• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
That was a decent match, but Atlanta definitely threw it away between the Volskaya C9 and that last fight on Route 66.

Time to see if Toronto will shock the Shock!

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I never noticed how bad Semmler and Hex is. They never seem to be doing any analysis or anything other than just talking about what's happening on screen.

Hex can do better. Partnering him with Semmler is just about the worst thing you could do. Hex isn't an outgoing fellow by nature and Semmler constantly eggs him on to make color, on-the-fly commentary, and that's just not Hex's thing, but he seems to have settled into the role.

Hex was much better when he partnered with ZP. ZP could handle a whole match casting by himself, and Hex was comfortable quietly filling in the gaps as they went along.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta :(

Dafran should have grav'd much sooner on the second to last fight but I think he was really scared of Poko eating it. They probably could have contested again without the Doom and Hammond throw picks too.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Hex can do better. Partnering him with Semmler is just about the worst thing you could do. Hex isn't an outgoing fellow by nature and Semmler constantly eggs him on to make color, on-the-fly commentary, and that's just not Hex's thing, but he seems to have settled into the role.

Hex was much better when he partnered with ZP. ZP could handle a whole match casting by himself, and Hex was comfortable quietly filling in the gaps as they went along.

Yeah I mean, I just never get the feeling like they have much chemistry together. And Hex just seems to just always be talking about pretty much the same thing Semmler is.

I haven't seen Hex and ZP but ZP just seems to be fantastic with everyone. It's a shame he's not in OWL.

Oct 25, 2017

Semmler and Hex are the worst duo right now. They are somehow even worse than last season.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GG Fusion, going to the semi-finals. Wanted to hear the casters eat their words but I guess they aren't up to that.

Atlanta :(

Dafran should have grav'd much sooner on the second to last fight but I think he was really scared of Poko eating it. They probably could have contested again without the Doom and Hammond throw picks too.

Dafran was absolutely scared for Poko eating his grav off all the other ones he did leading up to that point in the match.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Semmler and Hex are the worst duo right now. They are somehow even worse than last season.

GOATS is harder to cast, and as I said before Hex is settled into the role more I think (for the worse).

The former point is more significant I think. Doa's noticeably worse too and Monte in turn is doing a bad job at humoring his jokes. Doa can still be insightful sometimes though, and he's more inoffensive in periods of downtime as opposed to Semmler's rowdier behavior which usually just comes across as obnoxious.

I want to peg it on the casters being frustrated with this metagame. To the others' credit, Achillos/Wolf and UberX are holding up pretty well.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
This series is already over, fuck this shit. Of course the optimism I built up over the course of the afternoon turned out to be entirely misplaced.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Sanatraa the most aggro Zarya of all time? Like dude just goes ham all the time every time. Sometimes hes so aggro it actually hurts him but he don't give a fuck

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco Sharks indeed.

This series is already over, fuck this shit. Of course the optimism I built up over the course of the afternoon turned out to be entirely misplaced.

I think expecting a close match out of Philly vs. Atlanta is fair. I was kinda expecting Shock to stomp Defiant though. ... maybe not quite this hard.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Geez, Shock rolled over Toronto on King's Row.

Everyone kind of called this roll, though. Shock are just finally executing their potential the way everyone expected them to.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOATS is harder to cast, and as I said before Hex is settled into the role more I think (for the worse).

The former point is more significant I think. Doa's noticeably worse too and Monte in turn is doing a bad job at humoring his jokes. Doa can still be insightful sometimes though, and he's more inoffensive in periods of downtime as opposed to Semmler's rowdier behavior which usually just comes across as obnoxious.

I want to peg it on the casters being frustrated with this metagame. To the others' credit, Achillos/Wolf and UberX are holding up pretty well.

I actually like Semmler just because his energy

I know its not a popular opinion but so many of the casters are just kinda way low key a lot of time time and at least Semmler always seems in a good mood and brings some energy to the casting

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Sanatraa the most aggro Zarya of all time? Like dude just goes ham all the time every time. Sometimes hes so aggro it actually hurts him but he don't give a fuck

Yeah, he's nuts. I think the biggest difference is that he has a better supporting crew this year. Last year it was just frustrating and stressful watching him go all out all the time

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like Semmler just because his energy

I know its not a popular opinion but so many of the casters are just kinda way low key a lot of time time and at least Semmler always seems in a good mood and brings some energy to the casting

It straddles a line. I agree it's not always terrible, and there are benefits to him having there, but I personally would swap him out for ZP in a heartbeat.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Defiant dropped from the stairs and Shock just rolled over them, smooth as water. It was like they drowned.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Sinatraa's view is almost like an aimbot

His tracking is borderline unbelievable, Jesus Christ