Overwatch |OT2-2-2| Role With It

Psychoward

Nov 7, 2017
The worst part about 222 on consoles is when you have an enemy pharah and none of your dps are hitscan

Even as poor zen i cant do it alone 🤷‍♀️

Psychoward

Nov 7, 2017
Throw hooks make friends.

I do love when they swtich to D.Va or Winston and are also not good at managing their jump/flight cooldowns near the pits though.
Oh speaking of not good at managing stuff

At lower SR, ult management is so terrible. Like no if it's 6v2 after we just captured a point we don't need 3 ults in a row ty

That and the failure to group up are much bigger flaws than any lack of aiming or even questionable positioning/team comps

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Climbing out of gold with my roommate playing a D.Va/Zen duo. Reapers and Reinhardts push so far in at this rank that we just delete them instantly at the start of every teamfight. Feels good. Only problem is getting a decent main tank on attack, as we usually end up with either a bad sigma or another off-tank more often than not.

McBradders

Sumo Digital
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Role queue may as well have just been Overwatch 2 at this point. It's a completely different game. I've not used the group finder more than once and had not bad matches the entire time during placements on all three roles. Also the sweet free lootcrates for playing roles I like is just *chef's kiss*

Oct 27, 2017
The worst part about 222 on consoles is when you have an enemy pharah and none of your dps are hitscan

Even as poor zen i cant do it alone 🤷‍♀️
Zen has never really been a Pharah counter. He can put an orb on her, but that's more for your team's benefit as you're unlikely to hit many shots on her yourself (and Zen's dps potential is probably better used elsewhere). Ana and Baptiste are much better at keeping a Pharah honest (being hitscan as they are), and Moira is better if you want to ignore her (for as long as your fade is up, she can't really kill you).

MCD

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I find Baptiste great against Pharah. Just put some pressure on her. You don't need to kill her (bonus if you did) but putting pressure will make your hitscan happy.

Don't be afraid to throw a solo field to your hitscan too. Playing support means you have to be selfish. Boost whoever you deem fit and all according to the conditions at hand. Same with boosting one teammate as Mercy/who to Rez and who to Nano as Ana.

aeolist

Oct 27, 2017
i haven't queued dps yet but so far my tank matches are very good and my support matches are very bad. people either don't understand keeping in sight lines of your baptiste/ana and then complain when they don't get heals, or i heal 25k over the match and get a million ults but nobody on my team can kill anyone so we lose anyway.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
On the people advised me on that last page: thank you. Decided to buy PSN again.

I am getting slammed. Game changed a bit obviously. For someone (re)starting the game. What are some recommended (offense) heroes to play with?

D.va, McGree and Tracer used to be my jam... but there have been quite a lot of buffs and nerfs.

Psychoward

Nov 7, 2017
On the people advised me on that last page: thank you. Decided to buy PSN again.

I am getting slammed. Game changed a bit obviously. For someone (re)starting the game. What are some recommended (offense) heroes to play with?

D.va, McGree and Tracer used to be my jam... but there have been quite a lot of buffs and nerfs.
All those heroes are still pretty viable, I'd recommend just browsing through the patch notes and going through each hero a few times in quickplay to get your game sense back up to speed.

Vulnicura

Oct 26, 2017
I find Baptiste quite hard to get a feel for. The arc of his grenades doesn't click with me and his lack of self heal really hurts, and find myself being a bit too conservative with immortality field.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I find Baptiste quite hard to get a feel for. The arc of his grenades doesn't click with me and his lack of self heal really hurts, and find myself being a bit too conservative with immortality field.
I hate his kit so much. 80% of my time playing Baptiste is me staring at the ground and spamming healing projectiles. I don't find him fun to play at all.

Psychoward

Nov 7, 2017
Eh a lot of people completely waste immortality fields on sustained skirmishes despite the long CD.

It is funny though despite his grenades having a wide AOE I notice sometimes I have to stand relatively still to get healed by them similar to having a friendly Ana.

I'm just glad we finally got a hitscan 3 shot burst hero.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finished my Support placements and pretty much got what I was at before. I guess this makes sense even though I thought I played a decent Zen, since I played so much of him before they probably have the most data on me and can place me fairly accurately.

lmcfigs

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not sure why groups is dead just because of role queue. you'll still end up running into bad players even if you have guaranteed 2/2/2

Vulnicura

Oct 26, 2017
I hate his kit so much. 80% of my time playing Baptiste is me staring at the ground and spamming healing projectiles. I don't find him fun to play at all.
Eh a lot of people completely waste immortality fields on sustained skirmishes despite the long CD.

It is funny though despite his grenades having a wide AOE I notice sometimes I have to stand relatively still to get healed by them similar to having a friendly Ana.

I'm just glad we finally got a hitscan 3 shot burst hero.
Yea my aim is terrible with both grenades and hitscan... I find myself getting the inputs mixed and spamming healing at the enemy and randomly bursting my low Zen.

How have people found Brig? I've really warmed to her now that I've gotten used to her changes and playing a bit more conservatively. The one thing I'm finding hard is to try and figure which heroes she complements. I totally avoid playing her in bunker comps.

Psychoward

Nov 7, 2017
Yea my aim is terrible with both grenades and hitscan... I find myself getting the inputs mixed and spamming healing at the enemy and randomly bursting my low Zen.

How have people found Brig? I've really warmed to her now that I've gotten used to her changes and playing a bit more conservatively. The one thing I'm finding hard is to try and figure which heroes she complements. I totally avoid playing her in bunker comps.
I like Brig but I don't like how I'm incapable of doing damage at even medium range and I often use whip shot in 1v1s bc I'm dumb and end up losing bc of it.

MCD

Oct 27, 2017
Brig is now more situational than ever. Just like before I love picking her in tight maps but now I find myself switching off Brig after 2min or so. She can't sustain herself long enough.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Brig is now more situational than ever. Just like before I love picking her in tight maps but now I find myself switching off Brig after 2min or so. She can't sustain herself long enough.
Same. I have to switch to Ana or Moira like all the time. There are maps/comps when she works so well, but most of the time i need to switch to another healer... :/

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Saw some Baptiste slander and that can’t stand, but I definitely agree his ult feels crappy and redundant.

He is actually the most used support on the OWL patch right now, I feel his kit really solidifies mercy as just as pharah pocket especially for OWL. Immortality field is a better res because the people never die to be ressed lol