• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
O

P

A

F

A 3.6:1 K/D ratio for a support... with healing that matches my average for Ana. Actually nuts. My deaths are tracking well below any of the other healers, due to the Fade ability. I can't understate how powerful she is.

siEld2h.png

With Zenyatta I average 21 elims, 9.5 deaths, 9K damage and 8.5K healing.
Teach me

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Finally tried Moira. A few thoughts:

- Her primary fire is so much less sticky than I thought it was. I heard it was a cross between Zarya and Symm, but it's heavily leaning towards Zarya.
- Having orbs being tied to one of the shoulder buttons, then the option to choose which orb tied to both shoulder buttons has been quite confusing thus far. I've accidentally teleported several times trying to summon the healing orb.
- The healing spray does not have a whole lot of feedback, sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm actually healing anyone.

Other than that, I liked her a lot. She does a shit-ton of healing and balancing the DPS/self-heal/reload with actually healing your team is going to be a fun challenge. Learning to aim those balls and knowing when to use them is also something I see being really enjoyable. Overall, I look forward to bringing her into comp when people grow bored of her. I know I say I'll main each new hero every time they get released, often without follow-through, but I think I might actually be able to with Moira.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much had Moira all to myself tonight. Instalocked her pretty quickly. Got one trophy. She's fun and pretty powerful. Got used to her kit pretty quickly. Def a hero I will main aside from Zen for Support. Was thinking of getting golden weapons for her but you barely see them so I'll get it for another hero later instead.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Finally tried Moira. A few thoughts:

- Her primary fire is so much less sticky than I thought it was. I heard it was a cross between Zarya and Symm, but it's heavily leaning towards Zarya.
- Having orbs being tied to one of the shoulder buttons, then the option to choose which orb tied to both shoulder buttons has been quite confusing thus far. I've accidentally teleported several times trying to summon the healing orb.
- The healing spray does not have a whole lot of feedback, sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm actually healing anyone.

Other than that, I liked her a lot. She does a shit-ton of healing and balancing the DPS/self-heal/reload with actually healing your team is going to be a fun challenge. Learning to aim those balls and knowing when to use them is also something I see being really enjoyable. Overall, I look forward to bringing her into comp when people grow bored of her. I know I say I'll main each new hero every time they get released, often without follow-through, but I think I might actually be able to with Moira.

The only thing that keeps me from maining new characters is being awful with them. I'd be Ana right now if I could actually heal people. Moira will definitely go into the comp character pool.

Im having fun with hog now, probably my go to tank until this zen/Lucio combo dies next week when no one can resist Moira. Rein with those two is the worst and probably not a good idea to begin with.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that keeps me from maining new characters is being awful with them. I'd be Ana right now if I could actually heal people. Moira will definitely go into the comp character pool.
What stopped me was that I was never good enough with them to offset the fact that they were introduced as pretty weak, meta-wise. I tried my damndest to make Sombra work for months before I gave up. I never really got the hang of Orisa. I played quite a bit of Doomfist on comp defence, but then he got nerfed. So hopefully Moira will actually gel with me

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I am enjoying Moira alot but at the end of the day it's QP. I need comp to truly test her out.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I can't tell if the matchmaking system hates me or if I'm just playing like trash. I mean I played QP for like 3 hours tonight and won maybe 30% of the games I played. Same thing for like the past two weekends. I can't tell if I suck or my team sucks.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Got horribly wrecked in my first PC sessions after playing in console and now I'm not sure if I should buy the game on there. Some Hanzo player killed me like five times straight and I swear he was chasing me. PC players are crazy good.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Some guy on the enemy team just got a card both for 38 kills and 68% kill participation with Moira.

Indeed.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Man comp is hard solo. My first season doing this and I started 2694 and now km at 2100. No one to play with on Xbox, this is killing me lol.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
So glad Mercy meta is dead and buried. Seeing a huge rise in double healer again and it's very strange getting used to having enemies ignoring Mercy and focusing on me when I play Ana/Zen instead. Not got a chance to play Moria yet but she feels really good to use in practice, I'll probably just wait until the new hero rush dies down and start using her in comp when she's available. First time I've felt 100% confident in one of the new characters to not need to quickplay with em first.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Got horribly wrecked in my first PC sessions after playing in console and now I'm not sure if I should buy the game on there. Some Hanzo player killed me like five times straight and I swear he was chasing me. PC players are crazy good.
It was probably a smurf, i play the game on PC at free weekends since i don't have a good pc for the game yet and I refrain from playing heroes that i'm good at/don't rely heavily on movement because I feel like a freaking smurf and ruin the fun for people.
it used to feel fair when I didn't know how to play with kb&m

Moira feels OPAF, even on PC where my mechanics still suck I feel like it's pretty easy to just wrecking ball maps... She is insane and almost as fun as Symmetra... Problem is, I got used to her so fast I'm trying to fade with other characters as well...

I'm probably maining her after all... But I feel I should increase my zen playtime because I've been melting teams since junkenstein =_=...

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a card in competitive for being 61% of the match on fire.

We lost that game.

I hate overwatch

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
XQC got banned mid-game (comp).

WTF is blizzard doing? Don't they have a system that can only apply a ban when the player is not on a match or finish one?

Instead they fucked up 5 other players.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I see there's a lot of unity in this community's opinion.

That's because we actually play the game and are contextually involved with that decision, we are literally the Overwatch community.

That thread is full of people who don't play the game/used to/have an issue with Blizzard/and last but not least full on 'in-theory' defenders.

I have an open invitation for those people still; I'm more than happy to make a Sym only account and for them to play with me in comp, extensively not just one or two matches, and they can't quit if we start losing matches because muh $60 muh game muh play how I want to. If they really believe and support it they should be more than happy to let me play with them regularly but only as Sym.

-----

On another note checked some of my win rates this season and somehow my Soldier is at 13%... Despite every time I use him playing really well and ending up with 3+ golds and consistently forcing an opposing Pharah to switch off. Goddamn the team's I'm paired with. I'm really shocked at how low it was when I generally am a pretty good Soldier player.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Moira should be nerfed until people actually understand the character

Ana got buffed after a week of her release and look what happened with her.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I see there's a lot of unity in this community's opinion.

I think that's a reflection of the fact that we actually play the game, and understand the context. Flexing is, for the most part, the optimal strategy to win. One-tricking, if sub-optimal, forces the entirety of the rest of the team to change their own hero picks to compensate for the OTP. Proper compensation, of course, skews the data for when the OTP actually really contributed vs. when they were carried by their team. Yet, I saw people in the Gaming thread compare this to maining a hero in a fighting game, which isn't comparable.

Flexing is fine. Maining is fine. Never switching at all is not fine.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moira slays a bit, I really like her. I just wish she had a liiiittle bit more R2 heal. Would be okay with a small damage nerf in exchange, but her healing seems pretty strong already

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm glad we have a new character that people are actually discussing nerfing, everyone since Ana has been consistently underpowered. I bet people would call for nerfs on half the OG cast if they were released as new heroes in their current state. Personally I hope she sticks around, Mercy meta has been a lowpoint of this game for me.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
looks like my corsair mouse is reconnecting whenever it wants to again.
tried forcing the update but nope. RIP. i pray it's just the mouse

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Okay 2 for 2 this morning on teams that only pick DPS Hanzo/Widow combo.

Lost Anibus in a minute and a half.

Let that sink in.

0-4

Every match has had a widow and Hanzo.

I don't mind one or the other but please...

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
"Aw yeah! Moira is out! Sorry Zen but I got a new healer!"

*Plays a couple of matches*

"............................."

*Goes back to Zen*

In all seriousness I need to learn to manage her energy tank.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
O

P

A

F

A 3.6:1 K/D ratio for a support... with healing that matches my average for Ana. Actually nuts. My deaths are tracking well below any of the other healers, due to the Fade ability. I can't understate how powerful she is.

siEld2h.png

With Zenyatta I average 21 elims, 9.5 deaths, 9K damage and 8.5K healing.
i need to play more games to have better understanding.

yesterday's qp game no one took out the sniper and junk. even though we had a dva. my death skewed the thing. oh well. it was just qp.

screenshot-www.overbuzque3.png

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to get into the free weekend (on XB1), and it keeps asking me for gold, any thoughts?

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
For now, I am mostly staying away from Moira. I played her enough to get a handle of her, but I have the distinct impression that she has a solid Nerf in her future. Her Escape, Healing and Damage range all need to be tweaked in one way or another.

I don't think Moira should be nerfed until people actually understand the character

Ana got buffed after a week of her release and look what happened with her.

I think even original flavor Ana was pretty OP, but yeah, Blizzard jumped the gun there.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to get into the free weekend (on XB1), and it keeps asking me for gold, any thoughts?
There's a deal for $1 gold (month) going on right now? On consoles you still need gold or plus to take part in the 'free' weekend.

I like that gorilla Winston. I don't know what I'm doing but I can create chaos and pretend like I do. I managed 20 kills to 5 deaths last game. Which for me is amazing.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a deal for $1 gold (month) going on right now? On consoles you still need gold or plus to take part in the 'free' weekend.

I like that gorilla Winston. I don't know what I'm doing but I can create chaos and pretend like I do. I managed 20 kills to 5 deaths last game. Which for me is amazing.
You want to leap on top of back rank heroes and pop your shield. Either harass them such that they can't support their team or kill them outright if their team abandons them. Get out when you have to and repeat.

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For now, I am mostly staying away from Moira. I played her enough to get a handle of her, but I have the distinct impression that she has a solid Nerf in her future. Her Escape, Healing and Damage range all need to be tweaked in one way or another.

I think even original flavor Ana was pretty OP, but yeah, Blizzard jumped the gun there.

Lol how so. Fade is kinda perfect, her healing isn't that straightforward (especially with the healing orb, if you re missing hp as Moira you gotta stick to the people you wanna heal since it will heal you first), for the rest she has the lowest dps out of all the heroes in the game, even if its a 20m range

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i just need to learn good fade jump spots so i can get around. i know there's video on youtube where there's people finding stuff out.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
PC community seems pretty good so far, I think the ease of communication makes a huge difference. I'm seeing people compliment someone on the enemy team quite often and in general it feels a bit more playful which is good.

Sygma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just need to learn good fade jump spots so i can get around. i know there's video on youtube where there's people finding stuff out.

basically any obstacle that's half moira's height

forward - fade + jump at the same time. you can climb walls too with strafe jumps

They can't remove that btw, its hardcoded in the game. you can do the same on doomfist / pharah with concussion

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Mercy rez is trash-tier now.

Keeping the speed, but making the cooldown super long would have made more sense if you ask me. You literally cant use rez now until your team clears the area fully. You cant clear the area fully without that last-ditch rez.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Playing defense on King's Row in Mystery Heroes last night, my team was doing a pretty good job of shutting down the enemy's attempts at taking the first point, and we had less than a minute to go and were feeling pretty good when...

"GET READY FOR A SHOCK!!!"

Triple kill, enemy team mops up the survivors to take the control point and starts moving the payload. We fight them for every inch to the second checkpoint, and then on the third point we get a good comp going and it looks like we're going to hold them to the final turn. The clock has less than thirty seconds to go and the music is playing when...

"GET READY FOR A SHOCK!!!"

Triple kill one more time, enemy team takes out the stragglers and walks the payload to the finish line without resistance.

I've read some people argue that ult charge should carry over in some form during Mystery Heroes, and I may have thought that myself a time or two; but imagining how unbalanced that would make Junkrat in this mode when ult charge already tips in his favor should make those folks reconsider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.