• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
At this point I'm one of those people who dreads going tank, I only really like Winston and without the backup playing him is tragic.
The game needs more tanks for sure.

The game needs more main Tank players than Tank Heroes, in general. I'm a flex tank/support player, but unless if I have the back up needed to do my job efficiently, I might as well swap to Roadhog and hope for the best, as most players that I play with have no clue what Reinhard/Orisa/Winston's big, blue coloured barriers do, nor what their role is.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So we got most of the Lucio physics changes reverted but they insist on keeping the lowered wall boost speed even though no one can figure out how it's relevant to infinite wall riding, much less why they insisted on this change at all over characters in need of attention like Reinhardt. So I drew art to express my frustration:

tumblr_p7mkzkaVes1rpha45o1_1280.png
Might as well!

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard just needs to put out more Tanks thats fun to play and doesn't rely on teammates to function. And give them some good DPS.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So we got most of the Lucio physics changes reverted but they insist on keeping the lowered wall boost speed even though no one can figure out how it's relevant to infinite wall riding, much less why they insisted on this change at all over characters in need of attention like Reinhardt. So I drew art to express my frustration:

Might as well!
This Lúcio is way too well-drawn for the purposes of the post lol

Y'know, back when Lúcio was super meta and non healing supports were a thing I thought he could do just fine without healing aura and swapping that for dmg mitigation/dmg boost or something... good times(in defence of 1 year ago me, his regular healing aura was trash at that time)

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This Lúcio is way too well-drawn for the purposes of the post lol
Lol the best expression I've ever captured on his face and it's when he's pissed off.

Y'know, back when Lúcio was super meta and non healing supports were a thing I thought he could do just fine without healing aura and swapping that for dmg mitigation/dmg boost or something... good times(in defence of 1 year ago me, his regular healing aura was trash at that time)
You know, damage mitigation would be kinda cool. The power of music indeed! I'd happily play that Lucio.

Edit: Ooh, what if the aura simultaneously affected the enemy negatively like in HotS? So if they're close enough to him when speed is on, they slow down a bit? Same with damage mitigation; they take more damage.

Broken Frog Boy.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
First placements finished since season 4 and I've dropped a whole 20 points and am still in the 3700 range, that decay can't stop me from obtaining those golden Moira nails, 640 points right now and two batches of masters in the post to top up to just enough. I didn't even notice they nerfed the payouts, guess that's due to the shorter seasons.

And now to not go back any time soon, even with a positive 7-3 in those placements, there was so much WHHHHY?! involved.
I'm finding it increasingly hard to use Zen at these levels when Moira feels ten times more useful in every aspect, obviously discord is tops but with randomers relying on them to follow the orb or keep you safe is an absolute roulette.

Being a tank main on the ladder these days is being a masochist. They like it rough in game and probably outside of the game.
It's funny because it's true.
I used to be able to take the punishment on flex duty but now, i'm too sore.

The game needs more main Tank players than Tank Heroes, in general. I'm a flex tank/support player, but unless if I have the back up needed to do my job efficiently, I might as well swap to Roadhog and hope for the best, as most players that I play with have no clue what Reinhard/Orisa/Winston's big, blue coloured barriers do, nor what their role is.
I think the issue here involving tank players is exactly the reason why you and others have to switch to Hog and go into business for yourself, some more tanks that don't quite fit the dive and anchor tropes could be useful but as for how one does that I'm not sure, area denial?
Time to bring back Data's Titanfall 2 Scorch like hero plan.

Blizzard just needs to put out more Tanks thats fun to play and doesn't rely on teammates to function. And give them some good DPS.
Kinda this, but not too potent with the damage, as pointed out, D.Va's burst damage capability these days can make her a more sudden close range death than Mr twin shotguns could even hope to reach.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Lol the best expression I've ever captured on his face and it's when he's pissed off.

You know, damage mitigation would be kinda cool. The power of music indeed! I'd happily play that Lucio.

Edit: Ooh, what if the aura simultaneously affected the enemy negatively like in HotS? So if they're close enough to him when speed is on, they slow down a bit? Same with damage mitigation; they take more damage.

Broken Frog Boy.
Well, doesn't matter now, they killed the concept of non healing support in this game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
For sure, but my original point still stands.
I think it could have worked if they tried making her buildings faster and better, but tbh, Symm was much of a lone wolf, making her rely on the team only brings them both down, let's see how defense class goes for her, they are basically utility dps anyway o- o

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think it could have worked if they tried making her buildings faster and better, but tbh, Symm was much of a lone wolf, making her rely on the team only brings them both down, let's see how defense class goes for her, they are basically utility dps anyway o- o

This also gives them a good excuse to not design a new Defense Hero, if you think about it.

Out of the four schools, the Defense Class are getting a regurgitation of an established hero.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

Might as well!
this art is v good

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
This also gives them a good excuse to not design a new Defense Hero, if you think about it.

Out of the four schools, the Defense Class are getting a regurgitation of an established hero.
Defense is a really bad name for a class, and it's pretty badly done...most heroes there have almost no connection aside from maybe having some sort of area control, but they work so differently from eachother it became a patchwork of ideas... I feel bad for Symmetra because she was born with the stigma of being used only on defense, and even if she gets reworked she is moving for a class called defense, as if they want to doom Symm 3.0 before she even comes to life =______=

This game needs new category divisions, that change was a big of a band-aid for that because it was the most awkward case, but that doesn't change the fact that system is pretty bad

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Would you honestly want the Offense/Defense Classes merge into one & the DPS roster overshadow the Tank & Support Heroes? I sure don't.
Yes so people and Blizzard can stop lying to themselves by thinking adding another DPS hero, even a defensive one, is acceptable until at least 2019

Besides I've always been a proponent of a 4th class being labelled 'specalists' or 'oddities' for the heroes that don't cleanly fit their classes

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This game just isn't fun anymore outside of Deathmatch and PvE missions.

In fact, Deathmatch is still the best thing they've done imo. Can't blame anyone bit yourself for underperforming.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matches today were pretty rough. But I guess that's to be expected with 3 days left in the season. Still 200 SR away from Diamond, still gonna try.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Blizzard needs to rebalance the entire cast. If the game is going to compose of over 50% DPS, then ideal team composition should match that.

Or rework low tier characters into other classes aka Symmetra rework.

Make more DPS that can kind of support their team. Or partial tank and DPS. Essentially more Moira and Brigette type characters.

A game shouldn't be ruined because 3-4 people want to play their DPS on a team. Healers and tanks need to be rebalanced so that only one is necessary. Asking players to pick roles they don't want to makes for an unpleasant experience.

It's just that everything happens so slow. With Overeatch league adding to balance woes, it's taking even longer to design the game to be less toxic.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to play some comp games at some point but the last week is always hell for me. Might stick to chasing diamond in Elimination.

I've been playing RS6 lately and although the matches are more tense than OW, losing doesn't feel as bad. I suppose it's good to widen the pool of games every now and again.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one for line spam, but this shit had me cracking up. Happened after we steamrolled a sturdy defense led by Sym, Orisa, and Mei:

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
rolled the dice and played one comp game yesterday. pray to jeff the other team got a terrible sombra player lol.

also got a king's row map in qp and they had a 5 stack with mixture of gm, diamond, a gold. then watching my team (mostly soldier and doomfist) die to the gm zen and im like LOL OK. you guys keep going in there to die. i stayed in the game so we can attack and went zen. played a mixture of flank and defensive. i was hoping they picked zen but i think they went tracer.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Blizzard needs to rebalance the entire cast. If the game is going to compose of over 50% DPS, then ideal team composition should match that.

Or rework low tier characters into other classes aka Symmetra rework.

Make more DPS that can kind of support their team. Or partial tank and DPS. Essentially more Moira and Brigette type characters.

A game shouldn't be ruined because 3-4 people want to play their DPS on a team. Healers and tanks need to be rebalanced so that only one is necessary. Asking players to pick roles they don't want to makes for an unpleasant experience.

It's just that everything happens so slow. With Overeatch league adding to balance woes, it's taking even longer to design the game to be less toxic.
I think the only way to rebalance the game for that to happen is making it redundant to have more than one healer, as for the tanks I can't really see a solution... the barrier ones are the most frustrating to play becauae they are too damn important so you get afraid to play it because of the importance of the role, it's a bit of what happens in ff14 i guess, I always loved Reinhardt as a character but I never play him because I'm afraid to fuck up. In comparison, off tanks are super fun, but they are basically dps with a large health pool and some utility(?).

I dunno, I always loved playing support but you get too stressed up if you play an off healer as a solo healer, and playing a main healer is much more efficient with an off one in your team. But that's basically because healing is too damn strong and utility just... isn't

I don't think that's ever going to change, best solution might be just making the roster size more even so we have nore options, but the truth is dps gonna dps and the masochist that plays the other two classes are either be miserable half of the games or quit. I've been thinking of playing more dps in comp lately and symm rework is not gonna help with me playing support lol

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
get your games in now before everyone becomes a brigitte main for 3 days and no one else wants to support.

Oct 26, 2017
That Lucio wallride buff is insane. I kinda feel redeemed that I only just started learning how to play him xD Feelsbad for all those Lucio wallride tutorial videos. rip

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Symm rework seems like it'll be far off. Hanzo will def come out soon.
Yup, but my tiltable buddy came back, so stacking with blog squad is a far off dream now
(That's a nice excuse to get myself a smurf tho)

That Lucio wallride buff is insane. I kinda feel redeemed that I only just started learning how to play him xD Feelsbad for all those Lucio wallride tutorial videos. rip
It was a nerf. And it's the fifth time people will have to redo those vids, you could make an youtube channel about lucio only at this rate lol too bad professor ganymede quit when 2.0 came out

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, but my tiltable buddy came back, so stacking with blog squad is a far off dream now
(That's a nice excuse to get myself a smurf tho)

It was a nerf. And it's the fifth time people will have to redo those vids, you could make an youtube channel about lucio only at this rate lol too bad professor ganymede quit when 2.0 came out

Just tell your friend to play something else lol

Also, blog squad is mainly gonna be QP now unless they change the MM with full stacks.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Just tell your friend to play something else lol

Also, blog squad is mainly gonna be QP now unless they change the MM with full stacks.
I did my part on trying to improve that u-u Ask Buttchin-n-Bones

Chit posted a pretty nice video on how to organize shotcalling for six stacks for comp, but I though squad did a nice job on that already, so idk what else to do...I wasn't playing much these days tho, ludum dare killed me.

He was playing battlefield 1 lol. I think he'll play both so when he gets angry at one he goes play the other. I'll use it to test better shot calling tho.

But I'm just not playing OW as much as I used to =_=~~I still have to make some time to play ni no kuni but this event wont let me

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the rework, you're gonna love them.

Probably not unless I'm playing Hanzo.

Also I don't think I've won one game with Ana as a support on my team ALL season...not even exaggerating.
I just had a game as Zen where I was outhealing her the whole time and then when we lost the Ana's duo partner blamed Sombra.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Brigitte is gonna change the meta hard. Expect to see more Pharmercy, and Junkrat or hitscans instead of Tracer/Genji. Even possibly the reworked Hanzo since his DPS is a beast and can wall climb to safety from Brigitte.

Proof:

And this lovely msg I got from a Master ranked Tracer (not the one in the video) who I deleted three times in a row:

k4y1Vc7.jpg

I faced a Plat Tracer who kept her distance and even managed to kill me with a pulse bomb off guard. People really need to learn how to deal with Brigitte instead of crying or not switching to counter.

Granted she is overpowered right now but the PTR hitbox will bring her down bit. I expect one more nerf soon, possible 1 or 2 sec cooldown but they are being careful not to nerf her more because shield bash is her whole character.

Right now she counters dive pretty well but that also made her in a situation where she counters even non dive.

On the other hand I love this hero and I'm glad I have one more support like Moira that doesn't just roll over and die from a flanker easily.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Brigitte isn't too bad, people just need to get used to playing around her. Next season's comp will be interesting, I wonder how many Brigitte's we see are actually good...

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Last week of comp is so bad. Had a zarya spamming "you have failed your team" because I picked Lucio on route 66 attack...
Nothing makes sense anymore. They are the ones who made me go DPS against a bastion presidente comp

Ironically the best match I had today had a thrower on hanzo but we managed to win dorado... somehow... attack round was an overtime push from point A through C so they decided to just go tracer for the defense round and carry...Never lose faith i guess?

Edit: nvm im done with this shit till next season

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten back into the game over the past few weeks and I had forgotten how bad competitive can be sometimes. Most of my placements were fine but I've yet to have a positive competitive game where someone uses a mic.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten back into the game over the past few weeks and I had forgotten how bad competitive can be sometimes. Most of my placements were fine but I've yet to have a positive competitive game where someone uses a mic.

Sounds like a standard comp game to me, for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.