• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It could be possible that a lot of console players would hop off of dps given the disadvantage they'd be on controller and fps and default to playing more tank and support, which might help out the balance a bit. But then you'd have people on controller and 60 fps on tank and support. Also I imagine a lot of console people would be frustrated coming over from their rank there to a lower one on PC. I went top 400 on support and tank to platinum in all categories on PC (although mostly thats because I'm learning m/kb).

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
So I took a 1 month break/uninstalled OverWatch and holy hell I forgot how to play lol. But the one thing that hasn't changed is the community. After loosing my first game back, my teammate (who wasn't in voice-chat the entire match), decides to join vc just to inform us that "You guys fucking suck!". Never change OverWatch.🙃

lols I would become a Zen main if they added the Zen-walk to the game.😄

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross play will not help, the problem isn't lack of players, it's too many DPS players compared to support and tank.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
They should just give tanks and supports loot boxes for every match played. Let's just bring the queuepocalypse to its natural conclusion.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
While DPS is just an inherently more attactive role to most of the player base, the problem is also the lack of feedback as tanks and healers.

Did well as DPS? You have your name in the kill feed, you get potg, you have gold medals to congradulate you.

Did you block a game winning earthshatter? Did you sleep an ulting genji or rez a critical player? You get no recognition except what your team might give you....if they see it at all.

Worst of all, I don't even know how you can fix this. How would a game know to distinguish from these super situational decisions? If at all possible, it'd take the dev team making some kind of super AI that can track all this.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I was thinking about that and are we sure it would? I mean isn't the issue the percentage breakdown between the different roles?

That's part of it, but just having more players in general might help as more games would be played. DPS queues would still be the longest, but hopefully all queue times would be shorter as there's more players to pull from to create a match. Maybe.

I'm basing that off how GM queues are long in any role due to the small amount of players, and get shorter in the ranks with the most players.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of OW players will always lean DPS cause players always want to be behind the wheel so to speak.

There's a reason why few people in Battlefield play medic or why many Apex Legend fans are desperate for a solo queue. The truth is shooter fans gravitate towards lone wolf style gameplay. People want to only worry about their own performance and not rely or care about their teammates. It's why you used to always see supports and tanks switch to DPS when the others couldn't secure kills.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Caved and just pre-purchased on Switch. Pretty sure I'm going to be playing more no rules Quickplay on Switch. Getting in a few rounds of 6 DPS comp shenanigans while lying in bed sounds fun.

Now my terrible Hanzo can scare no one on Switch too. Or maybe gyro will turn him in to a god. 12 hours!

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is the release today in Germany but you can't play it yet?
The stores are open, the copies are laying there.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I'm the last person to discover this, but Nintendo sends you a three-month Online code by email when you prepurchase Overwatch for Switch. I thought it was just automatically added to the account you bought it from. Does anyone know if you can apply the three months to an account used in a different region?

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Did well as DPS? You have your name in the kill feed, you get potg, you have gold medals to congradulate you.
This is a good point, kill feed notices beyond mercy res would be great, although I can imagine they don't want to swamp that to keep the signal/noise high.
Worst of all, I don't even know how you can fix this. How would a game know to distinguish from these super situational decisions? If at all possible, it'd take the dev team making some kind of super AI that can track all this.
They have some form of this heuristic for POTG already, not sure why you wouldn't just promote those events into the feed.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Update is live
HALLOWEEN TERROR 2019
The fright for the future returns!

We're celebrating the scariest time of the year with a seasonal event: Overwatch Halloween Terror! Expand your collection of spooky gear and relive the chilling tale of Junkenstein's Revenge in our limited-time PvE brawl. Overcome weekly challenges with wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade to earn a series of uniquely chilling rewards!

You'll also be able to unlock new seasonal items—including new legendary skins like Pharaoh Ana, Warlock Ashe, and Will-o'-Wisp Tracer—to add to our growing collection from previous years.

Learn more about Halloween Terror here.

GENERAL UPDATES
The Arcade has been expanded to 7 cards, to better handle its increasing variety of game modes.

COMPETITIVE UPDATES
Season 2 of Competitive 3v3 Lockout Elimination has begun.

BLIZZCON SKINS
We're celebrating 25 years of Azeroth's past at this year's BlizzCon—and to mark this legendary occasion, we've created a pair legendary Overwatch skins representing two iconic Warcraft heroes. Prepare to seek vengeance against your opponents with Illidan Genji, and call upon the power of the (hard-)light of Elune as Tyrande Symmetra! These new Legendary Overwatch skins are available to BlizzCon attendees and BlizzCon Virtual Ticket holders.

HERO UPDATES
D.Va

Defense Matrix

• Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second
  • Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds
Developer Comment: This change will allow D.Va to absorb more damage over time, while still keeping the maximum duration she can absorb at one time the same.

Orisa

Protective Barrier

• Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds
Developer Comment: Orisa's barrier is often too difficult to deal with. This increased cooldown will make it more reasonable to destroy it before she can place another one.

Roadhog

Scrap Gun

• Ammunition increased from 5 to 6.
Developer Comment: Roadhog is one of the best heroes at breaking down barriers quickly, but often he would be out of ammo and unable to capitalize on a barrier being destroyed. This change gives him more opportunities to poke at these high health targets and still having extra shots to threaten the enemy.

Sigma

Kinetic Grasp

• No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot
Gravitic Flux

• High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds
Experimental Barrier

• Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second
  • Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier
  • Initial 0.2 second cast time removed
Developer Comment: Sigma can often feel difficult to counter since he can so quickly reposition his shield and use Kinetic Grasp to block from other directions. We're opening up some weaknesses in these abilities to allow for more counter play from his enemies.

Winston

Barrier Projector

• Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds
  • Health increased from 600 to 700
Developer Comment: Winston's barrier often feels unreliable as a protection tool since it can be destroyed so quickly. Raising the health and duration should allow for him to apply pressure and protect his team more consistently.

Baptiste

Immortality Field

• Health decreased from 250 to 200
Developer Comment: Immortality Field is a very strong ability with its weakness being that it is destroyable. We're lowered the health of the device so that its can be countered more easily.

Lucio

Crossfade

• Speed boost's effect increased from 20% to 25%
Amp It Up

• Speed boost's amplification increased from 50% to 60%
Wall Ride

• Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30%
Developer Comment: Lucio has had previous reductions to his speed that were put in place to reduce his effectiveness when boosting more than 2 tanks. Now that this is no longer possible, he is gaining some of his speed back. The Wall Ride change is there to counteract the increase in speed, so it should feel the same as it did before the change.

Mercy

Valkyrie

• The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers
Developer Comment: This change will make Valkyrie makes Mercy's beams consistent with how they work outside of the ultimate.

Moira

Biotic Grasp

• Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second
Developer Comment: Moira's dueling capability is a bit too strong, so we're reducing the self-healing gain from her Biotic Grasp to make it more reasonable to fight against her alone.

Doomfist

Rocket Punch

• Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds
The Best Defense…

• Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30
Developer Comment: We're increasing Doomfist's charge time for Rocket Punch to give players more warning when he is charging this powerful ability. We're also reducing the shield health gain from his passive ability to weaken how much damage he can soak while dishing out his own.

Sombra

Translocator

• Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
  • Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy
Developer Comment: Having the Translocator cooldown begin right when it is thrown allows Sombra more flexibility in how she can use it. For example, she can now often redeploy it instantly after teleporting to it, or quickly destroy and reposition it while sneaking around. The cooldown has been increased to compensate for this change.

Symmetra

Photon Barrier

• Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
  • Health reduced from 5000 to 4000
Sentry Turret

• Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40
Photon Projector

• Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound
Developer Comment: The duration of Photon Barrier was too high considering its impact on a battle. Recent changes have seen large increases in Symmetra's overall damage output, so we're reducing her turret damage in lieu of making further damage adjustments to her Photon Projector.

Tracer

Pulse Pistols

• Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters
Developer Comment: This change will allow Tracer to play from slightly further away from her targets, allowing her to stay safer while still keeping pressure on her enemies.

BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed a player profile issue preventing hero win percentages from being displayed for competitive arcade mode seasons
Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug with Brigitte's Rally checking line of sight from her feet instead of from her head
  • Fixed a bug with Inspire's position being affected by the player's aim pitch
Doomfist

• Fixed a bug that could cause Doomfist's Rocket Punch to not travel forward if he was sliding along a wall while airborne
  • Fixed a bug that caused Rocket Punch to briefly stop all movement on a Fortified Orisa
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to use Meteor Strike before taking impact damage from Sigma's Gravitic Flux
Sigma

• Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma's Gravitic Flux to ignore line of sight through some ceilings
Sombra

• Fixed a bug with EMP's position being affected by player's aim pitch
Winston

• Fixed a bug that caused Winston's Barrier Projector to not consistently play its destroyed visual effects

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version unlocked but had a big banner saying to download the latest patch.... Which isn't live on Switch yet 😔 hopefully soon

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Junkrat, Baptisite and Sombra available through weekly challenge
0x0250000000001A3F.jpg

0x025000000000277F.jpg
0x0250000000002A94.jpg
0x0250000000002795.jpg
0x0250000000001968.jpg
0x0250000000002AA1.jpg
0x0250000000002A9E.jpg
0x0250000000002A3A.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I was trying to get a refund for my preorder of this from Nintendo, but I think I'm just going to keep it. I feel dirty keeping the game and playing it, but I can sort of justify it as trying to support the devs themselves who had nothing to do with what happened last week, and seeing the work they've done on the game.

I dunno. Still don't feel good about it, but I already paid for it, so... may as well I guess.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
So with this update the size of the game on the Nintendo Switch is now 23GB?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.