• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been trying play DPS, but keep getting put in games with Hog and Ball as tanks vs double shield, or Moira/Ana who just DPS.

Why can't I get players like myself in those roles. :(

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a Bap who wouldn't heal me because I wouldn't run into his field of view. Not LOS, I would be in that nearly all the time, he could just turn and heal me, no, he wanted me to run in front of wherever he was looking for heals. In or out of combat.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20 mi ute wait, enemy has a quitter after we steamroller them first fight... Back to 20 minute wait.

Why is this still a thing? In an hour I get 1 match?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
k. Just bought this the other day. I've put in maybe 5 hours or something. Loving it. Couple questions

1.) Why do i never get Damage characters to pick from???

ok so for the roles i just select all. To have a balanced experience or something. Since idk how the characters play. So i figured this was best way for me to get more varied games instead of just picking 1 role the whole time. Out of the 5 hours. I can only think of 2 times where i was given the option to play as the characters in the middle row

2.) Is the leave game search button supposed to be the same button as change profile on Xbox?? (Its X button). Cuz it seems kinda dumb everytime i back out of matchmaking the option to sign out of my xbox profile also pops up

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ok so for the roles i just select all. To have a balanced experience or something. Since idk how the characters play. So i figured this was best way for me to get more varied games instead of just picking 1 role the whole time. Out of the 5 hours. I can only think of 2 times where i was given the option to play as the characters in the middle row

Half the characters are in the damage category and it's the most popular one so if you select all three roles the algorithm will likely put you into the two less popular roles to give you a quicker matchmaking time. If you want, you can also go to the arcade where one of the available game modes is the "classic" version of Overwatch before they instituted the role queue a couple months ago, where you can play any character you want whenever you want, if you want to try them out.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
k. Just bought this the other day. I've put in maybe 5 hours or something. Loving it. Couple questions

2.) Is the leave game search button supposed to be the same button as change profile on Xbox?? (Its X button). Cuz it seems kinda dumb everytime i back out of matchmaking the option to sign out of my xbox profile also pops up

At the moment basically half the game is unplayable unless you can wait 15-20 minutes per match. Selecting all 3 roles will never let you play damage.

Blizzard haven't addressed it and the next patch makes it sound like they never will (it gonna put you in other matches while you queue, but this is only gonna be useful for DPS players as the others find matches in 1-2 minutes).

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

What you are selecting is that you will be queue for all 3 roles but ultimately being put on 1 for the entire game. Damage is the most popular role so you are unlikely to get it while queuing for Tank and Support

What I would suggest is go into Arcade and play one of the following 3 modes
Quick play classic: will let you play any of the 31 heroes but only 1 of those heroes per team
No limits: Same as classic without the 1 hero limit per team
Mystery Heroes: start as a random hero and switch to another every time you die.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
About 3 months ago I went from using my OW Deathadder that has seen me through years of Overwatching to the Logitech G502 as I kept hearing good things and thought I'd try something new. I can safely say I haven't been unable to get used to it with Overwatch. I genuinely feel like my accuracy has been in the gutter for all these months and I keep powering through with hopes I'll figure this out. I've been debating just going back but I don't know if that just amounts to giving up a better mouse experience if I click with it? Idk if anyone else has gone through these motions before with Overwatch in particular, with the same mouse even. I've only dared to play Tank in any serious manner due to this and while fine I enjoy my Rein Time, still really bugs me as I do deathmatch to warm up and just get discouraged a lot during it.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
About 3 months ago I went from using my OW Deathadder that has seen me through years of Overwatching to the Logitech G502 as I kept hearing good things and thought I'd try something new. I can safely say I haven't been unable to get used to it with Overwatch. I genuinely feel like my accuracy has been in the gutter for all these months and I keep powering through with hopes I'll figure this out. I've been debating just going back but I don't know if that just amounts to giving up a better mouse experience if I click with it? Idk if anyone else has gone through these motions before with Overwatch in particular, with the same mouse even. I've only dared to play Tank in any serious manner due to this and while fine I enjoy my Rein Time, still really bugs me as I do deathmatch to warm up and just get discouraged a lot during it.

G502 is too heavy for fps. If the shape isn't for you, I'd stick with the deathadder.

It's fine for tanks or some supports and of course this is all subjective at the end of the day but seriously, don't torture yourself and just stick to what shape you're comfortable with.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Do they still have the classic non-queue version in arcade?
Yes, it's a permanent mode, like mystery heroes, arcade now has 7 options/day
At the moment basically half the game is unplayable unless you can wait 15-20 minutes per match. Selecting all 3 roles will never let you play damage.

Blizzard haven't addressed it and the next patch makes it sound like they never will (it gonna put you in other matches while you queue, but this is only gonna be useful for DPS players as the others find matches in 1-2 minutes).
only way of fixing that would be reeducating the player base, which honestly, is impossible, even FF14 which has faster queues in higher levels and a 4-2-2 system got issues whenever new content is added becaus dps will always feel more intuitive to play

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Are you mad at a bad Hammond or that the Hammond- triple dps comp got killed off?

Both, there's no point of an Orisa/Rein/Sigma solo tank with a hammond rolling about doing his own thing (feeding his fat ass). You need the chaos of 3 dps to stand a chance vs a competent enemy tank team.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I don't think I'm going to get the Mercy skin. Tonight I logged on for the first time since Halloween and played my first game of Mystery Heroes since... summer maybe? Lego Bastion? I dunno. Anyway, we won but it felt super stressful instead of fun, and afterwards I found myself thinking "and I have to go through this eight more times?" and I just logged out. Maybe it's just that I haven't played in a while, but I didn't like the way playing made me feel. I wouldn't dare set foot in comp mode now.

You should still be basically winning around 50% of your games.
Nah, I was borderline silver/bronze when I played comp. Lucky to win one in every four or five games played in Mystery Heroes.

Last edited:

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I don't think I'm going to get the Mercy skin. Tonight I logged on for the first time since Halloween and played my first game of Mystery Heroes since... summer maybe? Lego Bastion? I dunno. Anyway, we won but it felt super stressful instead of fun, and afterwards I found myself thinking "and I have to go through this eight more times?" and I just logged out. Maybe it's just that I haven't played in a while, but I didn't like the way playing made me feel. I wouldn't dare set foot in comp mode now.
You should still be basically winning around 50% of your games.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
God damn free weekends.

QP is filled with people who "JUST WANNA PLAY MAAAAAAN, CHILL OUT BRO!!!!" as they die 4 times in a row, then go idle.

Fucking hate free weekends.

Holy shit, comp is even worse than usual.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Played for three hours tonight. Won 2 games. Lost all my Tank games so now I'm Gold instead of Platinum. Won 2 Support games but lost 4 so I'm even further into Bronze.

I just don't get it. I'm on comms, I group up with team, I switch when needed, I keep my positioning correct and nothing ever works. Either there's a DPS playing Widow into double shield, or a Mercy who goes battle Mercy and lets our team die, or a Hammond who thinks his only job is to spin around on the point until he dies.

Maybe I'm just having bad nights, but unlike streamers/players who grind every night I don't have the time to dedicate all my game time until I get a few good nights. I have other games I want to play and at some point this just stops being fun.

It only takes ONE person in OW to tank down the whole team. With time you gotta learn to deal with a paradox that doesn't feel good : can that person pull it off on this non ideal hero and can we create space for them ?

Or are they a shithead who'll just throw because they don't care about winning ?

At times you'll get the perfect swap in terms of pick and thats where you gotta play better as a team instead of completely relying on mechanics. But yeah, don't focus on you. Play your game, play your role as best as you can

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Played for three hours tonight. Won 2 games. Lost all my Tank games so now I'm Gold instead of Platinum. Won 2 Support games but lost 4 so I'm even further into Bronze.

I just don't get it. I'm on comms, I group up with team, I switch when needed, I keep my positioning correct and nothing ever works. Either there's a DPS playing Widow into double shield, or a Mercy who goes battle Mercy and lets our team die, or a Hammond who thinks his only job is to spin around on the point until he dies.

Maybe I'm just having bad nights, but unlike streamers/players who grind every night I don't have the time to dedicate all my game time until I get a few good nights. I have other games I want to play and at some point this just stops being fun.

Solo queue is hell and will always be hell.

This is why I like fighting games. If I lose, it's my fault, and not the fault of some dipshit who's too high to hold a mouse correctly.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot about the Mercy challenge and now I don't have enough time to get the skin. Oh well.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
99% of games as main tank are pure agony.

I'm playing Rein. Zenyatta tranqs before a team fight starts. Okay, not the greatest use, but the enemy is right in front of me, clustered together and in a small room, so this way we can just charge in and do some damage without worrying about heals, right? Zen stays behind healing his full hp teammates while I charge in on a grouped up enemy team in a small area.

Whether your feeding or popping off on main tank is 95% dependant on how idiotic your teammates are.

Oh PTR shield nerf patch, where art thou?

Last edited:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like playing mystery heroes with the intent of winning is a bad idea
Yes.

It's for fucking around with characters you don't play often. Otherwise you will implode in frustration. I try to think of it like Dark Souls in that you are trying to win ultimately but the fun is in the gameplay not the actual goal.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Solo queue is hell and will always be hell.

This is why I like fighting games. If I lose, it's my fault, and not the fault of some dipshit who's too high to hold a mouse correctly.
Its why I switched to a different account. Also it's still the holiday for most so they just are playing for fun. It also gives me enouGo time to pad my bap stat since I fucked myself with no former data when I played comp lol

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Yes.

It's for fucking around with characters you don't play often. Otherwise you will implode in frustration. I try to think of it like Dark Souls in that you are trying to win ultimately but the fun is in the gameplay not the actual goal.
It's honestly my favorite mode. I'd guess my win rate is close to 50% if not higher. It's a mindset and you can definitely win.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It's honestly my favorite mode. I'd guess my win rate is close to 50% if not higher. It's a mindset and you can definitely win.
It's the only mode I play.
It's a good mode if you're decent with half of the cast, until the enemy gets triple shield+bastions
That's why you can't take it seriously. Sometimes you get hilarious team comps, sometimes you don't.

Trying to beat crazy comps is half the fun, but most people just give up which is lame. Like people just don't know how to adapt. If they can't play like they do with an actual comp then they just short circuit and run in and die, taking out a potentially great character to counter the enemy.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Overwatch is like an abusive relationship that I keep coming back to lol. 🙃
God damn free weekends.

QP is filled with people who "JUST WANNA PLAY MAAAAAAN, CHILL OUT BRO!!!!" as they die 4 times in a row, then go idle.

Fucking hate free weekends.

Holy shit, comp is even worse than usual.
Next time try using "find group" before playing QP or competitive, I have much better matches with a full team, plus everyone will be in voice-chat.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
If the Mystery Heroes talk is because of what I said earlier,

kqIBjoO.jpg

I spent most of my time playing Overwatch in Mystery Heroes. Couldn't tell you how many games I've played in it though, because Blizzard doesn't let you see that particular statistic; I'm fairly certain though, just from random checks via the replay tracker they added, that my W/L ratio isn't anywhere near 50% even on a good night. I mainly played Mystery Heroes because it's the most tolerable game mode for getting the Arcade loot boxes outside of PvE events to me. Only now, after a break of a few months, it's not all that tolerable anymore it would seem.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Winter Wonderland is usually the second week of December, it's been on 13th, 12th ,11th for the past 3 years.

Plus if it started tomorrow with the 3 week timeframe it would end before Christmas.

Hopefully we get the patch this week but WW will likely be next week

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
We're overdue for a new hero, but OW2 probably screwing entire schedule.
I'd prefer a new map, tbh. A koth map is the next one in the rotation, right?

Winter Wonderland is usually the second week of December, it's been on 13th, 12th ,11th for the past 3 years.

Plus if it started tomorrow with the 3 week timeframe it would end before Christmas.

Hopefully we get the patch this week but WW will likely be next week
Yeah, it's probably gonna be next week, but I hope the PTR patch is tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a patch in idk how long. OW may finally be fixed with this.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i think its easier to rollout everything at once, especially for consoles. next week.

edit: tomorrow and an extended event. please.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Posting here and asking a similar question to another thread - any impressions from the Switch version now that we're almost two months from launch?

I'd like to get it to have the game on the go, and one person I've heard from said he thinks it runs and plays really well. Any thoughts?

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Posting here and asking a similar question to another thread - any impressions from the Switch version now that we're almost two months from launch?

I'd like to get it to have the game on the go, and one person I've heard from said he thinks it runs and plays really well. Any thoughts?

From the little I've played I didn't notice any glaring issues. Guess it depends if you're OK with 30 fps.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
They like to drop them with events.

Kinda shows their priorities that seasonal events are more to go off of in terms of balance updates instead of Competitive seasons.

Beyond stupid tbh. I wish everyone followed Siege's model, as it's the perfect way to bring excitement to a new season & even more so where OW is concerned, due to the lack of new content.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
you know how warframe has in-game notifications that tell you things like when a patch has entered certification, when it's passed certification and when it's going to be released, with full patch notes ready to be read within the game before it's even out

🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.