• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Then they shouldn't expect the playerbase to grow beyond what it is.
I still feel like they'd be better off just updating the current game rather than starting over. That's kind of been Blizzard's MO for a while. Making Overwatch 2 is about as pointless as making Fortnite 2. Why hit the reset button when you can just update what you already have?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I still feel like they'd be better off just updating the current game rather than starting over. That's kind of been Blizzard's MO for a while. Making Overwatch 2 is about as pointless as making Fortnite 2. Why hit the reset button when you can just update what you already have?
Because again, what they have isn't enough to attract new fans, or retain their all of their current fans at this point, and its primary monetization is increasingly legally dubious. Just because something is Blizzard's MO doesn't mean that MO is good for the longer-term health of Overwatch.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Because again, what they have isn't enough to attract new fans, or retain their all of their current fans at this point, and its primary monetization is increasingly legally dubious. Just because something is Blizzard's MO doesn't mean that MO is good for the longer-term health of Overwatch.
The best solution for the monetization problem is to go F2P, give paid owners free Battle Passes, & have free players pay for their passes. Anything a sequel would offer can be done with a big SFV:AE-style expansion for the existing game (including bringing lapsed players back). All Overwatch 2 would be is an arbitrary reset button.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The best solution for the monetization problem is to go F2P, give paid owners free Battle Passes, & have free players pay for their passes. Anything a sequel would offer can be done with a big SFV:AE-style expansion for the existing game (including bringing lapsed players back). All Overwatch 2 would be is an arbitrary reset button.
I'm confused on why you believe a system couldn't be devised to carry pertinent progress over to a new game.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Real ultrawide, you bastards. I bought this big ass monitor yet cannot play the game without it cutting out screen space.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game, and have for a long time. Play on PS4 and placed in every competitive season since the first (mostly Gold yo). I love playing Mystery Heroes, too: keeps you in practice with all heroes, keeps you on your toes, and yet it can be a chill experience as a solo rando, where team composition literally can't be an argument because you're not picking it!

It's that "doesn't have to be balanced" Mystery aspect, along with the rich History of balance and character changes to this game since 2016, that leads me to think a "Mystery History" mode--where you're randomly are assigned *any past version* of a random character--would be a fun way to remember that history.

Running your baby D. Va from her own ult... hauling ass as Original Symmetra to paint the scattering kittens with 75 shield each before you set up the Car Wash.... scooping up Life Orbs as OG Reaper... Mercy's HYUUUUGE REZZ! All sounds like fun to me! Memories...

Do you suppose the engine can support it? Don't you think this wold be a fun mode? :D

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
- Lock 2-2-2. Nothing, I mean NOTHING creative has ever come out from the roles being free to choose, only 5 x dps/sniper and toxicity. And even if you are willing to player healer to those 5 x dps, the gameplay is still shit even if you win.
- Improve tank play. More tank to choose from in general.
- Need a ping system like Apex, that's go good and will remove many communication problem.

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
  • Map maker
  • Dedicated servers
  • An Ultra Street Fighter 4-style version select mode, where you can use any previous version of a hero

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2-2-2 comp queue
Ability avoid unlimited players indefinitely.
Legendary coins during an event should give 1500 coins, half the cost of an event Legendary.
Joint progress between console/PC. Doubt this will happen as Blizzard launcher still using archaic region splits. Is this 2001?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
OWL gone. I loved the game when I first started playing it. And mechanically, the game is one of the best when you look at it on a flat level. Then you enter the game. And then you have the answer to the question of 'what happens to a casual game that is then built entirely around a pro scene?' And that's why I can't enjoy the game near as much as Team Fortress 2. Because aesthetically and stylistically it doesn't take itself seriously, community and balancing-wise it ATTEMPTS to take itself way too seriously.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I can get down with 2-2-2 and role queue. Having half your quick play matches end in a loss because jackasses don't want to play the game right is annoying. Force this shit and make a better game.

• No more 2CP, its shit, its been shit, and why they keep making 2CP maps is beyond me.
  • New types of cosmetics??? The only thing worth a damn is skins and emotes. Voice lines are mostly trash, sprays are trash, PotGs are fine, and win poses are whatever.
  • Removing Hanzo and Widow. They're bad for the game, and they were never a good idea. Don't @ me because its true. Snipers in a team based shooter likes this don't work. Its like they just went down a checklist of archetypes when they developed the original roster without actually considering if said archetypes were good for the game. They fucking suck, and giving long ranged characters mobility is fucking STUPID.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I can get down with 2-2-2 and role queue. Having half your quick play matches end in a loss because jackasses don't want to play the game right is annoying. Force this shit and make a better game.

• No more 2CP, its shit, its been shit, and why they keep making 2CP maps is beyond me.
  • New types of cosmetics??? The only thing worth a damn is skins and emotes. Voice lines are mostly trash, sprays are trash, PotGs are fine, and win poses are whatever.
  • Removing Hanzo and Widow. They're bad for the game, and they were never a good idea. Don't @ me because its true. Snipers in a team based shooter likes this don't work. Its like they just went down a checklist of archetypes when they developed the original roster without actually considering if said archetypes were good for the game. They fucking suck, and giving long ranged characters mobility is fucking STUPID.
I'd gladly like Hanzo and Widow gone but also Sombra should be gone before anyone. Having a hero that can remove your ability to use abilities in a HERO shooter is the most Blizzard shit possible.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I can't really get behind removing any character. People have invested time, credits, and possibly money to master the character and get their skins. Just up and removing them would be a dick move.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I can't really get behind removing any character. People have invested time, credits, and possibly money to master the character and get their skins. Just up and removing them would be a dick move.
Oh no yeah it's far past the point of removing anyone. Hanzo and Widow are just my least favorite parts of the game and airing out my grievances of their inclusion feels good.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I'd like a feature THAT FIXES THE DAMN GAME. After the anniversary patch we, in latinoamerica, have been playing like this the whole time. (and that server is located in my country =/ )

Blizzard knows about this shit and there's no fix in sight after 4 days , so how the fuck are they going to make a "better game" if what they have now doesn't work?.

Oct 27, 2017
- Lock 2-2-2. Nothing, I mean NOTHING creative has ever come out from the roles being free to choose, only 5 x dps/sniper and toxicity. And even if you are willing to player healer to those 5 x dps, the gameplay is still shit even if you win.
- Improve tank play. More tank to choose from in general.
- Need a ping system like Apex, that's go good and will remove many communication problem.

I agree pretty strongly with these. #1 & 3 seem like easy wins. #2 is needed but they need to fix something in the core loop of Tank gameplay that isn't hitting the spot right now. It feels like a job, and poorly paid job especially if no one grabs a healer.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Map voting, more maps, payload race, territories

Basically I want them to rip off 2009-2010-era TF2.

In-game pinging/communication needs to be way fucking better.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
a 7 vs 7 mode

a 3 vs 3 mode where it's one tank, one healer, one DPS. But you can select abilities from different characters to make a super soldier

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Get rid of Anubis and Widowmaker.

Actually just delete DPS in general because I've had the worst experiences having to heal and tank most of playtime since launch.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
- Role queue
- Forced 2/2/2 compositions
- Nerf Orisa's Barrier

Lol, that barrier is so broken, and every week it grows 1 inch.
She needs a freaking nerf on that since she can respawn it in 5 secs. Needs to go up to 10-12

Reinhardt is my main.
I'm content with the game as it is and the pacing it has for getting stuff, but i'd like an Overwatch 3d animated movie

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
2-2-2 lock would be the WORST thing they could do for the game at this point.

An incentive would be better than forced player comps.