• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I know it will never happen, but I wish there was a way to only queue with player that have mics. They don't even have to talk, just be in the voice-chat so I can communicate. (I'm on PS4, so we don't have text-chat like PC).
role queue is the worst fucking thing to happen to this game

because now i'm a doomfist main
Sarcasm? If not can you explain what you mean?

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
I really thought this game was going to be saved somehow. And maybe role queue was gonna be the solution. But I've lost hope in this game when it comes to trying to balance it. 😞 the game isn't even balanced yet they are expanding to different platforms? It just doesn't make sense.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I really thought this game was going to be saved somehow. And maybe role queue was gonna be the solution. But I've lost hope in this game when it comes to trying to balance it. 😞 the game isn't even balanced yet they are expanding to different platforms? It just doesn't make sense.
Balancing and porting are usually done by separated teams, at most they'd share the testers

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
These queue times really make me not want to play this game. Waiting 20 minutes for a game just for someone to leave once you load in and then getting sent back to square one is terrible. I spend longer in queue than in game.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Zarya and Sym damage went up 20-40% with the bug fix.
Hey there,
Balance changes take time and there will of course be more to come. We've just barely entered into 2-2-2 role queue and released a new hero at the same time. It's important to collect statistics/data, as well as feedback to make informed decisions.

Reverting all balance changes over the last year is unlikely to happen. Any hero change could potentially affect a meta to some degree, but not all changes are directly targeted at the current meta, if that makes sense.
For some transparency, we've known for awhile that we would be moving to a 2-2-2 format (it required a long time to implement) and not all changes over the last year were directly targeted at affecting the 3-3 GOATS meta (eg. Soldier, McCree, Junkrat buffs).

The goal of the changes that actually were aimed at GOATS was not to kill it entirely but to weaken it enough, without destroying the individual heroes, that other new comps could arise to compete with it. Though it took a long time, with the results of stage 3 I consider that at least somewhat successful. Even if solutions are hypothetically available, any meta is ultimately dictated by the players.

Aside from meta considerations, it's important to prioritize individual hero balance which is why we're tuning Zarya and Symmetra damage output. The recent beam bug fix was much more potent than expected, with those heroes on average seeing a 20-40% increase in damage. Their original damage values were tuned without knowledge of this bug.

Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I'd like to see numbers for how rewarding Sym and Torb are on console Vs. PC. Specifically I wanna know what percentage of their damage comes from those bullshit turrets.

And then I wanna take that data and slap Blizzard in the face with it until they nerf turret damage on console again.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Returning to DPS queue for the weekend. 7 minutes wait time only for someone to quit and it happen fucking 3 times in a row ---- each with 5-8 minutes. Finally got into a match, lasted 28 minutes and got Draw because our tanks decided during the deciding round to play Dva and Hog against super good Zarya-Sigma.

So...49 minutes of nothing but a waste of time. Fuck this, I'm playing single player game until some changes is made to the queue time.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to see numbers for how rewarding Sym and Torb are on console Vs. PC. Specifically I wanna know what percentage of their damage comes from those bullshit turrets.

And then I wanna take that data and slap Blizzard in the face with it until they nerf turret damage on console again.
They have already a damage reduction of 20-30%. They buffed and de-buffed them but thy never reached pc numbers of damage

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
the funny thing about people quitting in comp soon after the match starts is it's usually one of the dps players. i'm thinking it's some poor shmuck that also hates the long queue time for dps who just so happens to have left their computer/console to do something while waiting, only to come back to the game seeing they've been temporarily banned for quitting.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the funny thing about people quitting in comp soon after the match starts is it's usually one of the dps players. i'm thinking it's some poor shmuck that also hates the long queue time for dps who just so happens to have left their computer/console to do something while waiting, only to come back to the game seeing they've been temporarily banned for quitting.
Lol, I've noticed this and concluded the same thing, queued so long they afked the join, got removed for inactivity and banned. Really sucks for the other DPS player too though as they just get put at back of queue.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I'd welcome PS4/XBONE crossplay but I feel like Switch players would be at a disadvantage with the game being at half the frame rate there

of course, if they ever did implement it, it would probably be optional

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'd welcome PS4/XBONE crossplay but I feel like Switch players would be at a disadvantage with the game being at half the frame rate there

of course, if they ever did implement it, it would probably be optional
If they cared about framerate you shouldnt be able to play it on pc if the game only runs at 30fps like it used to run in my old rig

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Just got into a DPS game after a 7-minute wait. Opposing team tries a teleport everyone straight to point on Horizon. We successfully defend, one of the players quit and the match gets cancelled.

Ugh. There needs to be a bigger penalty to leaves, and more importantly SR gain for the non-offending team when this happens. Too many of my 2CP matches have been cancelled because the team's first push wasn't successful and somebody quit.

EDIT: Now 2 of my placement matches we kicked ass in the first team fight and a player on the other team left and the match got cancelled. This is honestly bullshit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Just got into a DPS game after a 7-minute wait. Opposing team tries a teleport everyone straight to point on Horizon. We successfully defend, one of the players quit and the match gets cancelled.

Ugh. There needs to be a bigger penalty to leaves, and more importantly SR gain for the non-offending team when this happens. Too many of my 2CP matches have been cancelled because the team's first push wasn't successful and somebody quit.

EDIT: Now 2 of my placement matches we kicked ass in the first team fight and a player on the other team left and the match got cancelled. This is honestly bullshit.
People aren't leaving. There is currently Ddos attack on Blizzard servers and 90% of the games right now people getting kicked.

Edit: also be careful dont que for rank until they fix the problem, cause if you get kicked out of the match you will lose 50 sr + time penalty

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
South Florida but from my understanding he picks about any role and gets in pretty fast.

I believe he's a Diamond DPS, Plat Tank, and a Gold Support which he was salty about because that's his main role.

I'm in Chicago and feel like I'm always waiting.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
People aren't leaving. There is currently Ddos attack on Blizzard servers and 90% of the games right now people getting kicked.

Edit: also be careful dont que for rank until they fix the problem, cause if you get kicked out of the match you will lose 50 sr + time penalty

Mmmm I believe you that there's a DDoS attack but doubtful. I played seven games in competitive. The only leavers I had were from the opposite team after we won the very first teamfight and early enough to trigger a match cancellation. Doesn't sound like a DDoS problem to me, sounds like people being bad sports.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it really says something about this game's development that role queue is so good and fresh and needed but the meta right now is so bad. literally none of the heroes that are strong right now are ones that i want to play as or against.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I don't mind the meta much at the moment. I feel like there's always a counter than can be pulled out, and skill remains more important than counters.

I like it. But then I went 5 and 0 in placements and only went up like 100 SR over last season >.<

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tfw you see a bunker comp, remember it can be countered with a DPS-heavy comp, and then you go "Oh wait."

Also my games were primarily trash last night in QP, mainly because I haven't played in weeks, and mainly because there's nothing Blizzard can do to make people group the fuck up and stop trickling.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Tfw you see a bunker comp, remember it can be countered with a DPS-heavy comp, and then you go "Oh wait."

Also my games were primarily trash last night in QP, mainly because I haven't played in weeks, and mainly because there's nothing Blizzard can do to make people group the fuck up and stop trickling.
I mean, it's another game now. I haven't had the guts to try any kind of role queue so far adn i'm not sure i want to... i was so used at a game startinfg with 5 dps and then people reaized they needed to adjust and in the end we had a semi decent comp and won :/

I imagine queueing as dps and not being able to go back to support to be more helpful in a qp match is going to fuck me up a bit xP

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's another game now. I haven't had the guts to try any kind of role queue so far adn i'm not sure i want to... i was so used at a game startinfg with 5 dps and then people reaized they needed to adjust and in the end we had a semi decent comp and won :/

I imagine queueing as dps and not being able to go back to support to be more helpful in a qp match is going to fuck me up a bit xP
Yeah, being locked into support is nice because it allows me to start out comfortable. But when shit hits the fan I feel even more powerless.

Thanks I hate it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, being locked into support is nice because it allows me to start out comfortable. But when shit hits the fan I feel even more powerless.

Thanks I hate it.
Worst part is that sometimes I know there'll be situations i could solve as dps and won't be able to swap because of this change, or even tank, hell, i don't wanna be stuck on support in a match against a sigma/symmetra duo when i know i can kick their asses with anyone except the supports im good at :/

last week of regular qp i was winning all matches by simply swapping to symm or sigma >_>

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
6 games in a row last night Vs. Sym on PS4, and my teams keep getting wrecked idk what to do >.<

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Turns out it's not the 400 hr Tracer main >.<
If they doing double shield you can't do much as tracer i think, now this is the time i give the advice symm playwrs been getting since season one and say"learn how to flex, dearie, you can't play your main all the time and hope they work :)"

MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

-
Try reaper, pharah, junkrat,df is good in this meta but against a symm you just gonna get melted by turrets, i know cause i love doing that and making people feel pathetic.

You need heroes with a quick time to kill as you need to kill her before she gets charge, something with good CC like ashe might help too. Might be counter intuitive but stay the hell away from your team shields the moment you hear the buzzing sound and either run or kill her

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Pharah was my go to counter - turns out it's less effective when your Mercy ignores you. And I could get the Sym herself but by that point I'd be down to 30hp, going for a health pack and my team would end up dyin'.

Very disheartening. That beam fix can't come soon enough.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Pharah was my go to counter - turns out it's less effective when your Mercy ignores you. And I could get the Sym herself but by that point I'd be down to 30hp, going for a health pack and my team would end up dyin'.

Very disheartening. That beam fix can't come soon enough.
The beam nerf gonna kill her. I wished they'd do somethingg less drastic :/ i love the idea of people respecting symmetra for once. Now she won't ever be played outside of two shield.

where also the beam nerf will do nothing since sigma and orisa will still be meta

Oct 27, 2017
the beam nerf will probably be fine for sym but zarya really didn't need it, she's not being played anyway

As someone who plays a lot of Zarya, it pains me to say it, but she probably did need the nerf. Maybe not right now because, as you suggest, Sigma/Orisa is so devastatingly strong that it doesn't matter how easily she can melt squishies with her chubby beam because she's not going to be in a position to take advantage of it (which contrasts with Symmetra, whose extreme dps potential is clearly apparent because of all the shields for her to charge off of). But at some point she was always going to need to be dialled back a bit.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays a lot of Zarya, it pains me to say it, but she probably did need the nerf. Maybe not right now because, as you suggest, Sigma/Orisa is so devastatingly strong that it doesn't matter how easily she can melt squishies with her chubby beam because she's not going to be in a position to take advantage of it (which contrasts with Symmetra, whose extreme dps potential is clearly apparent because of all the shields for her to charge off of). But at some point she was always going to need to be dialled back a bit.
i play a lot of zarya too and it confuses me why they're always so paranoid about some heroes being OP and nerf them immediately, while others remain must-picks for months or years with ridiculous abilities

any balance team that looks at the game as it is right now and concludes that zarya m1 needed a damage reduction has their priorities completely wrong

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
any balance team that looks at the game as it is right now and concludes that zarya m1 needed a damage reduction has their priorities completely wrong
Said balance team from the very start said they weren't sure where the damage would end up after the bug fix and would keep a close look and react if needed, which they did.

I really don't understand why people are upset that they made a change they said they were looking into, just because it's not OP at this current moment. Those same people would cry to heaven and hell after double shield got nerfed and suddenly Zarya is killing everything by staring at them.

EDIT: if anything you should complain that the dev team isn't as swiftly with all nerfs, rather than complain about this one.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
i play a lot of zarya too and it confuses me why they're always so paranoid about some heroes being OP and nerf them immediately, while others remain must-picks for months or years with ridiculous abilities

You say that and yet you said symm nerf is ok... that beam fix made her finally get playtime after two years of people getting instant reported for touching her

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Said balance team from the very start said they weren't sure where the damage would end up after the bug fix and would keep a close look and react if needed, which they did.

I really don't understand why people are upset that they made a change they said they were looking into, just because it's not OP at this current moment. Those same people would cry to heaven and hell after double shield got nerfed and suddenly Zarya is killing everything by staring at them.

EDIT: if anything you should complain that the dev team isn't as swiftly with all nerfs, rather than complain about this one.
Ehhh they never shoulda' let it go into a live comp season. Zarya does feel a bit too strong but Sym's ability to get to max charge so easy off enemy shields, when combined with her turrets... hang on lemmie do some math...

195 max charge + 50 per turret... that is a SUSTAINED 345 DPS. Those are Sentry Bastion numbers on a hitbox as slender as Baby D.Va who's not constrained by Sentry Bastion's immobility. That ain't balanced.

Or maybe it is but I don't wanna say that all my teams sucked last night. I'm just pretty tilted.

Bad evening of Overwatch.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhh they never shoulda' let it go into a live comp season. Zarya does feel a bit too strong but Sym's ability to get to max charge so easy off enemy shields, when combined with her turrets... hang on lemmie do some math...

195 max charge + 50 per turret... that is a SUSTAINED 345 DPS. Those are Sentry Bastion numbers on a hitbox as slender as Baby D.Va who's not constrained by Sentry Bastion's immobility. That ain't balanced.

Or maybe it is but I don't wanna say that all my teams sucked last night. I'm just pretty tilted.

Bad evening of Overwatch.
Bastion got300 hp in sentry mode, some of it is armor

All meelee characters have survivability skills and 250 hp sustaining high damage

Symmetra has only 200 hp and no invulnerability escapes, instant movement skills or extra shields given for damage

Just think about it.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

my point is that they're very fast with nerfs sometimes but it's never the nerfs to extremely OP shit. the bastion ironclad nerf is the only time i can ever remember them quickly nerfing something that needed it (though as soon as that one went up on PTR everyone immediately said it was broken so the mere fact that it went live at all means it took too long).

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Bastion got 250 hp, some of it is armor

All meelee characters have survivability skills and 250 hp sustaining high damage

Symmetra has only 200 hp and no invulnerability escapes, instant movement skills or extra shields given for damage

Just think about it.
I <3 you Mariip but double-pocketed Syms just tilt the fuck outta' me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.