• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
On Twitch it says that i got rewards for all 3 tiers. But there is nothing in the game. I can't find them. Is this normal?

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Its sad that everyone is insta lock to ana.. as ana main I miss the days where everyone goes dps and no one picks ana lol

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
TBh, I think dps are in a pretty shitty slot right now
On Twitch it says that i got rewards for all 3 tiers. But there is nothing in the game. I can't find them. Is this normal?

It occasionally can take a few days, check the what's new tab also 2 of them are player icons and won't show up in the what's new. If there not there in a couple of days email Blizzard support.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's very satisfying to watch Fitzy just destroy GM/top 500 Doomfists and force them to switch:

Watch and learn!

It's very obvious seeing DPS players who have never played Sombra switch to her to try and counter a Doomfist wrecking shop. They try to play her as a budget Tracer going on flanks and trying to hunt Doom instead of playing bodyguard to supports because peeling is a completely alien concept to them.

Of course, Sombra has always been the one hero who's had an abysmal win rate in ranks lower than GM and Master because she actually requires coordination to be effective.

Sombra doesn't have I win buttons and that is what it all about in 2500SR range and below, so it doesn't matter how effective she can be because to kill she needs just shoot and many DPS players are bad at that.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sombra doesn't have I win buttons and that is what it all about in 2500SR range and below, so it doesn't matter how effective she can be because to kill she needs just shoot and many DPS players are bad at that.
I still cant get over you thinking Sombra doesn't insta win against Doom. The second half of that video isn't even sombra killing him.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People in lower SR will ignore hacked Doom, that's the issue.

Doom's uppercut and slam used to be 8 seconds right? Or am I imagining that.
And thats exactly why theyre in lower ranks so it all works out.

But more specifically even if they dont kill him theyve shut him down from doing what hes designed to do which is get in, get a quick kill and get out. A hack prevents both so even if he gets away youve shut him down from being able to do anything which is an instant win.

Not sure how long the cool downs used to be, i dont recall them getting reworked but i never played the character that much so i couldnt say.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still cant get over you thinking Sombra doesn't insta win against Doom. The second half of that video isn't even sombra killing him.
I didn't say that. I said she has no I win button for getting kills. Mei freezes enemies so helpless, Doom has rocket punch, McCree flash-fan combo, hanzo storm arrows, the massive damage of Reaper and Bastion, this is what lower ranked DPS thrive on and how they get kills and Sombra doesn't have that so they won't don't use her. A hacked Doom can still move and that enough for the DPS to play someone else.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
prempt genji in chat talk about being unmotivated in chat and he doesn't know why hes playing anymore. i see why he said that because he's shit and then blame me when i gave nano to rein the first time. but when i gave him the nano. i just watched him get anti, stunned, and die to zarya/moira. looked at his past seasons except the last one. LOL OKAY.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't say that. I said she has no I win button for getting kills. Mei freezes enemies so helpless, Doom has rocket punch, McCree flash-fan combo, hanzo storm arrows, the massive damage of Reaper and Bastion, this is what lower ranked DPS thrive on and how they get kills and Sombra doesn't have that so they won't don't use her. A hacked Doom can still move and that enough for the DPS to play someone else.
And I explained getting kills doesn't make a hack on doom not an instant win button, see above. A hack on doom is an instant win even if you dont kill him because youve prevented him from diving in to kill a healer, and prevented him from easily getting away. Blocking doom from playing the game he was designed to play it means youve countered him. If he wants to continue to take up a spot on DPS and not do dps then youve made it a 6 vs 5. As to the rest of your points, thats why theyre at, and will stay at lower ranks. Shrug.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I explained getting kills doesn't make a hack on doom not an instant win button, see above. A hack on doom is an instant win even if you dont kill him because youve prevented him from diving in to kill a healer, and prevented him from easily getting away. Blocking doom from playing the game he was designed to play it means youve countered him. If he wants to continue to take up a spot on DPS and not do dps then youve made it a 6 vs 5. As to the rest of your points, thats why theyre at, and will stay at lower ranks. Shrug.
I agree with you, but that was never my point. I posted why Sombra isn't popular despite her usefulness.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally some progress. Back in the 24XXs with tank. Most of my success has been with Reinhardt. I'm just playing aggressive, Sigma and Orisa players don't know what to do.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
replay of comp game. throwing as mercy so back to Ana.

my zarya QP video didn't upload. i was killing it with her.

Last edited:

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Small update
HERO UPDATES
General
  • Reverted edge-placement change for ground targeted abilities (Reaper's Shadowstep, Mei's Icewall, Symmetra's Teleporter, etc)
BUG FIXES
General
  • Made changes to improve game stability
Maps
  • Paris - Fixed a bug that allowed players to shoot through one of the spawn doors
Heroes

Bastion
  • Brick Bastion Skin – Updated muzzle flash VFX

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Small update
HERO UPDATES
General
  • Reverted edge-placement change for ground targeted abilities (Reaper's Shadowstep, Mei's Icewall, Symmetra's Teleporter, etc)
BUG FIXES
General
  • Made changes to improve game stability
Maps
  • Paris - Fixed a bug that allowed players to shoot through one of the spawn doors
Heroes

Bastion
  • Brick Bastion Skin – Updated muzzle flash VFX

Has the audio bug (where it doesn't play ultimate sounds from behind) still a thing?

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
New PTR patch

HERO UPDATES
D.Va

Defense Matrix

• Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second
  • Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds
Orisa

Protective Barrier

• Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds
Roadhog

Scrap Gun

• Ammunition increased from 5 to 6.
Sigma

Kinetic Grasp

• No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot
Gravitic Flux

• High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds
Experimental Barrier

• Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second
  • Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier
  • Initial 0.2 second cast time removed
Winston

Barrier Projector

• Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds
  • Health increased from 600 to 700
Baptiste

Immortality Field

• Health decreased from 250 to 200
Lucio

Crossfade

• Speed boost's effect increased from 20% to 25%
Amp It Up

• Speed boost's amplification increased from 50% to 60%
Wall Ride

• Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30%
Mercy

Valkyrie

• The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers
Moira

Biotic Grasp

• Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second
Doomfist

Rocket Punch

• Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds
The Best Defense…

• Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30
Sombra

Translocator

• Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
  • Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy
Symmetra

Photon Barrier

• Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
  • Health reduced from 5000 to 4000
Sentry Turret

• Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40
Photon Projector

• Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound
Tracer

Pulse Pistols

• Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I like the look of all those changes, well maybe symm shouldn't have been knocked down further.
Slightly Improved winston bubble makes me unusually pleased.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
went to ptr. locked orisa. first thing in chat was "dive <3" from other team. we proceed to murder them as orisa/winston.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Probably not the wisest decision to only have RQ QP on PTR

Also not included above, This was about 8+ GB on PC
ANNOUNCEMENT
  • Patch 1.41 is a remaster and will require a relatively large download for all platforms.

BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed a player profile issue preventing hero win percentages from being displayed for competitive arcade mode seasons
Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug with Brigitte's Rally checking line of sight from her feet instead of from her head
  • Fixed a bug with Inspire's position being affected by the player's aim pitch
Doomfist

• Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to use Meteor Strike before taking impact damage from Sigma's Gravitic Flux
Sigma

• Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma's Gravitic Flux to ignore line of sight through some ceilings
Sombra

• Fixed a bug with EMP's position being affected by player's aim pitch
Winston

• Fixed a bug that caused Winston's Barrier Projector to not consistently play its destroyed visual effects

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Symmetra is like the smallest problem in double shields, but somehow got hit with the largest nerf.

That buff to Winston feels like it's going to be huge. Also surprised they buffed defense matrix.

And tracers damage! Chance , break out the champagne.

And I don't think that nerf to dooms rocket punch was necessary if they were taking away his shields.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
That brig UI change is nice, but they should also put in something near the crosshair to show if Inspire is up or not.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Symmetra is like the smallest problem in double shields, but somehow got hit with the largest nerf.

That buff to Winston feels like it's going to be huge. Also surprised they buffed defense matrix.

And I don't think that nerf to dooms rocket punch was necessary if they were taking away his shields.
Yeah the sym nerf is so odd. Most people recognize shes a symptom to the larger problem here.

Glad winston and diva got buffed.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I knew that Moira will become a victim of barrier meta.

Also funny how they always nerf 3 things for Sym after they buff one. Looks like she is not allowed to be viable, especially compared to other DPS.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I finally did my DPS placements (takes hours because of the que time), I never play DPS. I went 4-1 and placed 2760. My tank is at 2363 and my support (which was my main) is 2152, lol.

Guess I'll work on my support.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Whenever there's one of these skin events I'm guaranteed to have the worst games I've ever played in Overwatch. Just my luck I guess.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I knew that Moira will become a victim of barrier meta.

Also funny how they always nerf 3 thing for Sym after they buff one. Looks like she is not allowed to be viable, especially compared to other DPS.
They hate her and aren't even trying to hide. Lucio got a ton of unwarranted buffs despite still being great since the moth died, this team just plays favorites at this rate lol

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
They hate her and aren't even trying to hide. Lucio got a ton of unwarranted buffs despite still being great since the moth died, this team just plays favorites at this rate lol
What are you talking about ? Lucio + almost all other healers are only valuable with moira in your team and that almost never happens to me... I get ana mains instead of moira all the freaking time... its funny cause I never seen ana mains I was one of the few before 2 2 2 meta lol. All those dps mains came to steal my ana... freaking hell

Chance

Nov 22, 2017

Imo this entire patch is a warm blanket of microbuffs to Tracer, Genji, Winston and Rein too. The range change is nice like having Soldier's first few bullets be perfectly accurate, but it's not something you'll really notice.

I finally did my DPS placements (takes hours because of the que time), I never play DPS. I went 4-1 and placed 2760. My tank is at 2363 and my support (which was my main) is 2152, lol.

Guess I'll work on my support.

Grats! I got a surprise like that too - turns out I'm a better tank than I thought ^.^

Chance

Nov 22, 2017

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Worry about Tracer also relies on double shield being gone and it wasn't nerfed that bad. Back to faux goats with mei/reaper possibly?

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted some Hammond buffs sprinkled in there but no luck =(

More weeks of getting harrased for picking Hammond in QP...

Status
Not open for further replies.