• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
following fitzy's footsteps by playing the mind-games, no-fun-allowed heroes to climb as dps with sombra and mei because my aim and reflexes aren't as good as other diamond dps players

game sense so far is winning me matches!

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Playing my tank matches, first one was okay, second one had a rage quitter but man the third one. I felt like a Pro, predicted and ate a grav, bullied people off my supports hopefully decently and got kills.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not being toxic but I just can't go three games against Sym, Mei, Doom, double shields in a row.

It's so exhausting. Feels like a job not a game anymore. Massive shields and damage everywhere. Sigma's huge damage and abilities (stun, defense matrix, shield, stun ult). Even a squishy like Sym got an ult with 5k shield that covers half the map on top of the tanks.

Game needs a major re-work for 2-2-2.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is going on with top 500 and why do so many players have it and i dont when i have more SR? Is it combining all 3 categories and averaging them or something?

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
What is going on with top 500 and why do so many players have it and i dont when i have more SR? Is it combining all 3 categories and averaging them or something?

You have to have 25 games in that role, it's likely showing role specific top 500 and each role could have a different starting point for SR. There are 4 different leaderboards, 1 for each role and a combined one. Could also just be buggy.

You can always check the leaderboards in game top see where you sit, and if is bugged go report it to blizzard.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You have to have 25 games in that role, it's likely showing role specific top 500 and each role could have a different starting point for SR. There are 4 different leaderboards, 1 for each role and a combined one. Could also just be buggy.

You can always check the leaderboards in game top see where you sit, and if is bugged go report it to blizzard.
Ah ok thank you this makes so much more sense now lol

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Is anyone experiencing (what I hope is) a bug in comp, where if the enemy team leaves at any point in the match, the game just ends and doesnt give you any SR?

I've had this happen twice, both times were hard fought back and forth games, and then some toxic asshat on the enemy team leaves the game for some reason, which turns into other people leaving, suddenly the last 30 minutes of gameplay doesnt matter and you're spit back to the menu with no SR change.

I thought maybe it was just a weirdo incident but then it just happened to a friend twice in a row today.

I'm surprised more people don't talk about this if it's really a thing?

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
So I have a question for the rest of you in ERAwatch: If I'm getting between 65-70 SR for games after every win (I'm only four matches in and stomped all four), what does that mean for my MMR?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a question for the rest of you in ERAwatch: If I'm getting between 65-70 SR for games after every win (I'm only four matches in and stomped all four), what does that mean for my MMR?

It means the system is less confident that you belong at your current SR range and is trying to boost you into a higher tier to see if your win/loss ratio levels out.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

3 Armor packs with Genji is so damn good. Only problem is that it's hard to justify/play Brig in her current state/meta so I only play her briefly like this.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting nervous with all the attention that Sym is getting that she will get a harsh nerfhammer soon. The paranoia of a sym main. It's overwatch PTSD at this point.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
They'll nerf her beam a bit and buff Brig's shield slightly. Possible reinstatement of falloff on Mei or just damage reduction.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm getting nervous with all the attention that Sym is getting that she will get a harsh nerfhammer soon. The paranoia of a sym main. It's overwatch PTSD at this point.

As a Roadhog and Mei player, I'm going to dread what they will do to "rebalance" them. If I want to play a Main Tank or more conventional DPS, then there are options for me. There are few genuine Off-Tanks as is, and I like Mei's hybrid of a DPS/Off-Tank.

Last edited:

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm especially wary because Sym was meta in the beta and they gave her a harsh nerf that she became a throw pick until the later two reworks.

They seem especially harsh on her.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm especially wary because Sym was meta in the beta and they gave her a harsh nerf that she became a throw pick until the later two reworks.

I still remember the state of Roadhog when they tried to move him away from being a Zoning Tank, and that was a headache. (And I had to force myself to play D.Va and Zarya to compensate.)

He's in a much better spot, so I hope they will leave him be. I wished they kept Brig as is before nuking her into a scuffed Lucio that is cosplaying Reinhardt.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember the state of Roadhog when they tried to move him away from being a Zoning Tank, and that was a headache. (And I had to force myself to play D.Va and Zarya to compensate.)

He's in a much better spot, so I hope they will leave him be. I wished they kept Brig as is before nuking her into a scuffed Lucio that is cosplaying Reinhardt.
I thought a Hog rework is coming?

They nerfed Syms TP just like that so I'm expecting a nerf tomorrow, tbqh

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to playing Sym since the patch, and yeah, her beam is a little overturned now.
Her beam takes time to ramp up. If you let a Sym get that far then 🤷

She has no sustain and she has 200 hp and her head hitbox is one of the biggest in the game. Her primary also needs her to be in the danger zone.

Focusing the Sym in the middle of a team fight, using Pharrah or any of the snipers (that's currently in the new emerging meta) render her useless. She has tons of counterplays.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, CD increase would be legit also. I did not realize she was 250, that's a bit weird for someone with so many escapes and self-heal. Although I suppose Reaper is at 250 also. Nerf him too :).

If she could be picked off by Widow or Hanzo, things would be much different. But being able to survive the 1-shot, with a self-heal AND wall on short cool downs is just too much now. Making her a 200hp hero might kill her though, so I tend to think a longer cool down on ice block would work better.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

She has no sustain and she has 200 hp and her head hitbox is one of the biggest in the game. Her primary also needs her to be in the danger zone.

Focusing the Sym in the middle of a team fight, using Pharrah or any of the snipers (that's currently in the new emerging meta) render her useless. She has tons of counterplays.

The beam ramp up isn't as big of a downside right not when every team has at least one shield tank, often two. If the beam didn't ramp up when damaging a shield, it wouldn't be nearly as potent. As it is, you can charge up the beam breaking the tank's shield, and/or just walk though it and melt the tank once you're at full beam strength.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
The beam ramp up isn't as big of a downside right not when every team has at least one shield tank, often two. If the beam didn't ramp up when damaging a shield, it wouldn't be nearly as potent. As it is, you can charge up the beam breaking the tank's shield, and/or just walk though it and melt the tank once you're at full beam strength.
Then use non shield tanks, dive with Winston (who is still a decent Sym counter)or an Orisa/Hog. Orisa can still use her shield from afar, halt the Sym and deprive her of charge.

Again, tons of counterplay.

Bunker on high ground with two snipers will make a Syms life difficult if not impossible. Add in an Ana and you literally have three snipers.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
played Mercy and had a Symm on my team, pocketed them and watched them absolutely destroy the enemy
and they saved the point pretty much singlehandedly while the enemy was at 98%, the enemy team never even touched it after that

she's just the best and she deserves this after years of neglect and unjust belittlement

tenor.gif

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 2-2-2 lock needs to stay but something got to be done about DPS queue, like not queuing for roles and it random or rotate what you play. Or if you play tank/support a lot you get to jump the queue when you do play DPS.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
played Mercy and had a Symm on my team, pocketed them and watched them absolutely destroy the enemy
and they saved the point pretty much singlehandedly while the enemy was at 98%, the enemy team never even touched it after that

she's just the best and she deserves this after years of neglect and unjust belittlement

tenor.gif

Bastion is in a similar spot, as far as being neglected is concerned. I'm not near my PC, but this video sums up my feelings towards reworking the lovable combat robot (a la Torbjorn).

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The estimated queue is useless, said less than 4 minutes but it's been 12 and counting.

Yeah when I queued for DPS a couple of times, I was easily waiting 10-15+ minutes at times. I wonder if this is just a beta thing or they don't want to be accurate for DPS wait times in case dps mains just stop playing.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah when I queued for DPS a couple of times, I was easily waiting 10-15+ minutes at times. I wonder if this is just a beta thing or they don't want to be accurate for DPS wait times in case dps mains just stop playing.

Not our fault the development team had created a billion DPS heroes, in contrast to that of five tanks (a barrier and Dive MT, and three Off-Tanks) and four support heroes (one of which couldn't even heal at all) when the game launched.

If the game ever gets a sequel, I can see them trying to make the classes more even in number.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Not our fault the development team had created a billion DPS heroes, in contrast to that of five tanks (a barrier and Dive MT, and three Off-Tanks) and four support heroes (one of which couldn't even heal at all) when the game launched.

If the game ever gets a sequel, I can see them trying to make the classes more even in number.

I don't think evening up the numbers is gonna fix most people wanting to go pew pew or own someone for their highlight. DPS will always get the most players because it's an FPS game first and foremost.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think this makes any difference unless everyone only played their fav characters, which is against the point of the game.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Even if the roles were even, an outsized number of people would still queue for DPS since it's the role with the least responsibility. Your job as DPS is to just kill shit and get pissed when you think the tanks aren't tanking, or the supports aren't healing.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Totally agree with this. I feel like Sym has always been traditionally viewed as a hero that "casual" players, for lack of better term, have always hated no matter how effective or ineffective she is.

I wouldn't be surprised or too mad if they slightly increased the ramp up time but I don't think that would change what people think is overtuned about her. If she's wrecking your shields... then don't play shields!

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
I think it's annoying when you wanna play Mercy and the trash DPS swaps to Pharrah and spams "I need healing" stfu

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone tell me if I would run into less or more full teams on competitive with this new Role Queue system?

Because I am tired of running into full teams in quickplay as a solo player and the constant leaver penalties are really frustrating. It seems like 75% of my matches consist of me getting paired with inept players and I get stomped. It sucks the fun out of the game tbh.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I imagine it varies hard by time of day and level. I've not seen a lot of groups in low plat lately, quite a few in QP during peak.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Silver Tank and Support is pure fucking hell.

As tank, I get no support. Team doesn't push with me and I don't get heals. As support, tanks do the dumbest shit. I nano my rein and he charges off the map.

Role Queue is probably good for the game overall, and I don't want to be the "Blames his team for everything" guy, but there are times where I have no idea wtf else I can possibly do to heal my team and they still go off to lala land.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lost 150 SR on my way to 25 games played and still ended up in top 500. This beta is crazy.

I'm still weary of role lock however. Too many times Ive gotten two off tanks who refuse to play shield as the tank spots and too many times Ive gotten just horrendous dps that cant kill anything (Ive had games with lucio/Bap with gold elims and silver damage). This wouldnt be so bad before as you could have people swap roles to try to make up for it (I can play shield, I can play dps) but now youre basically stuck with it and know if you lose right out of the gate. I wish there was a way to allow you to swap roles if necessary while still mandating 2-2-2.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hammond needs mad buffs. It has too many counters. Now we can add Sigma barrier destroy 90% of its ultimate's mines. Really souring my rat experience.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Wait times for dps are ridicolous come on, it's been 20 minutes and still searching, there's definitely something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.