• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
I had a guy throwing because our three stack told him to switch off Roadhog for Zarya. Lol

Oct 28, 2017
Turn off kill feed display. Now if only there was a way to turn off communiques like spam thanks and heals I could pretend that I don't even have a team!

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
You ever own the other team so bad someone ragequits and says they are done with Overwatch? Well, that happened yesterday and it was something to watch.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard said they wouldn't add DM because it doesn't fit the game and it would suck, people kept asking for it, they added it, and it sucks, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't mind it existing for just dumb gimmick purposes, but why in the world would you make a comp mode out of it. What next, competitive Mystery heroes and Mayhem?

If nothing else, I wish to go they'd remove the "Eliminated" marker if you're not the one to actually get the kill. Do they have the slightest idea how disheartening, infuriating, and shitty it feels to see "XXXXX 97" but not get it because some jackass turned the corner at the right moment? Just...don't show me that. Or how many assists I got. All it does is tell you how many times you got screwed out of a kill. Why do you need that tracked?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard said they wouldn't add DM because it doesn't fit the game and it would suck, people kept asking for it, they added it, and it sucks, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Would be so much better if they just made it point based not kill. Like, you deal 50% damage to a Lucio you get 50 points, and the guy who stole your kill also gets 50. Instead it's just killl steals for days and people throwing themselves at the guy with the most kills giving them an even bigger lead.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Dd1E5xUV0AAHReV
him

Edit:
how to play deathmatch, a guide by Salarians

1. pick Symm
2. if Symm isn't working, switch to Moira

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had the chance to check but did they change the social for recent players ? Does anyone know what changed or have you pic?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they brainstom their ideas for reveals, like "we have this megaton about lucio's story that can change the whole idea behind the character, how do we reveal it?""with an in game interaction with someone that probably shouldn't even know the stuff?""hell yeah"
Chu be like "What can we do to NOT give this dude any extra media?"

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Don't want to say I'm done with the game, because I'm sure I'll still play it once in a while, but I think its grasp on my gaming life is finally giving way. Competitive, more than ever, feels like a roll of the dice on whether you'll end up with a good team, a bad team, throwers, leavers, trolls, etc. The current CC meta also makes the game pretty confusing at points for me. Not sure why this thought came over me on the 2 year anniversary.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Chu be like "What can we do to NOT give this dude any extra media?"
Why giving any media that could help building at least two characters at the same time right?(3 is sanjay gets to be a playable character, not to mention since talon is involved they could drop doomfist ther because why not, they just gave him an interaction with Symmetra lol)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Well here's a new one, my friend wouldn't switch off Bastion when it clearly wasn't working, when another in the group recommended he switch he claimed "I have SILVER medals"
......well then

Considering how much the guy feeds, I'm not really surprised, had a match where he was complaining that he couldn't get a torb turret set up all the way through to our defeat.
I think the tutorial for the game requires a "don't trickle" sub category.

Oct 28, 2017
Easiest way to grind boxes tho. Also, I don't have to rely on shitbag teammates.

The game controls better on PC, but it's still a joke.

At least it'd be more of a level playing field though. Kb/m is worse then ever now. And before anyone is quick to @ me, you can easily tell the difference between mouse accuracy and analog movement during replays. Not saying it's EVERYONE, but it's definitely a problem.

It's why I gave up on comp and gave a big fuck you to the "sanctity" of this crap a long time ago. At this point my only guilty draw to this blizzard game is the loot. Yeah yeah I know.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Got Moira's dance and Doomfist's Suave As Fuck in my loot box!

Doomfist: my literal worst hero in the game - I can do more work with Genji or Widow or Ana lol

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
messing around on petra has taught me that i am trash at using reflect intelligently and at genji in general.

i also have better mechanical skill as mcree than i thought, though that just means "very bad" instead of "literally none"

also doomfist is so fun and glorious.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Well here's a new one, my friend wouldn't switch off Bastion when it clearly wasn't working, when another in the group recommended he switch he claimed "I have SILVER medals"
......well then

Considering how much the guy feeds, I'm not really surprised, had a match where he was complaining that he couldn't get a torb turret set up all the way through to our defeat.
I think the tutorial for the game requires a "don't trickle" sub category.
This reminds me of my online friend (been playing MMOs for a long time together) that whines that he never gets above Diamond while at the same time is doing horrible no matter what he plays. He is also very toxic as soon as someone does something he dislikes or picks a non meta hero. "Worst teammates ever" whenever we lose and stuff...

I get so triggered whenever I play with him because he also ALWAYS complains about how toxic OW is but he is actually one of the most toxic players I've run into in the game. He also picks dumb heroes and just goes silent when asked to pick something that works with the comp. And to top it off he is also just plain bad at the game. When playing support he goes off alone and dies then say something like "we can't win when we always get these trash teammates". I actually bought a new account to play with him but after I told him "you suck stop saying it's your teammates" in the nicest way I could think of we lost contact =/ He is actually in Bronze now maining Torb lol

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of FFA is having more assists than the population of a small village and just barely scraping into top 4.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of my online friend (been playing MMOs for a long time together) that whines that he never gets above Diamond while at the same time is doing horrible no matter what he plays. He is also very toxic as soon as someone does something he dislikes or picks a non meta hero. "Worst teammates ever" whenever we lose and stuff...

I get so triggered whenever I play with him because he also ALWAYS complains about how toxic OW is but he is actually one of the most toxic players I've run into in the game. He also picks dumb heroes and just goes silent when asked to pick something that works with the comp. And to top it off he is also just plain bad at the game. When playing support he goes off alone and dies then say something like "we can't win when we always get these trash teammates". I actually bought a new account to play with him but after I told him "you suck stop saying it's your teammates" in the nicest way I could think of we lost contact =/ He is actually in Bronze now maining Torb lol
I'm fortunate that my friend isn't so much toxic as he is defeatist (in numerous games to boot), if anything I'm the one trying to avoid being critical at times through gritted teeth, such is the problem with a big skill gap (Console Masters to Console Gold is quite a gulf), you see many things that have you knowing exactly why they died despite their complaints of SHENANIGANS.

Funny thing about advice more often than not, no one wants to hear it unless they specifically ask for it, which of course makes things tricky in a heavily teambased game like overwatch when you can see what's going wrong, even down to when I'm being told that maybe, just maybe I could be doing a better job as anyone but a sudden whim of an otherwise barely used Hanzo, surely this ult will be the one to justify my decision! (it was not)

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
IMMEDIATELY bought everything of Lucio's. I am now at 100%.

The only question now is do I actually go too deep into this and buy the rest of the damn OWL skins.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Overwatch kinda blows. As I lose more the games get worse so it just spirals. First game with the new update, a team who instalocks 5 random attack/defense characters. There might not be any trump/Russia collusion proven but there had to be some kind of idiots agreement here.

They need an Avoid All Teammates button.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got disconnected during comp deathmatch and it took -50 SR from real comp as punishment.

What complete bullshit.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I know, but still. I count it as content for Lucio. x.x

Once you buy the first you're doomed to watch the whole season. I've watched two stages and barely got 200 credits tho)
Just buy LAG lucio, that's what lúcio and any brazilian would do o- o(only brazilian in the league plays dps there and is a closet lucio main, can't get better than that also that's my team so my opinion is not biased at all lol

Crzy1

Nov 7, 2017
Seems that after the Ana buff (change might be more appropriate), a lot of people are deciding to dust her off and give her a go in my games and it's terrible.

On the plus side, at least I'm getting a few legendaries. Bought Brigitte's and got Doomfists's new one plus his Blackhand skin. Also got Orisa's new one and Ana's from the winter event. Probably just jynxing myself by mentioning it, but they seem to be a lot more liberal with the legendary drops now, which is nice because I'm getting all the white and blue sprays and junk I didn't get from past events in every box as well.

I really like Brigitte's new skin, though. Her hair works really well with the golden weapon. Just need to get her emote now.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
50 loot boxes and got 2 legendary from this event LOL LOL LOL

i mean i got legendary skins but since i skipped a bunch it started giving me those

Oct 28, 2017
Junkrat is the best minimal work highest impact hero. I'm playing here with no volume (listening to podcast), and no kill feed, no objective indicator (too distracting) and it's just so easy to get kills by firing in a general direction.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
got Cyborg76- a character I don't use but it's a skin I like, happy to get it from a box cuz I probably wouldn't buy it

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Zatanna in my first loot box! I am happy.

Didn't realise everything was coming back and not just Anniversary stuff. A lot of grinding to do for me

Status
Not open for further replies.