• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Recently got back into this game and am loving the new heroes, particularly Moira and Orisa (as a support/tank main at heart).

I really want a new skin for Moira, but the only one I like is the Blackwatch one.
Do we know when the next Archives Event is, and how does one go about acquiring these super cool skins?

Thanks!

Good news. With the Anniversary Event that's happening tomorrow, you can get a chance to get Blackwatch Moira, along with Uprising and Retribution being playable in the arcade. It will cost you 3000 coins, however, so I hope you're down to grind (or hope for the RNG Gods be in your favour).

Otherwise, the Archives Event will return next April.

I was hyped to get in and start grabbing those anniversary skins, but ofc they won't update the game their regular reset time. Sigh...

Do we have an ETA?

The changes will probably be up at around noon.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a placebo, I care about winning on my alt account but if something is hard/soft throwing, it doesn't bother me. I've left games on my alt when the throwers go 100% hard throw, I'd rather take the penalty and not waste my time if the people in the game don't care.

Also, it's nice that some people will trust you on DPS (if it's a DPS account), whereas on my main it's "you don't play ______, can you go healer or tank????".

wtf i thought you stopped playing OW? I never see you on

Jan 10, 2018
Good news. With the Anniversary Event that's happening tomorrow, you can get a chance to get Blackwatch Moira, along with Uprising and Retribution being playable in the arcade. It will cost you 3000 coins, however, so I hope you're down to grind (or hope for the RNG Gods be in your favour).

The changes will probably be up at around noon.

Ok, sweet. Thank you!

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

Aw great, thanks! I just checked the Wiki and it says returning skins are 1000 coins. That doesn't sound too bad if true... That BW Moira is too cool!

Is it generally more profitable to grind PvE events rather than QP over and over? I'm level 57 now, so my "prestige" exp still goes up at a decent rate.

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
Aw great, thanks! I just checked the Wiki and it says returning skins are 1000 coins. That doesn't sound too bad if true... That BW Moira is too cool!

Is it generally more profitable to grind PvE events rather than QP over and over? I'm level 57 now, so my "prestige" exp still goes up at a decent rate.

If the skins were from 2018 events then they're still going to be 3K apparently

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017

Only benefits of arcade are the 3 loot boxes you get from completing 9 wins total for the week. Or completing certain arcade modes for the first time(it will indicate loot box available accordingly)

You don't get more xp from doing qp or arcade. You do get 20% exp bonus from grouping up though

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
had someone named "pickmercypls" telling me to switch off moira and play mercy. saying i was running out of juice and our tank was dying. and how he didn't die once during attack.

checked overwatch.gg he was the weak link of the dps side. zen did more work than him (Was nice to defend me). our hanzo had more kills than them and when it was defense he made sure to pick hanzo so it make it look like he was the hanzo during the attack round lol
tank died because our rein wasn't in coms so he would play so aggressive right into them. not chasing that thing.

we did win the game. after we won he was in all chat saying pro tip don't play assassin moira. trying to make it look like i was too busy not healing letting the tank die. in the end when the screen popped up with 18k healing card . he didn't say anything and just left the game.

regardless me playing mercy wouldn't haven't done much. it would just extend the death of the team.

I love when I get the card for heals after Rambo DPS are like "no heals!!"

I need to buy Grillmaster 76 or whatever it's called. On PC I literally have no Soldier skins and he's my go to DPS lol.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
had someone named "pickmercypls" telling me to switch off moira and play mercy. saying i was running out of juice and our tank was dying. and how he didn't die once during attack.

checked overwatch.gg he was the weak link of the dps side. zen did more work than him (Was nice to defend me). our hanzo had more kills than them and when it was defense he made sure to pick hanzo so it make it look like he was the hanzo during the attack round lol
tank died because our rein wasn't in coms so he would play so aggressive right into them. not chasing that thing.

we did win the game. after we won he was in all chat saying pro tip don't play assassin moira. trying to make it look like i was too busy not healing letting the tank die. in the end when the screen popped up with 18k healing card . he didn't say anything and just left the game.

regardless me playing mercy wouldn't haven't done much. it would just extend the death of the team.

Had some games like that before. Gotta love when randoms bitch and moan about my performance and then I get the card at the end with most kill streaks.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I was solo healing as mercy and the team did that troll mercy everyone say I need healing the entire game...we won but it was annoying. Next game was a disaster of the enemy having a strong comp and us going brig, lucio, Sombra koth.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Today is the anniversary event anyone hyped for it? I'm so sad they didn't make a new Rein skin though, feels him and most doesn't get much love from Blizz
He is the only one who got a skin outside any event tho, sorry, two skins

But yeah repteating skins is a bit lame, I think Symm only got that half baked one because they needed to rush something for the rework

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
His duo was probably like "gawd, please stop embarrassing me"
doesn't matter now. already have him on avoid. but the rein/zarya would have worked if rein didn't play overly aggressive charging right past the tanks into the rest of the team just to be deleted.

the whole match was COD (die and repeat) lol

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
doesn't matter now. already have him on avoid. but the rein/zarya would have worked if rein didn't play overly aggressive charging right past the tanks into the rest of the team just to be deleted.

the whole match was COD (die and repeat) lol

I deleted a guy off my FL because he was pretty toxic with randoms and his own friends. His own friend actually got pissed and left the match after it ended cuz he was being so bossy and blaming everyone for being bad. When he kept inviting me to games and joining groups I was with, I had enough after some bad sessions. I think I lost a lot of games with him because he was so toxic. It was amusing at first but it turns out he's always like that and I'm not a fan of anyone who is toxic.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I deleted a guy off my FL because he was pretty toxic with randoms and his own friends. His own friend actually got pissed and left the match after it ended cuz he was being so bossy and blaming everyone for being bad. When he kept inviting me to games and joining groups I was with, I had enough after some bad sessions. I think I lost a lot of games with him because he was so toxic. It was amusing at first but it turns out he's always like that and I'm not a fan of anyone who is toxic.
speaking of add. i add people. don't even play with them after LOL. RIP ps4. i need to do s10 placements or i think i already did.

i think i'll just not care about sr for a bit. if the team decides to stay grouped i'll volunteer to stay.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
No
LGXsBve.gif

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of add. i add people. don't even play with them after LOL. RIP ps4. i need to do s10 placements or i think i already did.

i think i'll just not care about sr for a bit. if the team decides to stay grouped i'll volunteer to stay.

I also don't care about SR anymore. Getting mad over stupid numbers is not worth it. You get so many throwers or bad teammates, it's almost impossible to control my SR anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.