• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
is there something up with matchmaking? match quality has also been horrendous for me lately
regardless of role or character I feel like I can't do anything anymore

even ol' reliable quick play as Mercy has been awful

I haven't played the game in a few days and if not for that lego event I'd probably continue not to, just nonstop bad experiences
Maybe you should take a break from OverWatch? Sounds like you're not having fun, which makes you play worse or get tilted easier.

I often take mini-breaks from OverWatch, then I play better and have more enjoyable games when I return.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will continue emphasizing that this meta is the worst the game has ever had (goats was not consistently run by the majority of ranks) and that 2-2-2 was a not an amazing solution to fixing goats. Its just not fun to play this game right now with double shield.

2-2-2 role lock is exposing how limited a lot of players' hero pools are. I totally get comfort picks, but hero switching is such an integral part of Overwatch that it boggles the mind how there are way too many players who've had more than a hundred hours in the game only know how to play a couple of characters. It's more apparent now because before you could have more than just the 2 people locked in a role to switch and deal with a troublesome enemy.

I do think that for every role category, players always have an option to hard counter or at the very least alleviate the pressure being put on by one particular hero dominating the game.

For Doomfist, one of the tanks could go Roadhog and just wait for the Doom to descend and hook him. Orisa's halt can also screw him up if used correctly. I think too many players in Plat/Diamond use their cooldowns haphazardly even when there's one obvious threat they should be saving their abilities for.

Supports could either switch to Ana if they're good with sleep darts or Brig, saving shield bash exclusively for Doom. They could also just go Moira and Lucio and be as slippery as possible avoiding Doom altogether. Mercy up in the air with Pharah shouldn't even worry. Just don't play Zen unless you're confident in your right click or teammates to peel.

Honestly, I think nerfing Doomfist would be trying to cure a disease by treating a symptom. He wasn't this oppressive before 2-2-2 and Sigma. He was even considered a throw pick for a long time. And with so many people saying he's a "braindead hero", those who don't know how to play him properly feed and feed hard.

It's the goddamn shields.

Doomfist only got popular because he's literally the one DPS that can reliably deal damage through all the shields. Nerfing him will only make matches even more of a slog, or just result in fucking Bastion mirrors most of the time, which I think would be worse.

The longer cooldown for Orisa's shield deployment was a step in the right direction and looked like it was going to nip the Bunker meta in the bud before Sigma dropped. I do think the flexibility Sigma has with how he can almost instantly re-deploy his shield in whichever direction is key to his playstyle, so I'm not sure about the calls to add a cooldown to its deployment. I'd rather it had less HP and/or take longer to be used again if it's broken.

Also, Orisa's Fortify could use some nerfing. 50% damage reduction that stacks with her armor and universal CC denial makes her feel impossible to kill. Nerfing that would make diving her actually viable!
This is a fantastic post and I want to emphasize how much i agree with your doom point. Hes an all or nothing character already, nerfing him wouldnt change the root problem

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I know earlier I said I was going to take this season seriously, but after 12 hours all I can say is nah. For both tank and support I placed in the 2490s. So cool, just a win or two from plat then I can start my diamond grind. Well after 12 hours, I'm 23xx for tank and 22xx for support. It just went all downhill with sub 50% w/l. Every game is just a disaster lol.

Back to playing causally and messing around in arcade.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Deathmatch could be such a fantastic, fantastic mode

why will they never balance it? There are so many easy ways to do it.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The fake 2-2-2 people often went for in quickplay the weeks before siggy dropped felt better than the actual 2-2-2 so shields are definitely looking like the problem.
Going back to the young liar post, it's like most damage picks were ride or die hitscan players leaving them in struggle city thanks to shields.
Deathmatch could be such a fantastic, fantastic mode

why will they never balance it? There are so many easy ways to do it.
It's a shame, while it could never be a truly balanced mode, there were always some character tweaks that would make it more playable.
That they actually gave Ana the self nano gave me false hope they'd consider more changes, never gone back too much after moira dropped.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Suspect arrested in the DDoS attacks
Hello everyone. We wanted to return to this subject and put some closure on it. As always, It is our top priority to resolve any issues that prevent players from having a smooth gameplay experience.

Immediately after the Distributed Denial of Service attacks against our game service began, the Blizzard Security Team worked around the clock with local and international law enforcement agencies to track down the source of the DDoS. It is our understanding that, within a few days, authorities were able to successfully identify and arrest a suspect.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeeah, QP has been incredibly awful this week. every team i get thrown on no one knows what they're doing. Last week it was much better.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
What is this applying update when I load into a map. also "Client Request Disconnected". and just boots me back to login screen.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
spent all day playing QP. Actually had some good games.

The meta might be annoying and the game may still ahve it's issues, but it can't be understated how much of a blessing 2-2-2 is.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
spent all day playing QP. Actually had some good games.

The meta might be annoying and the game may still ahve it's issues, but it can't be understated how much of a blessing 2-2-2 is.
QP is so relaxing, because I don't have stress about loosing SR if we don't win and leavers are instantly replaced.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
What is this applying update when I load into a map. also "Client Request Disconnected". and just boots me back to login screen.
Thought I was the only one. Seems they try to push a hotfix for the Reaper/Sym tele placement bug, but I guess it only applied whenever you start a match?

That's why when you click an old unsaved Highlight, you'll get the "Client Request Disconnected" because Highlight usually get removed whenever a new patch is released. The replay did get removed though.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I was the only one. Seems they try to push a hotfix for the Reaper/Sym tele placement bug, but I guess it only applied whenever you start a match?

That's why when you click an old unsaved Highlight, you'll get the "Client Request Disconnected" because Highlight usually get removed whenever a new patch is released. The replay did get removed though.
They may need to not hotfix it or remove all highlights and do a proper patch.

Also anyone watch replay and think it's slower than actual real-time game?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when I last got any real enjoyment out of this game. I play maybe two hours a month now.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The DPS in these games are just so...bad. Why are you playing Widow when you can't hit anything? Why are you playing Mei and Reaper when there is a Pharah that is a huge problem.

The healers have been on point and I generally don't have anything bad to say about them, but these DPS players. Holy shit.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like, if I'm playing DPS, the only way I as an individual can potentially salvage a losing team that's running Sig/Orisa/Mei/Doomfist or any variant, is Bastion.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
The DPS in these games are just so...bad. Why are you playing Widow when you can't hit anything? Why are you playing Mei and Reaper when there is a Pharah that is a huge problem.
McCree? Can't find the Doomfist. Mei? Can't find the Hamster. Just a shitshow all night. Losing brawls? Stick on Ashe and slow charge that ult so we can use it twice in the match if we're lucky.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
despite how great she is right now I feel like I rarely see Sombra these days

which is funny considering how incredibly prevalent she was in qp way back before the stealth/translocator changes

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I don't know when I last got any real enjoyment out of this game. I play maybe two hours a month now.

I know for m'self - just now got a Zen potg for a triple holding down point B Paris Vs. Sigma and Orisa. Our tanks were a Ham and a D.Va.

despite how great she is right now I feel like I rarely see Sombra these days

which is funny considering how incredibly prevalent she was in qp way back before the stealth/translocator changes

Y'know that's true... I think it might be that Vs. Doom and Mei, she's kind of less survivable than they tend to be in the teamfight. Hack is strong but rocket punch is kinda' right now, problem solved.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Can someone please post here when there is drops enabled twitch stream going on? I only need 2 more hours. Thanks.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Check out how Fitzyhere shuts him down. He's on twitch but he has Youtube vids dedicated to destroying Doomy.

Yeah, it's very satisfying to watch Fitzy just destroy GM/top 500 Doomfists and force them to switch:

Watch and learn!

It's very obvious seeing DPS players who have never played Sombra switch to her to try and counter a Doomfist wrecking shop. They try to play her as a budget Tracer going on flanks and trying to hunt Doom instead of playing bodyguard to supports because peeling is a completely alien concept to them.

Of course, Sombra has always been the one hero who's had an abysmal win rate in ranks lower than GM and Master because she actually requires coordination to be effective.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's very satisfying to watch Fitzy just destroy GM/top 500 Doomfists and force them to switch:

Watch and learn!

It's very obvious seeing DPS players who have never played Sombra switch to her to try and counter a Doomfist wrecking shop. They try to play her as a budget Tracer going on flanks and trying to hunt Doom instead of playing bodyguard to supports because peeling is a completely alien concept to them.

Of course, Sombra has always been the one hero who's had an abysmal win rate in ranks lower than GM and Master because she actually requires coordination to be effective.

Thanks for this - I am deffo one of those budget tracer sombras. 😬 So is the general idea , instead of going invis and being a backline harass, to stick with your main team/healers and just right click any doom/enemy that comes into sight?

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks for this - I am deffo one of those budget tracer sombras. 😬 So is the general idea , instead of going invis and being a backline harass, to stick with your main team/healers and just right click any doom/enemy that comes into sight?

Sorta.

For Doom specifically Fitzy will position himself out of sight, with a viewing angle on where he expects the Doom to slam into his team so he can immediately be hacked.

Fitzy's other big gambit is that no one will shoot you to interrupt the hack if you're falling towards them from above, so throw the trans straight up, look down and hack as you appear above the enemy.

...which works super, super good when you have a team that'll help and heal you when you use Trans to stay in the fight instead of to escape it. Not so easy at lower SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.