• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
NEW EDIT:

EDIT 4: Looks like someone on the JP Overwatch Twitter team just made a big mistake!
Wk9Jr7b.png

Original post:
DWrkiM0V4AIhSpp.jpg

New Hero? or New Map? It couldn't be an event since we're still in one right?
EDIT: New info given! It's a Story Update with a letter from Torbjorn.
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21574699
YL8V68CEV9301519348714544.png

Translation:
My dear Ingrid,

I know that by now you have gotten news of my injuries in our latest mission. While the descriptions may sound terrible, the doctors are quite sure I'll make a full recovery. Even Angela came to visit me! On the matter of my arm, I promise to make it my first priority to construct a suitable prosthesis that will make everyone forget that it was ever gone. If only Angela's dreams of tissue regeneration were a reality! I told her she should be working harder!

They tell me that you have not yet gone into labor, so I am holding out hope that I will be able to be by your side back home in Gothenburg when the time comes. Just wait a little longer for me!

You may have heard that Reinhardt is responsible for saving my life. I've heard the story at least four different times myself, already, each time more unbelievable than the last. Exaggerations, as you know how he can be. All the same, they've decided to award him a commendation for "conspicuous bravery." Could two words better describe the big oaf?

He has been bothering me insufferably at my bedside. Half in jest, I suggested that if it would shut him up, I would allow him to name our daughter, as he has been badgering me about it these past months. He, of course, took me at my word. Truth be told, I had been considering making him her godfather, and I hope you'll forgive me for making this decision without your consultation. We can only hope she doesn't take after him too much.

I told him that you would have to agree to any name he chose, so let's hope it's a good one (though I fear that may be beyond his abilities, given some of the ridiculous names he gives the characters in his "true stories"). I'm getting sick of this hospital, so I am hoping to return soon.

Love,
Torbjörn

EDIT 2:
All signs are pointing to Brigitte!

Last edited:

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Considering they normally release in the pattern of Character - Event - Map - Event - Character - Event etc. I'm gonna guess it's a new character tease.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's time for them to start teasing a new character for next month, but...

This isn't Hammond, fuck this.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
On second thought, I wonder if the new hero release would go alongside this year's "Uprising" event? Assuming they do a new mission in Overwatch's history that is.

Ana, Reinhardt, Torb, and Emre Sarioglu could be the forced heroes? #speculation

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I'm not really used to seeing "Sarioglu" as a surname. What sort of nationality would that come from...?

Anyway, it seems interesting that Ana mentions all this stuff about Reinhardt and Torb's conditions after the battle, but nothing about this new private. No real hint of whether they'd be offensive, defensive, or what. Also no hint as to whether this is another "inactive" Overwatch agent or someone who turned to Talon. They have been on a bit of a roll with that with three of the last four reveals.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the fact that Hero 27 should be next, I think this feels like more a teaser for this year's Uprising equivalent.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Private First Class" doesn't sound like a character that'd have as responsible of a role as a Tank, especially if they're being grouped with Reinhardt.

This is probably going to be another Offense hero, unless they've finally found a way to make a character that fits a "Defense" role.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The first Uprising Event already had Reinhardt and Torbjorn as 2 of the 4 main characters. I don't know about the rest of you all but I would be pretty bummed if they didn't focus on 4 other heroes instead. Plus they could do a Blackwatch one now that Moira is in the game.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
"Private First Class" doesn't sound like a character that'd have as responsible of a role as a Tank, especially if they're being grouped with Reinhardt.

This is probably going to be another Offense hero, unless they've finally found a way to make a character that fits a "Defense" role.

Defense characters aren't even really Defense heroes. They are DPS who are often better used on offense.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Defense characters aren't even really Defense heroes. They are DPS who are often better used on offense.
Hence why I emphasize the fingerquotes and which is likely also why it's taken so long for us to actually get a new Defense character. It's one of the most maligned groups they have to work with and the game encourages offense more than anything.

Jayveer

Oct 25, 2017
I think Overwatch is the only game I've played that actually gets worse as new content gets added

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

Defense characters?

In overwatch?

lol

--

Can't wait for another sub-optimal character introduction that'll have no lasting effect until a couple of poorly misguided "buffs" are in effect

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I echo the demand for another defense hero. Maybe it's the power type to catch projectiles then send them back. Or a movement reducer like Mei and Junkrat's steel trap.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
The first Uprising Event already had Reinhardt and Torbjorn as 2 of the 4 main characters. I don't know about the rest of you all but I would be pretty bummed if they didn't focus on 4 other heroes instead. Plus they could do a Blackwatch one now that Moira is in the game.

What if this year's uprising is have you play as Blackwatch fighting Rein, Torb, Ana, and Emre?

I mean you got Orisa as the enemy in Uprising last year after release by 2 months.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope its a new map, there are already wayyy too many heroes, and many of those heroes need balancing fixes before Blizzard even think about adding new heroes. On the other hand, the map quantity is pitifully low.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed 100%. Game was most fun during season1 / season2

Yep. They ruined the game by following the demands of the community and heavy focus on esports with the last year of changes. Really blows. Maybe we'll get Vanilla Overwatch someday like we are WoW? One can hope.

YES

GIMME DAT COINFLIP TIEBREAKER

GIMME 150 HP ZEN THAT GETS 1HKO BY WIDOW BODYSHOTS

GIMME GENJI ULT THAT LASTS TWO SECONDS LONGER THAN TRANCE

GIMME MCSNIPER AND MCRIGHTCLICK

GIMME MERCY'S SUICIDE RES

dumb

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So here are a few of my thoughts on this. I know I wrote this on another forum, but never hurts to elaborate now that we have our first clue. Just a fair forewarning, I am writing this out moments before I go to bed so my train of thought is going to be rather disjointed.

While whoever this Emre is, he certainly does leave a bit to the imagination, we have confirmed a few times over that the next hero is someone we've seen already. As such, why would we be getting teased with whoever this person is? Also doesn't help that apparently those who have looked into this already (in the limited time between the tweet and people posting videos), that apparently this is either a man or woman due to translations (but likely would be a man).

Another thing to note too is the heroes we're talking about: More specifically Torb.
airborn-studios-ow-uprising-020-png-jpgcopy.jpg

3218985-skin-torborn-ow_uprising_021.jpg

Not the best examples, but notice something different between the two Torb skins we had last year? Besides age, younger Torb still has his arm while the slightly older Torb from uprising started to grow out his beard, is missing an eye and that arm is definitely gone. This would mean one of two things: If the uprising event we're getting teased on takes place AFTER the uprising PvE from last year, then there is a slight confliction issue since Torb is definitely seen better days long before Tracer's first mission. The other thing is that this mission that we're getting teased on could just be that: A Teaser. Something to which we could get, but probably might be covered in a comic and not necessarily playable since it would be conflicting to figure out the following:

If the next hero is meant to be "Meta Changing," would it really be yet another attack hero? Doubt it. And if Hero 27 is a defensive hero or a tank, why would this hero then get paired up with Torb and/or Reinhardt if we already have a tank and defensive hero?

With all that said, this feels like we could just get either a comic or even an animated short that covers this since it really feels weird to talk about "White Dome" being the upcoming Uprising event if we are only talking about three people, not four. With the way the summary was written, Ana was never involved and there were only three people with Torb getting banged up, and Reinhardt taking a few hits but for the most part was ok too.

But what about Emre? At least "Cadet Lena Oxton" got some credit during the Uprising Event due to her involvement, but why was Emre left out? Not like he was killed since the report said "No casualties" but it seems weird that apparently nothing was said about him afterward.

I suppose if anything else, the best way I can put it is simple enough: What happened with Reyes could be the same thing that happened with Emre. What if something happened with Emre to which he had jumped ship from Overwatch and decided to change his name and do something else with his (or her) life and was called back to action, but in a different circumstance? Say for example... Much like how info nothing was said about Emre until just now that we know he exists and was kept under wraps? Like some other organization within Overwatch?

I'm going to stick to my guns of what I predicted a while back ago about how Hero 27 will indeed have involvement with the Uprising Event and guess that this character... Is Talon. More specifically perhaps someone who was on this mission and due to what happened to Torb, was thrown out of Overwatch (or at the very least was thrown towards Blackwatch) where he operated under Reyes until Overwatch disbanded, to which at that point of time, he took up a different identity and worked his way up in Talon so that he could be ready to prove himself due to not being able to have that chance until now (and will do it at the expense of others).

My Guess is still Sanjay Korpal. Probably won't be him, but I could see a fun string of events where Emre left Overwatch and joined the Vishkar Corporation. Who knows if that will be the case or not, but it would either be him or someone else who I would guess would have been affiliated with Talon/Blackwatch. It just seems weird if the idea for the next event to cover what happened here if there was only three people and how it seems like it is going backwards in time if we are talking about younger men from the time of the Uprising event unless if we really need to have a playable event that tells us how Torb lost an arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.