• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Why does brig have a bear head on her shoulder? Is that supposed to be a real dead bear cuz boooooo.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Why does brig have a bear head on her shoulder? Is that supposed to be a real dead bear cuz boooooo.

What's truly strange, is that bears are not featured much in Norse mythology, at least when it comes to the stories involving the Norse Gods. There is the story of Hrólf Kraki (think the Norse version of Beowulf), where a great bear had fought in his steed when Hrólf had fallen asleep.

EDIT: An online friend had mentioned that Brigitte's bear pelt could be a reference to the term berserker.

"It comes from Old Norse berserkr (plural berserkir), meaning literally "bear skin" or "bare skin", alluding either to wearing the "skin" of a bear, i.e. to be bear-like in rage and strength, usually in battle, or to the habit of berserkers going into battle unarmoured, or often, completely naked. Some berserks also took names with björn in them in reference to a bear."

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Orisas skin is great yet I hate orisa...hmmmm hard to spend 3000 coins on that. I like to actually get it from a loot box, not sure if that happens anymore though with my last event luck.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It should be genjis head

britney-laugh-radio-giirz1.gif

I SCREAMED!
Thank you for the laughs.

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like one of my biggest annoyances of this season has to be the dumbasses in High Masters who think Hanzo+Widow is a viable offensive composition. I'm totally fine with Hanzo, but with Widow we are totally lacking close range damage and both of them basically need to be on point at aiming or the tanks and healers get swarmed.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else get disappointed when we get cool looking arcade mode maps from new locations around the world with new aesthetics and assets?

I wish I could play a standard KotH in comp on those instead, because I like their look.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Does anyone else get disappointed when we get cool looking arcade mode maps from new locations around the world with new aesthetics and assets?

I wish I could play a standard KotH in comp on those instead, because I like their look.

I just wrote the same thing in other thread.
That map is soooo cool and i am really sad that it's DM only. That really sucks.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I wish they'd just add play lists based on map type.

I just want to play KOTH all day and boop motherfuckers into holes.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just wrote the same thing in other thread.
That map is soooo cool and i am really sad that it's DM only. That really sucks.

I personally don't have an issue with it, as I've been playing a lot more FFA Deathmatch as of late, and I wouldn't mind another map that complements Ecopoint: Antarctica, Necropolis, Castillo, Black Forest, Chateau, & Ayutthaya.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
In the case for me, I have 160-ish hours on the DJ.

I had to bench him, as Moira and Brigitte are too vicious to fight against.

True. I've done really well with Moira and I'm learning Brigitte. I'd say my top 3 for comp are Moira, Mercy, then Lucio, but I haven't played Lucio in comp since season 8.

In comp I've become a Moira one trick ever since the Mercy nerfs, so I need to branch out a bit.

Lol, that gap between Lucio and the #2 is hilarious. 281 hours and next is 19. I mean Lucio is fun to play, but I like too many other heroes to just play only one.

I do have a lot of heroes below 1 hour, but its a little more spread out.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/turbobrick-1386

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

I'm only disappointed at non lore maps(LOOKING AT YOU BLIZZARDWORLD). Chateau felt empty, so i dig Petra a lot.

Oct 28, 2017
They need to make a map that lets you run on walls and ceilings. I wanna see a Pharah rocket into the air and get an upside down Rein hammer to the face.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, that gap between Lucio and the #2 is hilarious. 281 hours and next is 19. I mean Lucio is fun to play, but I like too many other heroes to just play only one.

I do have a lot of heroes below 1 hour, but its a little more spread out.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/turbobrick-1386

Haha, I've just really fallen into the character. I started on him when supports were lacking, and the nature of his kit keeps me mentally engaged. I'm always moving, always strategizing, always thinking about something, and considering my rank I'm nowhere near his skill ceiling. He's an addictive little frog to play.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I keep dropping and the games are pretty bad today, nothing builds confidence like your tracer dying in the first 5 seconds of a dorado defense.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

Think I'm at around 400 with Zen, 200 with Roadhog, 160 with Symmetra and then it drops off to low double digits. I think I still have a dash for Hanzo's playtime.

Some fun matches today. A few losses in the matches where we couldn't get more than 1 tank or healer. I beat my record for Environmental kills getting 10 on Ilios with Roadhog. 9 with hooks and 1 with Whole Hog.

Last edited:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Came back to the game to try the reworked Hanzo. I liked what I saw since hes my main but man why the hell everybody is suddenly Genji and Hanzo?

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing ingame will ever feel more hype to me than Shield Bashing a Reinhardt while he is in the middle of saying the "Earth" portion of "Earthshatter".

Landed one today before he even got the 3rd or 4th letter out and all i heard was one of my teammates yelling "THAT WAS DISGUSTING!" before he landed a quad kill D.va bomb.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, does anyone know what time Chu will kill me/break my heart on the stream tonight?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, does anyone know what time Chu will kill me/break my heart on the stream tonight?
He wont, you missed it :p

Just some stop motion video to celebrate and they've shown petra. You can break the floor in petra

Also they revealed the symm skin in a video that didn't show less covered parts lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Came back to the game to try the reworked Hanzo. I liked what I saw since hes my main but man why the hell everybody is suddenly Genji and Hanzo?
Hanzo is too good right now and even got a PTR nerf because he could oneshot heroes with some damage boost and storm arrows(whitch is freaking crazy) , as for Genji... i have no idea lol.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I'm almost in tears from how cute the short was Jesus Christ Blizzard.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
So I am late on the Twitch-Drops for the Mercy-event and right now absolutely none of the streamers is streaming. Does watching a replay count? Or does it count if they host someone who stream OW?

Status
Not open for further replies.