• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Welp went 4-1 in my DPS placements and I'm only 7 SR below my support ranking, so that's also one win away from hitting diamond!

Guess all the flexing I've been doing for my entire Overwatch career has cemented the fact that yes, I do belong in this high plat-low diamond range no matter what role I play lol

Oh and uh yeah McCree destroys everything so fast at mid-range. Always having a shield in front of me while Mercy pockets enables me to just lay on a ton of damage without much fear of getting blown up!

Thought I was just going to play tank and climb with the occasional support session, but I think I'll be trying to climb with every role since the matchmaking thinks I'm competent enough at each one.

Wait times are as expected for each role. It's a little long for me (1-3 minutes for tank and support, 7+ for DPS), but that's likely because I'm on console and in Asia where it's a weekday morning, so there can't be a ton of people playing.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I could swear I feel like bap grenade healing fire rate slowed down ,but I couldn't find any changes about bap in patch note

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
2-2-2 is going to lead to Tracer nerfs when everyone remembers how ridiculous she is

You shut your filthy filthy mouth. I've been under the boot of these genocidal Lindholms for a year and a half.

Granted, things have gone very, very well tonight and as I'd thought, Tracer is the bane of Sigma's existence and New Pulsing his floating ass feels wicked.

And yeah,

McCree and Hanzo eat Tracer for Breakfast nowadays.

You don't need Brig for Tracer.

if they're solid they're trouble but last night I was having a very good game on Blizzworld and by the final point the reds had switched to Junk, then Junk and Brig, then Junk and Brig and Hog and Torb and a Moira healing. And we lost.

So y'know. Even if you're not a carry McCree, there are answers

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Plat-Diamond comp is the fucking pits, now I know why I didn't play since season 5

My boyfriend is gold rank and somehow they seem to cooperate and perform better???!!!

Jesus Christ diamond is literally half bronze and half master players and bronze players are always on my team (and everyone elses)

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ almighty, playing healer and tank in structured 2-2-2 really highlights it when the DPS don't know how the fuck to do their jobs.

I had a reaper that litearlly ran to our spawn and back with our reaper chasing him even though I healed him and naded the other reaper on 2 occasions and he couldn't finish him off.

I've placed in silver on healer and tank, but gold in damage. Which makes some sense as I haven't played comp seriously in a long time while I put a lot of time in deathmatches as genji.

Still, the sheer behavior some people exhibit here is bizarre.

You shut your filthy filthy mouth. I've been under the boot of these genocidal Lindholms for a year and a half.

Granted, things have gone very, very well tonight and as I'd thought, Tracer is the bane of Sigma's existence and New Pulsing his floating ass feels wicked.

Besides, brig is still strong. She's just not some godlevel DPS/Tank/Healer combo. She's much more realistically a tank/healer hybrid now.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
OWL team London Spitfire possibly getting themed skins
avk9yvas2cg31.png

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
I think the update may have killed my friend's will to keep playing the game :(. Multiple games against a pharmecy/widow and our dps refused to pick a hitscan of any kind lmao. Sent him over the edge not being able to switch off support and do anything about it. Also went 3-2 in support placements, and placed like 300 below my SR despite having 4 golds in like 4 of the games. I guess those two losses really did a number on my placement

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
While it a shame that Brig shield took a even further hit, I do like her new healing. She always felt like she forced to go toe to toe all the time because her healing pack took so long to charge that if someone hurt they are just going to be out of luck.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Separate SRs is cool but still isn't stopping people from locking widow and doing lord knows what.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
While it a shame that Brig shield took a even further hit, I do like her new healing. She always felt like she forced to go toe to toe all the time because her healing pack took so long to charge that if someone hurt they are just going to be out of luck.

I like her healing even though there isn't a good visual feedback like before :(

I will be honest. I had fun last night challenging myself as usual with her nerfs like a true Sekiro master (stats and video above) but she is butchered.

If they buff her shield hp/survivability the flanker mains will complain and we are back to square one. Just re-work her already.

While they do that, I will just disappear and learn how to track with the mouse. Right after final exam.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So turns out that this weird role queue in QP was a bug .

It was the most fun I had in OW for years. Not touching the game until 1 September, can't go back to degenerate no healing/4 snipers games .

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Mei and Reaper are really, really really really powerful now and they are really pissing me off whenever I play tank

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Mei and Reaper are really, really really really powerful now and they are really pissing me off whenever I play tank

Time to main Mei or Reaper then. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Also there is one thing I don't like about this patch: I don't see a line link between teammates. How am I supposed to know if we are going against a 6 stack now?

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played ranked since season 3, so a little nervous to hop on again. This was back in the big rez mercy days.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Time to main Mei or Reaper then. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Also there is one thing I don't like about this patch: I don't see a line link between teammates. How am I supposed to know if we are going against a 6 stack now?
They're not as much a problem when I DPS because I know to focus them and that they go after my tanks. Well, reaper isn't. Mei just requires everyone to focus her. But if I am a tank, I'm basically at the mercy of my team capitolizing on my peeling. There's nothing you can do because his selfheal is just redonkulous in a 2-2-2 context.

Playing off-tank is the least fun role for me to play right now, which is a shock since I was hoping it'd be the opposite.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did the patch notes explain how to the Sr works now? Are wins and losses still the thing that raises/lowers?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Did the patch notes explain how to the Sr works now? Are wins and losses still the thing that raises/lowers?
SR works the same, but seperated for each role. Comp points given at the end of season are lower for each role, but roughly the same or higher when you do placements for all three roles.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
They're not as much a problem when I DPS because I know to focus them and that they go after my tanks. Well, reaper isn't. Mei just requires everyone to focus her. But if I am a tank, I'm basically at the mercy of my team capitolizing on my peeling. There's nothing you can do because his selfheal is just redonkulous in a 2-2-2 context.

Playing off-tank is the least fun role for me to play right now, which is a shock since I was hoping it'd be the opposite.

Yeah I get you man. If no one is taking them down, that's it for the game and your SR.

That's the biggest issue with this system. You can't do anything but hope your team do their best.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Yup, they will definitely have to nerf all the DPS like Reaper, McCree, Mei... that they buffed to try and counter GOATS.

Status
Not open for further replies.