• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Also it'd be nice if Bastion got half the chances Symmetra gets with reworks. 'well he works in this VERY specific setup with these very specific heroes... so it's ok'

That and them refusing to budge on Reaper's E is their weirdest thing

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Also it'd be nice if Bastion got half the chances Symmetra gets with reworks. 'well he works in this VERY specific setup with these very specific heroes... so it's ok'

That and them refusing to budge on Reaper's E is their weirdest thing
Bastion is a very particular design where he is intended to be super good at one particular thing (dealing damage) at the cost of something absolutely major (mobility).

This creates a very all or nothing sort of situation where he needs to be super shit at everything but that one thing or else he becomes OP. The only way to change that is to change his fundamental identity. Which blizzard is obviously willing to do as Sym and Torb were both builder characters but now more traditional dps that happen to be able to throw out turrets and other stuff. Thing is, Sym and Torb needed that rework to be at all functional on attack. Bastion rides that edge where he is super specialized, but not so much that picking him is just throwing the game.

Reaper's E at this point is fine I think though. They basically DID budge on it: they basically said they wanted it to not be usabler in midcombat and now it mostly is. I still personally would have given him a secondary fire since he feels a bit barebones, but whatev, he's usable now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Comp is zzzz

Just a barrier spam fest and if you go winston or hamster to mess things up then you just get shredded by the mei and reaper

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Comp is zzzz

Just a barrier spam fest and if you go winston or hamster to mess things up then you just get shredded by the mei and reaper
I feel like Reaper is going to be the first nerf victim of the 2-2-2 meta(not counting Hanzo/Orisa)
Bastion is a very particular design where he is intended to be super good at one particular thing (dealing damage) at the cost of something absolutely major (mobility).

This creates a very all or nothing sort of situation where he needs to be super shit at everything but that one thing or else he becomes OP. The only way to change that is to change his fundamental identity. Which blizzard is obviously willing to do as Sym and Torb were both builder characters but now more traditional dps that happen to be able to throw out turrets and other stuff. Thing is, Sym and Torb needed that rework to be at all functional on attack. Bastion rides that edge where he is super specialized, but not so much that picking him is just throwing the game.

Reaper's E at this point is fine I think though. They basically DID budge on it: they basically said they wanted it to not be usabler in midcombat and now it mostly is. I still personally would have given him a secondary fire since he feels a bit barebones, but whatev, he's usable now.
Like you said, with Sym and Torb they showed they don't want anyone who feels 'out of place' like they did (long building times or having to really anticipate things) which kind of sucks to me. Torb used to be one of my most played heroes

but that means that I think Bastion should be fit into that role too. All or nothing. Decrease his damage but increase his survivability. I've always wanted them to drastically cut down his transformation time. Make him an actual transformation character.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Game was being "balanced" around GOATS for quite some time now. And i knew that there will be a lot of balance issues after 2-2-2 lock.
DF, McCree, Reaper, Pharah, Mei, Junkrat... are all very strong picks and that will be even more noticeable now since 2-2-2 lock went live.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've yet to experience a game where Winston felt like a good choice. The Reaper/Mei combo being so prolific really does a number on him :(

most heroes have a counter like mei for ball, reaper for winston, etc that you can still run against their counter, but you have to adjust your playstyle, but for winston, if they are running orisa hog, you just have to give up

he seems pretty good against sigma though

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
armor nerfs need to reverted. It's stupid how effective reaper is right now. We even see him now in pro play. It's stupid low skill character, it shouldn't be this strong ever. The damage output is so high right now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
most heroes have a counter like mei for ball, reaper for winston, etc that you can still run against their counter, but you have to adjust your playstyle, but for winston, if they are running orisa hog, you just have to give up

he seems pretty good against sigma though
Yeah he can easily work around all of Sigma's abilities.

Barrier? Gun goes through it.

Kinetic grasp? Gun goes through it and he doesn't gain any shields from it I think

Rock? Leap away

Ult? Leap away

Plus his main gun is slow to fire so bouncing around like a madman can overwhelm players who aren't patient with Sigma's gun yet

Ez pz

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
armor nerfs need to reverted. It's stupid how effective reaper is right now. We even see him now in pro play. It's stupid low skill character, it shouldn't be this strong ever. The damage output is so high right now.

Shit, yeah, i somehow completely forgot about the armor nerf.

The armor nerf became necessary because torbs armor pack + brigs armor pack + brings ult was just silly... But torb can't give armor packs anymore and brigs armor is no longer instant. The only time teams have extraneous armor now is during brigs rally.

With 222, damage characters now eat up armor fast. No Not just reaper, but Tracer and soldier.

I was just thinking of lowering reapers lifesteal but since power creep for all characters has been a thing, maybe the armor revert would be the best thing for the game.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Went 4-1 as tank and 1-4 as support and placed higher as Support.

Does that mean I tried to carry my team harder as Support and they let me down more or does it just mean the placements/SR are busted.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also poor fucking Zen goddamn. Between discord not going through barriers and Mei, Zarya and Reaper all having to force the Zen to reset it along with Transcendence not being as much of a game changer because of all the sustain stuff and having no options to deal with a flanking Reaper... probably the worst off support right now, right?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
all my matches right now (2700~) are placement matches even though i'm finished with mine and those are some of the worst you can get, so knowing that im not tilting too hard

also, people "experimenting" alot so yeah.

Last edited:

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly thought that it's a bug. I am usually getting around 80-85% since the patch went live. But 100%? Whole team was like "wtf??"
Lol same, I've been taking screenshots of all my brig kill participation cards. This is one of the highest I've had:

unknown.png

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
There needs to be a way to to vote switch someone out of a role, any time I play tank or healer, the dps are all one-tricks or trolls trying to derank their role and there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

Even a role lock-out timer would be fine. It's not fun playing the other roles (especially support) when there is nothing you can switch to, to clutch out a victory. Now I just feel like I'm being punished for playing anything that isn't a dps.

Also 2/2/2 makes a lot of characters too powerful, and other characters practically useless. I hope the MMR and SR hits I'm taking aren't permanent in this beta.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
placements didn't matter before and they probably don't matter now. your SR is just reflective of what blizzard has decided your number should be.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Right now, it feels like if the other team is playing Mei, and your team isn't, you're basically denying yourself a 3rd tank.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I asked about this in the gaming forum thread and got no response, I can't think of any of Brig's changes that would bring about 100% kill participation. I see it happening a lot.
Must have been something with the repair pack change, probably counts any kills from characters you gave a pack to so as long as you give at least one to each character you'll get 100%. Of course that's complete speculation but idk what else it could be.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I asked about this in the gaming forum thread and got no response, I can't think of any of Brig's changes that would bring about 100% kill participation. I see it happening a lot.
Inspire has a huge range and lasts for longer. Repair kit also now has heal over time. Any kills you or your team gets while under the effect of your HoT counts as a defensive assist. If your team steamrollers together, or is never really apart when killing the enemy, you can get 100% participation

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
just had a great comeback in junkertown

we had 1 min left to their 4 min

first two rounds were full on bastion comps until it lost, then regular comps, we just couldn't stop their bastion and we staggered hard, so they got 4 min.

our push on overtime rounds my team went 2 1/2 points, they had a ton of trouble stopping us till they mashed Q's, so on our round we went ultra annoying when we knew they were going to run bastion 100% and run to the cart

we went mei/reaper/reinhardt/mercy/baptiste and held at their spawn for close to 3 minutes

then they pushed for a minute and we mashed q's for a nice comeback

this would never happen without voice chat and me shotcalling, and saying i think we should spawn camp.

so damn satisfying. it's rare to get a team that will work with you, trust you enough to actually spawn camp, etc. it's why i play overwatch.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Large amount of support players who never heal, like I had gold healing as Mei and like 600 healing done.

Why are they even queuing as support?

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Large amount of support players who never heal, like I had gold healing as Mei and like 600 healing done.

Why are they even queuing as support?

My only guess would be that people are trolling around since this is still the role queue beta, and nothing carries over in 2 weeks. So instead of waiting for a long DPS queue time they're going support for the instant matches and are just trying to frag out?

I haven't seen anything like that yet in Diamond. Maybe you just got unlucky? I have had some rage quits on my team however.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
reaper is braindead easy now and extremely powerful, he's gotta be nerfed to compensate the new changes.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
man, if you guys tank and love playing rein/zarya on king's row just wait till you play sigma/zarya on king's row.

it's even better. so much fun.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my biggest problem right now is that someone always wants to play sigma and very very few people are even competent with him

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Mei and Reaper haven't been changed and no one below gm was seriously playing goats, they're just as oppressive as they always have been for the vast majority of the playerbase

Self sustain + huge amounts of healing from Moira make Reaper viable, and Mei also has synergy with Orisa and hog.

Hard to say if rein+zarya make a comeback who are going to be the most valued dps, Mei and Reaper could fall back into niche picks, or if not Blizzard needs to look into healing creep and making heroes with no self heal capabilities more viable

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Placed over 200 points higher with DPS over tank or support. I consider DPS to be the category I'm shittiest at by far 🤔

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just playing some QP tonight, and games are pretty rough. I've only had one that was actually competitive, that I lost. Got stomped 6 times and then won one game by stomping them.

Also, people need to stop watching overwatch league. I've never seen so many Mei's in my games and it sucks because I'm trying to play main tank.

Out of 10 games so far I've played Nepal 3 times. blizzard pls

Last edited:

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
One thing about tank at gold/high silver levels is that you'll need to be playing your tank almost like a dps, because there's a good chance you'll get matched with that super sick Genji/Hanzo player who can't hit his shots.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Is comp unstable for anyone else today? I just had a thing where it booted me to the main menu with no "rejoin match", so I exited the game and restarted only to find I'm already suspended with no chance to rejoin?

One thing about tank at gold/high silver levels is that you'll need to be playing your tank almost like a dps, because there's a good chance you'll get matched with that super sick Genji/Hanzo player who can't hit his shots.

Yeah it seems to happen a lot that you get matched with shit healers and/or shit DPS. Sure, back with the old system you'd sometimes get a game with 4 dps, but it wasn't EVERY game. The average game quality has gone way down and you're lucky if there's not some kind of problem every single game. And because of role lock there's no way to switch to cover for the bad parts any more.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
QP is unplayable today. Shit DPS in every match. Sigma that is constantly dying in my team, but one that is destroying everyone in enemy team...

Status
Not open for further replies.