions, on all platforms.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Remember Jayne said world cup viewer coming for Stage 3 and replay going on PTR seems to confirm that

Also Huge
Assault
  • Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from 4 minutes to 3 minutes.
  • Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
Developer Comments: Assault match lengths are averaging higher than we're happy with, particularly in Competitive where there are multiple rounds. We're also concerned with how often Offense fully captures Point A and Point B. Reducing the round time from 8 to 7 minutes should address both these concerns, as less overall time rewards better Defense.
Additionally, sometimes Defenders fight late with good intentions at Point A and end up staggered from their team when A falls, leaving their team with uneven footing to defend a rush to B. In these situations, temporarily lowering the respawn time to get those Defenders back with their team should be a better match experience and doesn't punish players so harshly for wanting to defend Point A.