• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
*cries in portuguese*

I'm sticking to jazzy and equalizer tho
If Bit-Rate has some awesome effect, I'm gonna alternate between it and Jazzy. Also, the length of time I use Jazzy is gonna depend on how long I can stand the Amp bit of crazy horns. xD

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If Bit-Rate has some awesome effect, I'm gonna alternate between it and Jazzy. Also, the length of time I use Jazzy is gonna depend on how long I can stand the Amp bit of crazy horns. xD
I miss jazzy so much, used it the whole year and only changed to equalizer because "i asked for it and now i gotta use it"( i wanted the green version of equalizer if the pants were not going to change colors ;-;)

Maybe bit-rate is getting chiptunes?

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I miss jazzy so much, used it the whole year and only changed to equalizer because "i asked for it and now i gotta use it"( i wanted the green version of equalizer if the pants were not going to change colors ;-;)

Maybe bit-rate is getting chiptunes?
Why did they stop making alt colors of Epics and Legendaries? I love blue Equalizer. x.x

AND BIT-RATE BETTER GET CHIPTUNES.

Core

Oct 30, 2017
I love this tier: Doomfist, Orisa, Junkrat

I didn't ask for this but ok: Symmetra, Brigitte, Mccree

MY EYES HURT SO MUCH: Everything else.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Why did they stop making alt colors of Epics and Legendaries? I love blue Equalizer. x.x

AND BIT-RATE BETTER GET CHIPTUNES.
Speed equalizer ain't there because they fucked up giving capoeira green pants. Everyone and their mother should know capoeira clothes are white by just doing a google search lol

I love this tier: Doomfist, Orisa, Junkrat

I didn't ask for this but ok: Symmetra, Brigitte, Mccree

MY EYES HURT SO MUCH: Everything else.
Neonwatch

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Speed equalizer ain't there because they fucked up giving capoeira green pants. Everyone and their mother should know capoeira clothes are white by just doing a google search lol
I've seen some Capoeira edits on Tumblr that give him all white clothes...

But I like the colorful version more? 8'D.....

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
;~; I know it does. It is just a very basic aesthetic preference.

Granted, if I ever get on with doing my cosplay of it, I should make it white.
Sweet <3, i liked the green tone because i thought we wouldn't get equalizer, now I dread it for two reasons lol

Petra looks so cool!
The map has some light and dark theme going on and I LOVE IT

Hope there's some lore in those screens...

Also the OWL announcement flopped hard right?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
most of the male roster has a shirtless skin at this point

seems kind of unfair to complain about symmetra skin

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Being shirtless as a man has a far more benign connotation than showing that much leg as a woman though.

Core

Oct 30, 2017
most of the male roster has a shirtless skin at this point

seems kind of unfair to complain about symmetra skin
It's not though, like Nepenthe said, shirtless men do not have the same connotation as shirtless women, or even women showing their legs.

People have to make entire campaigns to convince people that women showing skin aren't "Invinting" anyone to have sex with them, the same is not needed for men.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
She totally does.

Too bad I'm a filthy Lucio main and am going to throw my money there first, and then plan to see how much I need to recover before Summer.

At least it's only 750. I like Lucio too. I really hope his glasses have animation. Might be one of my most used Lucio skins if that's the case.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought that the sexual fanservice was generally well done in Overwatch. Widowmaker is obviously the most heavily titillating of the female characters, but her archtype is the femme fatale and everything plays into that. You can debate whether the archtype itself has merit beyond titillation, but since all the OW characters are based off one archtype or another, you can argue that she's being treated fairly. Plus, the fact that the other female characters aren't all given sexualized skins helps make her sexualization her own character trait rather than "She's a woman, so we gotta have her show some skin". I wouldn't say it's perfect because some sexualization is unnecessary. No reason for Tracers pants to ride up her ass that much, and Mercy can be awfully fanservicey herself without it seeming being part of her characterization. But it's overall pretty good.

Symmetra has always kinda been the exception. In her characterization, she comes off as highly rule crazy and stringent because of her nature and profession. As a result, it's always made me wonder why her outfit would have short shorts and stockings. And this doesn't help. If they wanted a Zatanna/Magician-esque skin, they could have done so without being overly sexualized. Like actual Zatanna from Young Justice.

latest

That looks fine to me. Maybe still a bit sexualized, but she looks like she's actually wearing pants atleast. This small change would have been for the better, imo.

JJoNak

Oct 25, 2017
Pensacola, Florida
That Brigitte skin is so cool! So is the Orissa skin. One skin that I don't really dig that much is the Sym skin. She looks like she came straight from a Playboy magazine. The arm is also really weird and I'm not to fond of it.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is the legendary in the free box we'll get a guaranteed Anniversary one? In other words, no legendary from past events or from the base loot?
If so... if i'm still missing some skins from last year Anniversary, I should probably buy them before opening the free box right? Since they are less expensive and getting a 1k skin from the box rather than a 3k one would kinda suck.

Edit : damn... I'm missing 5 skins from last year and I only got 5k... forget about it. :(

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
At least it's only 750. I like Lucio too. I really hope his glasses have animation. Might be one of my most used Lucio skins if that's the case.
Well, I need to get Jazzy too, so that's another 1k. Then all of his emotes, sprays, and lines, and if it's available, his soccer spray. So maybe another 300 or so? I've got 5k saved up, so if I buy out Lucio and Orisa's new skin, I'm looking at a tight wallet, and if he gets something cool for summer, I might be a bit fucked.

Gotta plan for the future yo.

JJoNak

Oct 25, 2017
Pensacola, Florida
Torb's skin is probably worst new skin. Looks like a mess.
You don't think Tracer's is bad?

Is the legendary in the free box we'll get a guaranteed Anniversary one? In other words, no legendary from past events or from the base loot?
If so... if i'm still missing some skins from last year Anniversary, I should probably buy them before opening the free box right? Since they are less expensive and getting a 1k skin from the box rather than a 3k one would kinda suck.

If it was like the last legendary box, it'll be random. I would hope at the very least it's a guaranteed event skin.

JJoNak

Oct 25, 2017
Pensacola, Florida
Yeah, I don't mind torb, but Lightning looks straight up like some foriegn knock off.

"Here's Tracey from Overseer!"
I'm dead

Nah, Tracer is just her new hairstyle. Not a big deal. The Torb looks like some kid vomited out random designs.
I don't mind Torb's but I'm also not a fan of it either. I respect your opinion about it. I think if I were to change anything, making Tracer's hair cyan or perhaps just changing her hair and make it like her default one would be fine. The rest of the outfit is cool.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've always thought that the sexual fanservice was generally well done in Overwatch. Widowmaker is obviously the most heavily titillating of the female characters, but her archtype is the femme fatale and everything plays into that. You can debate whether the archtype itself has merit beyond titillation, but since all the OW characters are based off one archtype or another, you can argue that she's being treated fairly. Plus, the fact that the other female characters aren't all given sexualized skins helps make her sexualization her own character trait rather than "She's a woman, so we gotta have her show some skin". I wouldn't say it's perfect because some sexualization is unnecessary. No reason for Tracers pants to ride up her ass that much, and Mercy can be awfully fanservicey herself without it seeming being part of her characterization. But it's overall pretty good.

Symmetra has always kinda been the exception. In her characterization, she comes off as highly rule crazy and stringent because of her nature and profession. As a result, it's always made me wonder why her outfit would have short shorts and stockings. And this doesn't help. If they wanted a Zatanna/Magician-esque skin, they could have done so without being overly sexualized. Like actual Zatanna from Young Justice.

latest

That looks fine to me. Maybe still a bit sexualized, but she looks like she's actually wearing pants atleast. This small change would have been for the better, imo.
Symmetra's default skin design fails to communicate her role as an architech or multinational employee it focus instead on communicating her as a dancer, and though that makes her sorta interesting, it kinda pushes her to sexualization quite a lot, when that should be a really small part of her character

This young justice Zatana is pretty great and had them took it as an startin point the skin would look much better, but since it clashes with the dancer part they are going to ruin it with some sexualized inspirations because of her dancer shticks :|(and because they are too lazy to make new assets because they clearly used her default boots).

About widow, nothing wrong with having a proper femme fatale, but until recently she seemed to have no agency whatsoever and those are pretty bad tropes to put together as it could mean she's not only a brainwashed killer but could also be used for... other... reasons... Luckly they are trying to fix that and make her her own character. Can't say I like some angles her highlight screens show, but she does have some classy skins that don't need the cleavege to look sexy af o- o. Nowhere in Symm's bio sells her story as a sexualized character like widow though, which makes her default and now her magician skin sketchy :/.

But yeah, OWs sexualizations are usually more tasteful than other game's, that's why this skin is a huge punch in the stomach to me =\ that's touching fetish tier.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Symmetra stays getting some of the best skins in the game. Gay icon.

Orisas skin is wild too! Love hers!

Also lmfao at Moira's cybergoth dance

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Symmetra's default skin design fails to communicate her role as an architech or multinational employee it focus instead on communicating her as a dancer, and though that makes her sorta interesting, it kinda pushes her to sexualization quite a lot, when that should be a really small part of her character

This young justice Zatana is pretty great and had them took it as an startin point the skin would look much better, but since it clashes with the dancer part they are going to ruin it with some sexualized inspirations because of her dancer shticks :|(and because they are too lazy to make new assets because they clearly used her default boots).

About widow, nothing wrong with having a proper femme fatale, but until recently she seemed to have no agency whatsoever and those are pretty bad tropes to put together as it could mean she's not only a brainwashed killer but could also be used for... other... reasons... Luckly they are trying to fix that and make her her own character. Can't say I like some angles her highlight screens show, but she does have some classy skins that don't need the cleavege to look sexy af o- o. Nowhere in Symm's bio sells her story as a sexualized character like widow though, which makes her default and now her magician skin sketchy :/.

But yeah, OWs sexualizations are usually more tasteful than other game's, that's why this skin is a huge punch in the stomach to me =\ that's touching fetish tier.

In Heroes of the Storm, Tracer got a cute swimwear skin & they went all out with the effects (her pulse bomb explodes like a water balloon, her pulse pistols are water guns, etc.), & it's one of those skins that they could've been sleazy about, but it's one of the best skins they've designed for the character.

latest

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
In Heroes of the Storm, Tracer got a cute swimwear skin & they went all out with the effects (her pulse bomb explodes like a water balloon, her pulse pistols are water guns, etc.), & it's one of those skins that they could've been sleazy about, but it's one of the best skins they've designed for the character.

latest
Goddamn she looks awesome, it's like the summer games skin!(which shows her whole belly yet doesn't feel sexualized at all )

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
New Sym is pretty nice though there's no beating Dragon.

Orisa is pretty cool but not 3000 cool. Hope I get lucky but with so many shit in lootboxes I'm not counting on it.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd see a Royal Wedding pic in this thread!

Symm would look cool in that outfit

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I still hope one day we get Maskerade Reaper.

"Considering Reaper had no idea what Vialli looked like, there's a good chance he's never actually sat at the Talon round table shadowy board of directors thing before and this rufflepuff masquerade costume was their first time experiencing him in person."

2017-07-17.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Someone give Symm this outfit.

PLEASE BLIZZARD ;o;
I still hope one day we get Maskerade Reaper.

"Considering Reaper had no idea what Vialli looked like, there's a good chance he's never actually sat at the Talon round table shadowy board of directors thing before and this rufflepuff masquerade costume was their first time experiencing him in person."

2017-07-17.jpg
too bad skulls aren't allowed on china :(

Wait... vialli's death got him promoted?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.