• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017
I'm tired of being a good teammate. Most games I try to fill, but I find myself always having to choose between healer or tank. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being the only healer on a 3 dps team. I'm tired of solo tanking on a 3 dps team. I'm tired of politely asking players to fill out the team. I want to play DPS sometimes, too. I blame Blizzard for not encouraging playing time on multiple heroes or classes. I blame the community for being a bunch of selfish assholes. The sad part is, I love this game when I find a good team that works together, and I'm always looking for it when the game starts, but it happens ~10% of the time. So you know what? "If you cant beat em, join em." I'm either going to quit playing this game all together or I'm just going to do whatever I feel like when I play. So, at least for now, I'm going to try option 2. You assholes made me this way, now I hope you have to deal with me in game, like I had to deal with you.

Why would I flex for 5 random people on the internet if they never do it for me? Why is my fun worth less so that I am willing to throw it away just to make a decent composition while others are wanking off on their mains? Screw that. I love playing this game and every time I queue, I hope we can get something decent together but it's starting to take its toll on me. I don't even enjoy tanks and healers much but I play them because somebody has to do the job I guess.

The worst is when your dps run away and you're then just sitting on payload asking yourself "who the fuck do I even play tanks and healers for?"

I've already decided that I won't be playing tanks or healers in next season, no matter how much will people cry. I realize I will have people cry at hero select screen already because I play Widow but you know what? I don't give a shit anymore.

At the end of the day Overwatch is just a game, SR is just a number and I know I will never be in OWL. Why do I event want higher SR? Because it will be something I can brag about and make my life complete? No, just no.

Welcome to the real world.

Don't let anyone in Overwatch dictate to you.

I prefer support characters but spend half my time tanking because we have 3-4 guys who refuse to work together and are quick to lock in more traditional fps-oriented characters.

Don't tell me that this is an FPS so you're playing an FPS character and then demand that I heal you. Don't cry "Tank! Tank!" If you're unwilling to play anything but counter-strike. Don't micromanage my play based on what you see in OWL if you're not part of it.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, tying cosmetic items that people want to competitive play is just the worst, running into tons of folks still doing their placement matches and complaining that they'd rather be playing Fortnite. I understand that the goal of gold guns is like, Player Engagement, but it's no fun playing against people who are only begrudgingly booting up the game for loot.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, tying cosmetic items that people want to competitive play is just the worst, running into tons of folks still doing their placement matches and complaining that they'd rather be playing Fortnite. I understand that the goal of gold guns is like, Player Engagement, but it's no fun playing against people who are only begrudgingly booting up the game for loot.
I genuinely don't understand those folks.

THe golden guns are ugly in almost all costumes. I have a few and I use none of them.

I could understand wanting to do get something nice, but the golden guns are fugly

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hanzo doesn't even need cybernetic augmentation to perform those sick ninja skills, superior brother confirmed.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I kind of wish there were more wide open maps that just forced complete all out brawls, I think a major problem is that the game doesn't have enough modes that condition players to play more aggressively, which is a major problem with randoms in this game. Not really in the sense of pulling too far ahead, but in team fights I see all too often players (as a team) too chicken to just go in for the kill on a player or just completely tuned out to what's going on around them. If an enemy is booking it back to their side of the map, they are probably can be killed in one shot.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the real world.

Don't let anyone in Overwatch dictate to you.

I prefer support characters but spend half my time tanking because we have 3-4 guys who refuse to work together and are quick to lock in more traditional fps-oriented characters.

Don't tell me that this is an FPS so you're playing an FPS character and then demand that I heal you. Don't cry "Tank! Tank!" If you're unwilling to play anything but counter-strike. Don't micromanage my play based on what you see in OWL if you're not part of it.

I've noticed that if a team is okay going out the gate with no healers or tanks, they are USUALLY not good enough players in general, so switching to those roles won't make a difference. Not saying I continue playing as a DPS or whatever, but if I notice the final team pick being poor after tabbing back ad I switch to fill, its still going to be a stomp.

Syntax

Oct 31, 2017
That's true but it doesn't make it any less grating having hypocrites try and tell you how to spend your leisure time.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm tired of being a good teammate. Most games I try to fill, but I find myself always having to choose between healer or tank. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being the only healer on a 3 dps team. I'm tired of solo tanking on a 3 dps team. I'm tired of politely asking players to fill out the team. I want to play DPS sometimes, too. I blame Blizzard for not encouraging playing time on multiple heroes or classes. I blame the community for being a bunch of selfish assholes. The sad part is, I love this game when I find a good team that works together, and I'm always looking for it when the game starts, but it happens ~10% of the time. So you know what? "If you cant beat em, join em." I'm either going to quit playing this game all together or I'm just going to do whatever I feel like when I play. So, at least for now, I'm going to try option 2. You assholes made me this way, now I hope you have to deal with me in game, like I had to deal with you.

Why would I flex for 5 random people on the internet if they never do it for me? Why is my fun worth less so that I am willing to throw it away just to make a decent composition while others are wanking off on their mains? Screw that. I love playing this game and every time I queue, I hope we can get something decent together but it's starting to take its toll on me. I don't even enjoy tanks and healers much but I play them because somebody has to do the job I guess.

The worst is when your dps run away and you're then just sitting on payload asking yourself "who the fuck do I even play tanks and healers for?"

I've already decided that I won't be playing tanks or healers in next season, no matter how much will people cry. I realize I will have people cry at hero select screen already because I play Widow but you know what? I don't give a shit anymore.

At the end of the day Overwatch is just a game, SR is just a number and I know I will never be in OWL. Why do I event want higher SR? Because it will be something I can brag about and make my life complete? No, just no.

DPS main origin story. But seriously I think sometimes you just have to say fuck it and be that 3rd DPS. Don't let other people take the fun out of the game for you. 3 DPS can still surprisingly win a lot.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Had to buy 3 skins, my credit wallet is empty but my hearts is full of joy(and buyers remorse)

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Is flashbang bugged? I had a match where I flashed a retreating reaper who was not wraithing and he just ate it, like a defense matrix, like there was no flash or anything.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon
denied 2 ults back to back with sleep. long range dart from bottom right with a soldier on the left high ground. he ran in a straight line and i went ahed and calculated it. BOOM lol.
after dart got off CD and im still right side. genji decided to blade and dash right into my sleep dart. lol.

but overall i landed so many sleeps. mainly on the tracer. i did a 360 sleep shot and hit someone as i was running away lol

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wish there were more wide open maps that just forced complete all out brawls, I think a major problem is that the game doesn't have enough modes that condition players to play more aggressively, which is a major problem with randoms in this game. Not really in the sense of pulling too far ahead, but in team fights I see all too often players (as a team) too chicken to just go in for the kill on a player or just completely tuned out to what's going on around them. If an enemy is booking it back to their side of the map, they are probably can be killed in one shot.

I see this all the time. "The enemy is at 1hp but running away, I'll just take that as a win and not chase him down to finish".

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Had a fun game:
unknown.png

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Bring on S10 so i can use my golden weapon for brigitte

also anyone think blizz should move the health bar where zen shows his for mercy? like placing it right in the center with everything is hard to see sometimes. having it off to the side would be nice.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Just watched a guy on Kephrii's stream be Mei and intentionally wall/ice block in front of his Widowmaker to stop his shots, then switched to D.Va to block his vision and spammed hi continuously.

What compels people to do that sort of thing? Are they really that hard up for attention? Do they really think it's funny?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched a guy on Kephrii's stream be Mei and intentionally wall/ice block in front of his Widowmaker to stop his shots, then switched to D.Va to block his vision and spammed hi continuously.

What compels people to do that sort of thing? Are they really that hard up for attention? Do they really think it's funny?
last day of comp. gotta cause people to lose sr

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Stream snipers are attention whores. So yea.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
Bring on S10 so i can use my golden weapon for brigitte

also anyone think blizz should move the health bar where zen shows his for mercy? like placing it right in the center with everything is hard to see sometimes. having it off to the side would be nice.

No, I want Zen's in the center. I don't bother to look at it because it's too far away. I use sound cues for knowing when the healing orb has topped someone off anyway if I can't see them.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Dick move but it is Kephrii...so I'm kinda torn

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
No, I want Zen's in the center. I don't bother to look at it because it's too far away. I use sound cues for knowing when the healing orb has topped someone off anyway if I can't see them.
the center is terrible spot since that's where all the fx happens. it blends in with the screen. thats why i have a hard time seeing it even with the size of the healthbar and name.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017

Kephrii deserves it

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, so Goodman is saying Symm rework could involve healing to keep her in Support or do more DPS to fit her in Defense. Neat.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
where did you see this?

https://pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-brigitte-anti-dive

"Geoff Goodman: We're looking at reworking Symmetra in the short term and then Torbjorn down the line a bit more. It's not an explicit goal to be constantly reworking older heroes to keep up with the current game, but sometimes when we look at these heroes we can see that they would fit much better into the current game with more significant gameplay changes, rather than just balance tweaks. For example, Symmetra is our only non-healing Support. She feels difficult to fit onto a team of 6, especially when you're typically building around a 2 damage, 2 tank, and 2 healer team. I don't have a ton of details for what we're doing with her yet (as we're still iterating on her heavily internally), but we started looking at her with the base idea that she should either be able to heal and stay in the Support role, or be given more damage viability and moved to the Defense role."

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I figured by a week before the event ends people would have figured out how to complete it on Legendary by now, but nope, people still do the same stupid shit they were doing on the first day of the event. People still have no idea how to exploit the Heavys.

Status
Not open for further replies.