Out now!

EDIT:

All cosmetics revealed!

Name:
Wrecking Ball
Hammond
Mech Pilot, Mechanic
Base of Operations:
Horizon Lunar Colony (formerly), Junkertown (formerly)
Affiliation:
None

"Do not anger the hamster."

In one of the many experiments carried out at Horizon Lunar Colony, animals were given genetic therapy to assess their adaptation to extended periods of habitation on the moon. As an unexpected side effect, several of them exhibited exceptional growth in physical size and brain function. While most of the test subjects were gorillas or other primates, there were some exceptions, including a hamster named Hammond.

Like the others, Hammond's intelligence grew, and he became more curious about the world around him. Much to the puzzlement and amusement of the scientists, Hammond would frequently escape into different parts of the moon base. Though they'd always find him and return him to his cell, they never figured out the true purpose behind his nightly escapades. What they didn't know was that Hammond was busy teaching himself the skills of a mechanic, which would soon come in handy.

The colony was eventually thrown into chaos when some of the gorillas rose up against the human scientists and took control. Not all of the animals participated, however, and one of the gorillas, Winston, was making a plan to escape to earth. Hammond sensed his opportunity. He built a makeshift capsule and secretly hitched it to Winston's craft as the gorilla blasted off. As the two entered earth's atmosphere, Hammond broke off and landed in a different location: the wasteland of the Australian Outback.

Hammond modified his escape pod to enter the lucrative mech battle arena of the Scrapyard. Working his way up the ranks, "Wrecking Ball" went from contender to champion, though the pilot's identity remained a mystery to all. Gathering his winnings, Hammond was able to upgrade his mech enough to survive the dangerous trek out of the Junker-controlled Outback.

Now free to travel and do as he pleases, Hammond is exploring the world and finding new adventures along the way.

L4gMYuN.jpg

QfZPqyf.gif

A3SZJA8MTU961530150723099.jpg

PQ4ULUT73YL11530150723014.jpg

DNWGFE24569T1530150723014.jpg

X58H4JFENLEP1530150723683.jpg

0EW3E2U26FOS1530150724165.jpg

H6FD41ZHUUIG1530150723705.jpg

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 28th characters/Hammond has to be a tank right? Especially after they merged Offense and Defense into a giant mess of characters on the hero select screen.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Does this work?

No sound unfortunately since it's a GIF but it was just some light traffic noise.

Nope, just a blank section in your post. My adblocker is off for ResetEra too.

Edit: now that my post is live and I've quoted you, it's working in the quote box, what a strange bug.

Edit 2: now it's gone again lol

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I hope it's another area of effect character that can heal team mates and also stun enemies for 5 seconds with no real restrictions to it. I dunno about you lot but I really feel like the game needs more of this type of character.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Nope, just a blank section in your post. My adblocker is off for ResetEra too.

Edit: now that my post is live and I've quoted you, it's working in the quote box, what a strange bug.

Edit 2: now it's gone again lol
Picture maybe?
S34vQCc.png

I hope it's another area of effect character that can heal team mates and also stun enemies for 5 seconds with no real restrictions to it. I dunno about you lot but I really feel like the game needs more of this type of character.
Yes because Sombra, Doomfist, Orisa, and Moira all had those same effects meaning that the next character will obviously have the same effects as Hero 27.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The 28th characters/Hammond has to be a tank right? Especially after they merged Offense and Defense into a giant mess of characters on the hero select screen.
I wouldn't rule out Hammond being a Damage class. We've got two Supports in a row and we already got Winston as a specimen Tank. Anything could happen though.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Honestly I think that it could also possibly be a new animated short for Lucio. We're overdue on those ones.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Hammond. Wonder if that's him in the posters, about the right size.

If Hammond is a scientist/inventor like Winston, it could be something he created (like Efi and Orisa).

He's not, at least not to Winston's level. He's intelligent but not a scientist.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Another gorilla hero, let's do this.

Or any type of simian, aw yiss. It's monkey time.
I still can't believe they did that. It completely betrays their whole goal of separating them in the first place.

I feel like balance is going to get really weird now that there is no distinction between "attack" and "defense" heroes.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Another gorilla hero, let's do this.

Or any type of simian, aw yiss. It's monkey time.

I still can't believe they did that. It completely betrays their whole goal of separating them in the first place.

I feel like balance is going to get really weird now that there is no distinction between "attack" and "defense" heroes.

He's a chimp.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picture maybe?
S34vQCc.png

Yes because Sombra, Doomfist, Orisa, and Moira all had those same effects meaning that the next character will obviously have the same effects as Hero 27.

Those 3 posters on the right are covering the rest of that space monkey poster. I think Hammond is behind that. Looks like his sidekick dog is on a leash too with Hammond likely holding it maybe?