• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I'm tired of the single point of interest style game modes. A mode where teams need to split up would be nice, right now it's usually just the two teams forming balls then slamming into each other.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Wouldn't a paid Battle Pass only really work for free-to-play games?
What's stopping OW from going F2P at some point and Blizzard giving previous owners a founder's pack as a goodwill gesture?

I'm open to anything to stop or minimize the random (gambling) aspect of acquiring cosmetics in OW. The credit system isn't a backup system that I'm in love with.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What's stopping OW from going F2P at some point and Blizzard giving previous owners a founder's pack as a goodwill gesture?

I'm open to anything to stop or minimize the random (gambling) aspect of acquiring cosmetics in OW.
I'm not saying don't do Battle Passes. I'm saying that unless Blizzard plans to make Overwatch F2P, said Battle Passes need to be free (or make them free for those who originally bought the game if Overwatch goes F2P).

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Single player aint happening, they want to boast their multiplayer engagement numbers, the best you could hope is a coop campaign

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just more unique characters and maps. I'm very happy in every other way.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love overwatch but I don't understand why I'm forced to play maps I dislike.

I played like 3000 hours of TF2 and I'm confident at least half of that was purely on Badwater Basin.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Also, please make matchmaking changes for people below grandmaster/master

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I would go back to it for a story campaign. I don't see me picking it up again for any other reason.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'd also like a single player story based event, but I'd like it to have the same budget and care they'd give to a big release, rather than having a 20 minute experience.

As for the core loop?

Role Matchmaking for QP
Advancements to the LFG system (which is already quite good)
Match replays for ranked
Keep working on that reporting system
Mute channel hotkey
Cash store without seasonal limitations

Other than that, I'm pretty well served. Game is still fun, I just crossed 1000 hours last month.

Honestly, if she isn't yet they still show off clear character art in a major animation, that'd probably make me quit the game for good

I bet both she and the Queen are coming, and they're just trying to figure out a different way to make another melee character work without breaking the Tank meta.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I bet both she and the Queen are coming, and they're just trying to figure out a different way to make another melee character work without breaking the Tank meta.
Actually, I believe it was said that the next 6 heroes (which started with Baptiste) would either be Support or Tank heroes. There are still 5 more heroes left in this initiative. So if Sojourn & Junker Queen (the latter of whom I think is next given recent statements) are coming soon, they'd have to fit one of those two roles.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Actually, I believe it was said that the next 6 heroes (which started with Baptiste) would either be Support or Tank heroes. There are still 5 more heroes left in this initiative. So if Sojourn & Junker Queen (the latter of whom I think is next given recent statements) are coming soon, they'd have to fit one of those two roles.

That'd make sense considering all of the damage heroes are steadily getting buffs as Blizzard makes efforts to walk as far away from GOATS as possible while not just making 6 DPS immediately viable.

It's WAY too soon for Overwatch 2, especially considering how long Blizzard tends to support their games.

I don't even know what an overwatch 2 looks like considering OW is just GAAS. I think we'd sooner see OW go F2P before we saw an OW2.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
match history, an extremely basic feature that most games like this have.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Multi-point KOTH maps.
Crossplay.
New Seasonal Events

I believe you are asking for PS4/Xbox One Crossplay right?

Because... the PC version is a distinct version compared to the Console version.

Player movement is faster on PC
Weapon DPS is higher on PC
Some skills have different attributes (like damage per time, area of effect, even Torbjorn turret has different lock on time).

And knowing that Console crossplay would only be possible between Xbox and PS4, it's not going anywhere. If the switch version appears a long the way.... maybe?!?!?! As of right now... not going to happen.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Either a story mode or a single player spinoff. They've created a great world and cast of characters that I'd like to see explored more.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I believe you are asking for PS4/Xbox One Crossplay right?

Because... the PC version is a distinct version compared to the Console version.

Player movement is faster on PC
Weapon DPS is higher on PC
Some skills have different attributes (like damage per time, area of effect, even Torbjorn turret has different lock on time).

And knowing that Console crossplay would only be possible between Xbox and PS4, it's not going anywhere. If the switch version appears a long the way.... maybe?!?!?! As of right now... not going to happen.

Yes, between consoles. Though at this point I suppose having that play between PC players wouldn't matter since XIM adapters are showing up with higher frequency due to the significantly lower $100 price point in recent months. (I understand they are fundamentally different games, just saying that Blizzard hasn't addressed these problems so who even cares at this point, lol)

Would also be nice to see cross-platform unlocks. The one thing that has kept me from diving in on my bootcamp'd Mac is that I simply want account integration across all platforms.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Community servers, no time limited game modes, 8v8 or even 12v12 (maybe the 2 later ones can be achieved with workshop?) Basically the features that made me play TF2 for 3000+ hours.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yes, between consoles. Though at this point I suppose having that play between PC players wouldn't matter since XIM adapters are showing up with higher frequency due to the significantly lower $100 price point in recent months. (I understand they are fundamentally different games, just saying that Blizzard hasn't addressed these problems so who even cares at this point, lol)

Would also be nice to see cross-platform unlocks. The one thing that has kept me from diving in on my bootcamp'd Mac is that I simply want account integration across all platforms.

Cross progression should exist. There's even a logging into Battle.net on the consoles. I quited playing the PS4 because I couldn't play ranked match, while on PC I was over level 360.

Never manage to get over level 20 on PS4 because of such a low level player on Quick Match. Everything is Team Deathmatch.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Would have hoped for a new map type, but I don't think it's gonna happen at this point. I think something like that is the best and easiest way to make sure the meta is varied. Goats is just too powerful at playing the objective int he game modes we have now.

The other thing is just maps that are drastically different and force different comps. Paris is kinda shitty. That first point especially is just recycled from other modes. Chokes fucking suck, figure out another way to make viable 2cps cuz chokes just aren't fun.

Idk all in all I think this game is great, I just think their unwillingness to mess with the core design is recently leading to stagnation. I hope they realize just moving damage numbers up and down isn't going to balance anything. It's about abilities that sync up.

Oh role lock q would be nice. I really give dps a shot every couple of seasons only to have all my games be 3 dps because if I want to grind it I have to put up with other instalockers.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man some sort of progression that isn't Loot Box or bust. I mean they could do Black Ops 4 "battle pass" correctly.

Oct 25, 2017
Cross progression at least. Like someone else mentioned you can already link your bnet account on console. A switch version would be nice

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
More DM game modes is really all I want. Though Role Lock is def up there but I'm not losing sleep over it. I LOVE playing DM in this game. The Hero Gauntlet was like a dream come true for me and I played the shit out of it in PTR. Hoping they keep stuff like that coming and include some competitive modes for them.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Cross progression should exist. There's even a logging into Battle.net on the consoles. I quited playing the PS4 because I couldn't play ranked match, while on PC I was over level 360.

Never manage to get over level 20 on PS4 because of such a low level player on Quick Match. Everything is Team Deathmatch.

Oh yea, it's definitely pretty awful on consoles, especially right after the game goes on sale / has a free weekend. I'm fortunate in that I mostly play with 2-3 friends so we make up most of the team comp, and it's not a big deal. Again though, the rampant XIM usage (which allows KB/M on consoles) is really harming the game. It's pretty difficult to deal with a competent Hanzo / Widow / Ashe using one.

Oct 25, 2017
Anything to shake up the gameplay. Maps with more prominent gimmicks would be nice. New game modes. 2cp isn't the worst thing I've ever played, but I wouldn't be sad if they replaced it. Better events for sure. Storm Rising was shockingly bland. Has anyone said anything about all the motorcycle teases in that one? lol

Maybe a moba like mode? Build up resources and buy item upgrades. Wouldn't have to be super in depth, just something to give matches some variation.

Outside of the main game, I'd like to see some spinoffs, a single player game, a battle royal type game.

Also a show or movie. The story really should take more importance, what we've been getting just is not cutting it.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
  • Role queue / 2/2/2 queue / hero queue?
  • New gameplay modes in QP rotation
  • Improve POTG, show combos/assists
  • Do something about leavers/backfill system
  • Add some kind of progression system beyond xp/levels we have now? I don't know exactly how they'd do it, but after a certain point xp/levels are pretty pointless as a means of urging player progression. (Honestly, I'd rather not even have the portrait border; it's just something for other people to complain about, whether they're sore winners or sore losers. But I'm not going to go buy a smurf account.)
I am glad to see new things like the workshop and changes to replays coming.

I see a lot of people asking for more frequent heroes... I mean sure, new heroes are great, and they generate interest in the game, keep it alive. But I have to imagine hero creation/balance is a bit more involved in this style of game than it is in your average MOBA. Are there other games that have a roster the size of Overwatch, manage more frequent character releases (genuinely curious)?