• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
So what's a decent counter to wrecking ball?

Just had a game where an opponent attached to the payload and swung around all game. I was trying to freeze him with Mei but it was hopeless

Really fucking annoying.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I just posted this in Blizzard support, but I want to see if anyone here has any ideas:

My PC is not top end (it's actually pretty old), but I've always been able to run OW at medium settings and 1080p and get around 60 fps.

After a recent update, I have noticed that my teammates seem to animate around half the normal framerate. It makes their movements juttery, almost like enemies from a Doom-era fps. (or has it always been like this and it took me two years to notice?)

I've poked around at my settings, but I'm not sure what to do here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
guys, just putting it here for anyone who is interested, my Overwatch webtoon chapter 3 is out!

Chapter 3: The Newbie

JJ0P5Kh.jpg

And for those who haven't read previous chapters yet, here it is:

Chapter 1: The Calm before The Storm

Chapter 2: The Traitor

Hope all of you agents enjoy it!

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
guys, just putting it here for anyone who is interested, my Overwatch webtoon chapter 3 is out!

Chapter 3: The Newbie

JJ0P5Kh.jpg

And for those who haven't read previous chapters yet, here it is:

Chapter 1: The Calm before The Storm

Chapter 2: The Traitor

Hope all of you agents enjoy it!
For a fan comic, I think the art style is pretty good. I especially think the cover for Dva is really good with the colors you gave her, looks really neat.

I have a few criticisms. You might want to try to either cut down on the dialogue or make the dialogue you write more important, since a lot of it is basically characters thinking stuff that we could infer from seeing whats happening. You might also want to try to focus on making characters sound like their real OW depictions, since I don't think Reaper would bother calling D.Va bitch that much. And lastly, paneling. The art is good, but you could try to figure out how different panels might flow into one another.

Like I said, for a fan comic, it's alright, but with a good bit of editing on these things, it could become something great.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
For a fan comic, I think the art style is pretty good. I especially think the cover for Dva is really good with the colors you gave her, looks really neat.

I have a few criticisms. You might want to try to either cut down on the dialogue or make the dialogue you write more important, since a lot of it is basically characters thinking stuff that we could infer from seeing whats happening. You might also want to try to focus on making characters sound like their real OW depictions, since I don't think Reaper would bother calling D.Va bitch that much. And lastly, paneling. The art is good, but you could try to figure out how different panels might flow into one another.

Like I said, for a fan comic, it's alright, but with a good bit of editing on these things, it could become something great.
Thanks for the advice! The panel one is true, since it was originally planned as normal flipping pages, it doesn't transitioned perfectly when it's browsed like webtoon. So when the Genji chapter comes along, I'll definitely try to fit it into webtoon format better.
I'll take note about the dialogue too.
ps: perhaps Gabriel is more salty in his younger years lol.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Just had a game where an opponent attached to the payload and swung around all game. I was trying to freeze him with Mei but it was hopeless

Really fucking annoying.

Mei+McCree.

Or Mei+Brig.

You freeze, McCree fan the hammer and finish the job. Or Brig Stun and you freeze endlessly and she helps whacking him.

Sombra is perfect and can render him useless but Sombra means communication/less damage. The choice is yours.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mei+McCree.

Or Mei+Brig.

You freeze, McCree fan the hammer and finish the job. Or Brig Stun and you freeze endlessly and she helps whacking him.

Sombra is perfect and can render him useless but Sombra means communication/less damage. The choice is yours.

Additionally, if you have good trap placement (along with it being map dependent), Junkrat can wreck a cocky Hammond player.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

Really fucking annoying.
Put up a wall to block his swing path and then continue to spray him. He'll keep slowing down and froze and hope your teammates focus on him.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's so stupid if you go a few games without receiving an endorsement your endorsement level goes down. Makes you want to only play support as you're more likely to get endorsed there.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
It's so stupid if you go a few games without receiving an endorsement your endorsement level goes down. Makes you want to only play support as you're more likely to get endorsed there.

That was the worst part before they added endorsement to the arcade matches, because if you play a lot of arcade to get the weekly loot boxes, you end up losing a level because you get no endorsements for a while.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That was the worst part before they added endorsement to the arcade matches, because if you play a lot of arcade to get the weekly loot boxes, you end up losing a level because you get no endorsements for a while.
Speaking of arcade endorsements, people sure love to throw them in mystery heroes. I mean, I don't use mic or text chat, I don't get to be a healer in every matches, yet I always get one or two endorsements, sometimes more. At most, I'll say thanks to someone who saved my ass/healed me and let people know my ultimate is ready or almost ready.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Got my first legit 6k last night. I've had PotGs that included 2 triple kills, but I've never gotten the killing blow on all six members of the enemy team before.

The last one was a McCree. I'd leapt above Orisa and Pharah coming up some stairs, headshot them both while airborne and landed in front of McCree. He's off screen, on my left side, and the flash lands and he goes for the headshot but only bodies me and I don't turn to him - I put my back to him, blink backwards through him so suddenly my guns are to his back and finish him off.

It was glorious. Only took me three years.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I never really understood why people think balance and heroes in Overwatch today are worse than it was at launch. Every time I see this take (usually in more recent threads about Overwatch in gaming side) it seems like people forgot how Overwatch was on launch day. Every single game if you didn't have a Reinhardt and Mercy, you were doing it wrong. It was really stale and annoying and if you were playing a tank of support, really annoying that your choices were effectively limited on that. Now that Moira, Orisa, Sigma, and others exist, you aren't forced to pick the same heroes every single game.

I also don't like the way the 2-2-2 role system is implemented. This probably comes from the fact that I play Dota 2, which had a ranked with roles option before Overwatch did, but the way it worked there was that anyone in any role could pick any hero, but if you didn't play your role, people had an option to report you for that. There's plenty of heroes in Dota 2 that can play more than one role. I think the same applies to Overwatch. I don't think calling Symmetra "damage" seems quite right to me, but yet she's only listed there because she's not a healer and doesn't fit under the game's definition of "Support", and she's definitely not a tank. I mean in some cases you could argue Soldier 76 was "support" with his heal. I think the easiest fix to this is to just let anyone pick any hero, but be able to report people that don't play their role.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
God I can't get over how clunky and garbo sigma feels now

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm a support main and I occasionally play tank. I placed high Gold on support, and low gold on tank.

Then I did my DPS placements for the hell of it, and only played Junkrat. I tore up, won all 5 matches, and placed high plat.

What.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

Really fucking annoying.
As others have said, Brig's a good choice (if you happen to be on heals). Also I've found Lucio decent at harassing Wrecking Balls that try to swing in and land on your team, and at least pausing the ever-spinning tetherball so dps/tanks can unload on him (mei freeze, hog land a hook, etc.).

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
So, I'm a support main and I occasionally play tank. I placed high Gold on support, and low gold on tank.

Then I did my DPS placements for the hell of it, and only played Junkrat. I tore up, won all 5 matches, and placed high plat.

What.

Same thing happened to me, but with tank. DPS main, my DPS places exactly where I expect it to (low plat), Support places plat-almost-in-gold and my tank places within 100 SR of diamond.

Felt weird.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I think he had 150 or something and widow could one-shot body shot him lol

This is correct. But it was Beta Zen who had 150 HP and it was Launch Widow who could still body him and Tracer for a one shot.

Tracer also had 225 HP in beta, as I recall, nerfed to 150 for launch. Widow's base damage was reduced to 120 and her crit multiplier increased so she'd continue to do 300 with a headshot.

Why in Gods name they ever thought Zen needed 150HP is beyond me. I think they imagined shield-HP would be more powerful than it is.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
The leaker has it mixed up. They aren't separating OW. This is going to be an upgraded release including all of OW. Existing users will gain access to the new OW 2 content.

We don't know if they are separating it or not, we haven't had confirmation, but either way he is saying Echo will release when OW2 releases in full. There will be no new hero for the current iteration of OW.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
We don't know if they are separating it or not, we haven't had confirmation, but either way he is saying Echo will release when OW2 releases in full. There will be no new hero for the current iteration of OW.
We don't have confirmation. But my way is literally the only way that makes sense and doesn't split the playerbase.

and there will be a new hero. Don't kid yourself.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
And yeah it happening for sure. The Blizzard launcher has a picture of Tracer with her 'Overwatch 2' design that wasn't posted before.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope that if this is an OW 2.0, they take the opportunity to seriously revamp a lot of core systems in the game

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, finally give me my endorsement lootboxes literally hours after you lower my endorsement rank for no reason.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
And yeah it happening for sure. The Blizzard launcher has a picture of Tracer with her 'Overwatch 2' design that wasn't posted before.
Is there a photo of this, cause I'm not seeing anything. Just regular OW1 Tracer in the background, and OW1 Tracer from the 2019 Blizzcon keyart in one of the ads.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point where I think Junkenstein is basically as bad as Lucioball. It is so fucking boring.

The changes made to balancing have made McCree and Torbjorn broken to the point of comedy and the sheer lack of inventiveness with giving us this horseshit for 4 years in a row is simply insulting.

They made Junkenstein like 4 months after the game launched, and in 4 years, they couldn't have added any new maps or new enemies or even attack patterns? That is so pathetic.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at the point where I think Junkenstein is basically as bad as Lucioball.

The changes made to balancing have made McCree and Torbjorn broken to the point of comedy and the sheer lack of inventiveness with giving us this horseshit for 4 years in a row is simply insulting.

They made Junkenstein like 4 months after the game launched, and in 4 years, they couldn't have added any new maps or new enemies or even attack patterns? That is so pathetic.
1st year had no symmetra,3rd year added torb and brig to the mix
Im more disappointed by no reinhardt tbh, but yeah it kinda makes no sense having new symmetra there lol shield gen made the stuff much more challenging haha

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I may be overthinking it, but with the OW2 announcement in the horizon, and the leaks of it maybe just being PvE, or bringing OW1 forward, I noticed that Team Canada posted photos of their training with their screens "covered"

It could easily be just to cover up their strats, or to get people talking. But it sure does make me wonder... Ahead of the WC, and if OW2 really was a thing, what better chance to promote that game than making their top international players play it on the big screens?

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I'm generally pretty ok with overwatch's rate of new content, but Junkenstein really does seem lame compared to TF2's old Halloween events.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch 2 being Overwatch 2.0 and a Fortnite Chapter 2 like big update for OW with a paid PvE expansion releasing alongside it would still make the most sense.

2.0+ expansion becomes the new sku that is sold

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm generally pretty ok with overwatch's rate of new content, but Junkenstein really does seem lame compared to TF2's old Halloween events.
It honestly was cool the first time around, because it was our first real PvE experience in Overwatch. It made the community wonder what a PvE campaign or something like a Horde mode could be, from which came the Archives. It's a shame they never built on it though, I remember speculation that for the second year, we'd actual proceed to defend within the castle.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
It honestly was cool the first time around, because it was our first real PvE experience in Overwatch. It made the community wonder what a PvE campaign or something like a Horde mode could be, from which came the Archives. It's a shame they never built on it though, I remember speculation that for the second year, we'd actual proceed to defend within the castle.

Even that would be a huge improvement. Why could Valve create yearly creative events but Blizzard cannot?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Even that would be a huge improvement. Why could Valve create yearly creative events but Blizzard cannot?
I'm guessing most development staff went either to work on Overwatch League or Overwatch 2 at some point. Especially since after year 2, where most modes got some new elements we got nothing besides Archives. And even then the last Archives mission reused enemies IIRC.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The big excuse they've always trotted out is that Overwatch's custom-made engine (as opposed to the extremely flexible Source engine) is basically capable of doing nothing but 6v6 hero fights and anything else is very hard to program from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.