• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Oh fuck, I'm getting "analog drift" on my PS4, which leads to many cheap deaths in OverWatch. I googled some solutions....
  • use air-can / blow into analog holes
  • use Q-tip & alcohol to clean analog ports
....but none of those things helped. Has this hapened to anyone else and/or do you have a solution to fix it?
I still find his jump to be un-intuitive, as it's keyed on the crouch button and it feels awkward to usel. If that ability was keyed on the space bar (to press and hold, then release), it would make playing Baptiste more intuitive.
I agree, that's why I recommend changing Baptiste's control settings to "toggle crounch". It makes using Exo-boots less "awkward" since you only have to press crouch once instead of holding it.

SideNote: For console players (like me), I'd highly recommended using "toggle crouch" for Baptiste, it makes using Exo-boots much more intuitive, since we have limited buttons.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
h fuck, I'm getting "analog drift" on my PS4, which leads to many cheap deaths in OverWatch. I googled some solutions....
  • use air-can / blow into analog holes
  • use Q-tip & alcohol to clean analog ports
....but none of those things helped. Has this hapened to anyone else and/or do you have a solution to fix it?
Viking funeral for the controller, rip :/
If you opened it and the analog censors were blue and not copper color they are as good as dead :/

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this generation of controllers. Literally one of each has broken/failed between myself/my wife. Meanwhile all my older shit is still going.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, i have a working ps2 that is cheaper than te ds4 im supposed to buy to replace mine :/

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
watching support play tank is tragic. had to get off zen (attack) and went Orisa on defense. ended up with a draw. which is fine.

got a 3K with her, luckily i reloaded because i got nano lol. took out rein, zen, and somewhere i hit ana? she must have been in sight behind zen because i was spraying my bullets so he get hit and it hit her too .

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe I've just gotten lucky with controllers. The only one I've ever had an issue with is an OG ps1 controller, where the d-pad would not work sometimes.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Viking funeral for the controller, rip :/

If you opened it and the analog censors were blue and not copper color they are as good as dead :/
I haven't tried opening it yet, but I'll try that next. I remember one of the "fix analog" videos I watched talked about cleaning the blue/copper sensor.

It sucks because Baptiste is on Competitive tomorrow, but I can't even play. >_<
I hate this generation of controllers. Literally one of each has broken/failed between myself/my wife. Meanwhile all my older shit is still going.
I just replaced my Xbox 360 controller in 2018 after 10 years of heavy usage; not because it broke/failed but because the analog stick grips had literally wore down affecting my aim/movement.

Meanwhile, I've had my PS4 Pro for less than a year and I'm already getting "analog drifts".

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Oh nice, after not getting many in a while. I've had 4 different "We've taken action" notices come through.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Route 66

feels good when you can right click with zen into a pharah standing still on the pillar.

feels even more good on second attack you switch off zen to widow to get a quick pick with widow and you shoot through the small hole between the cars to kill junk.

also dps ana. youre welcome Soldier. i killed the pharah before she got you

the carry support.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
If it's a blue contact the controller is doomed. I've opened and cleaned mine and it went from "drifting" to "not turning left"
How/what did you clean the inside of your controller with?
Oh nice, after not getting many in a while. I've had 4 different "We've taken action" notices come through.
Where do you get/see those "We've taken action" notices? I've reported many people, but never got any follow-up responses. (Do they even give notices on PS4 or is that PC only?)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Youtube tutorials and isopropilic alcohol, but there are limitations to whether it will work or not, if the circuits are only dirty, cleaning is fine, but when you open the analog censors you'll see some plastic structures that come out and they have a metal band. If the band has a bronze color it's fine, but if it has a blue color, it's oxidated, therefore no matter that you do, it'll never detect movement again
It wasnt a big deal to me cause i have an habit of having one spare controller, if it's your only one you might wanna consider whether the drifting is that bad or not

The controller's structure is VERY delicated and you can end up scratching a lot of plastic parts you shouldn't. Be careful

Blue circuit reference here

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Where do you get/see those "We've taken action" notices? I've reported many people, but never got any follow-up responses. (Do they even give notices on PS4 or is that PC only?)
I don't know about console but on PC, they appear when you first open the game and you have to click okay to close each one.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When y'all play do certain moments just haunt you?

I thought I had my moment of glory. A protracted game on route 66. Every step felt like a grind. It went to OT. We manage to stop the enemy around the saloon.

I was playing D.Va. Admittedly not my best game, I demeched a lot from tunneling in on supports and not having enough defensive abilities to get out because I thought I was getting value from going for the Mercy. I hit some smaller bombs, but nothing huge. We finally came up to the saloon. The fight dragged out.

Their Sombra EMP'd, but somehow I didn't get caught by it. As they went to engage on my team, I noticed their Orisa placed their shield tight to the cart. If the enemy team wanted to save themselves from my bomb, they would have to go through into my team. It was time for the Big Bomb.

I dropped it and hit four.

We had won.

Except...

Lost in the madness was their D.Va. With EMP out, we had no shield of our own. She dropped her bomb. We hid behind the cart, thinking we were all safe.

We were not. Team wipe. We lost.

I couldn't sleep for an hour after that game.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I thought I had my moment of glory. A protracted game on route 66. Every step felt like a grind. It went to OT. We manage to stop the enemy around the saloon.

I was playing D.Va. Admittedly not my best game, I demeched a lot from tunneling in on supports and not having enough defensive abilities to get out because I thought I was getting value from going for the Mercy. I hit some smaller bombs, but nothing huge. We finally came up to the saloon. The fight dragged out.

Their Sombra EMP'd, but somehow I didn't get caught by it. As they went to engage on my team, I noticed their Orisa placed their shield tight to the cart. If the enemy team wanted to save themselves from my bomb, they would have to go through into my team. It was time for the Big Bomb.

We had won.

Except...

Lost in the madness was their D.Va. With EMP out, we had no shield of our own. She dropped her bomb. We hid behind the cart, thinking we were all safe.

I made a D.Va play a meter from victory yesterday... DROP THE BOMB I cried as I sent the mech flying into their defensive line. My team scrambling just to stay alive to keep the game in overtime.

BOOM!

3 kills! Wait... no... that's not right. How could it be? RIP Symmetra turrets one, two... and yes, three!

Well, shit. Game over. Defeat.

Time to uninstall.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018

We had won.

Except...

I think I'm a very momentum based player. I had a game where I was playing sombra, not going great and swapped to MCree and I'm landing all of my headshots. Get a quad kill, opponent can't even make it to the point. 11 headots in a 1:30, double headshotting tracer. Start the final round, landing a few headshots on the tank line heading to the point. Their MCree rolls and fan the hammer kills me. I was still landing shots but the consistent headshots were off, confidence dead. Probably looks like I turned off my aimhacks.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
We're one week out from the Achives event, right? News about it should be coming up soon

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

I'm on my third DS4. R2 died on the first one and the 2nd one the left analog stick would constantly lose the input. Overwatch was the only game I was playing for a while so I thought it was just lag when my walking was kinda stuttery but then I played Spider-Man and it would go from a sprint to the slowest possible walk even though the stick was moved all the way forward.

Hopefully this one will be my last for the generation.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
had 2 really good sleep on Gibraltar attack.

First the sombra farming her emp off dva. and whoever else. right before getting point A i had gut feeling sombra was about to emp because it was a bit quiet. she must have touched someone on the point because she was starting to decloak to try and emp and i shoot the sleep dart in front of her because they seem to keep holding W when they Q. slept her before she could get the emp off. made her switch right after we capped point A. lol (i need to press F9 to save highlights. i keep forgetting)

second was me trying to heal the team on the payload, me seeing winston about to die up ahead and i wanted to nano him but theres a hammond on point doing ground slam which caused me to see a reaper on the ship's bridge. I nano the winston, reaper falls down and hits Q but i already hit the sleep. but then again. reaper makes it obvious they are about to Q. ;P

also, idk how we managed to hold the payload for 4 minutes with like 1m left before they won LMFAO.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
How's Baptiste in comp, guys?

My teammates are all busy with life so I didn't try him out yet (can't be assed to solo queue).

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
such troll, cancerous team. we managed to get Round 1 of Oasis. somehow the team went toxic so we ended up not having a healer during Round 2. Round 3 i just went Bap and stood on top of point and just threw stuff to point and if it hits it hits. they left me uncontested. i think the other team was trolling too because rein and hog was just bouncing on the pad for some reason. the rest of the team didn't even try to take point? lol okay. but the rein tried to charge me when he jumped on the pad but that exo boost comes in handy because the near unlimited use for it.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Youtube tutorials and isopropilic alcohol, but there are limitations to whether it will work or not, if the circuits are only dirty, cleaning is fine, but when you open the analog censors you'll see some plastic structures that come out and they have a metal band. If the band has a bronze color it's fine, but if it has a blue color, it's oxidated, therefore no matter that you do, it'll never detect movement again

It wasnt a big deal to me cause i have an habit of having one spare controller, if it's your only one you might wanna consider whether the drifting is that bad or not

The controller's structure is VERY delicated and you can end up scratching a lot of plastic parts you shouldn't. Be careful

Blue circuit reference here

Omg THaANK YOU, this saved me $60 dollars! I was seriously about to go buy another controller but I followed the instructions from the video and it worked (only difference is I used an alcohol-based after-shave because I didn't have rubbing alcohol lol).
I don't know about console but on PC, they appear when you first open the game and you have to click okay to close each one.
Ah okay.

Has anyone on console ever got a "We've taken action" notice?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Omg THaANK YOU, this saved me $60 dollars! I was seriously about to go buy another controller but I followed the instructions from the video and it worked (only difference is I used an alcohol-based after-shave because I didn't have rubbing alcohol lol).
Ah okay.

Has anyone on console ever got a "We've taken action" notice?
Glad that helped! I wished my controller had that luck ;-;

Got one of those messages last year, then never again

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Complained about it before but please tell me there are other people who have to deal with self entitled Pharah mains who demand to have a pocket mercy and start raging when they keep dying by openly flying into firefights expecting to be babysit by the healers.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Complained about it before but please tell me there are other people who have to deal with self entitled Pharah mains who demand to have a pocket mercy and start raging when they keep dying by openly flying into firefights expecting to be babysit by the healers.

Had a player last week that switched to Pharah even though they had a Mccree and our healers were Lucio and Moira. He then proceeded to spam I need healing when he dies. 🤦‍♂️

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States

We had won.

Except...

I made a D.Va play a meter from victory yesterday... DROP THE BOMB I cried as I sent the mech flying into their defensive line. My team scrambling just to stay alive to keep the game in overtime.

BOOM!

3 kills! Wait... no... that's not right. How could it be? RIP Symmetra turrets one, two... and yes, three!

Well, shit. Game over. Defeat.

Time to uninstall.
I (kind of) ruined a D.Va's day earlier in the week during a Mystery Heroes match.

Numbani map. We were on defense and the enemy team steamrolled through the first checkpoint, but we held them up for a long time on the second and it turned into a fight for every inch on the final stretch. Eventually we had a good enough comp going to stop their momentum completely; I used Pharah to eliminate their Brig, and without her passive the rest fell until only their D.Va remained. Mech-less the D.Va retreated around the corner for safety, and I debated going after her but thought better of it because by then the rest of her team would have been coming out of spawn and I didn't want to get killed for being aggressive.

The whole time we're holding them as the counter runs down I'm thinking, "that D.Va's got her ult saved, they're gonna push for a fight on the goalline and when we reciprocate the D.Va's gonna bomb us." Sure enough, in the final seconds they retake the payload and as we fall back and regroup on the goalline the D.Va launches herself through the balcony doorway towards our team. I'm already airborne, and I hit my boosters to go above the bomb as it drops down on our line.

D.Va gets a triple kill. It ends up being PotG.

But they don't win the match. The ult didn't touch me or two of my team, and as they try to push I bait the re-Meched D.Va into using her DM. When it's gone I launch my own ult, aiming at her and the McCree/Mercy duo using her for cover. It doesn't do much, but then again it doesn't have to...

Because when it's over, I boop them away from the payload. Overtime, they can't recover to touch the payload, we win. :p

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Glad that helped! I wished my controller had that luck ;-;

Got one of those messages last year, then never again
Did your controller sensor have the "blue color"?

Well knowing that the "We've taken action" notice is also on console makes me upset that I've never gotten one for the many players I've reported.
playing more orisa since the buff. doesn't matter the map. orisa is top pick for me.
I'd like you thank you for choosing the crucial shield-tank role that not many people like to play.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Did your controller sensor have the "blue color"?

Well knowing that the "We've taken action" notice is also on console makes me upset that I've never gotten one for the many players I've reported.

I'd like you thank you for choosing the crucial shield-tank role that not many people like to play.
It's because I instalock support but after awhile I rather fill because some of the these people don't know how to play anything other than support.

Also see some bap with Orissa because his field core is shielded by her shield but people still don't know how to play him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.