• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Five loot boxes and only thing of note was Mei potg for this event. So many three whites ana a blue boxes...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
when you nano the Winston and then he pops his ult

GCetgRp.jpg

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly i can't wait for this event to end. Game desperately needs something new and fresh. Hero, map, mode... anything. I am barely playing it and when i do it's usually for Arcade loot boxes. I know that they are focusing on OW2 obviously, but OW never really had good content drop and now it's even worse...
I am not even excited about Lunar NY even, i know that everything will be the same except for few new skins.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I didn't realise how little I've played OW this year, until I had a look at the screenshot I took of the last 5 winter boxes (4 stars, level 32), and this year I'm 4 stars, level 42.

I sorta started to drop off when Junkertown came out, but I can't believe I only got 10 levels in a year lmao, and 3 of them were in the last 3 months, and I guess the majority of the rest were from this year's Archives event.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the fun thing about quick play right now is you will always have two tanks but you also probably will never have two tanks

Edit:
four golds as Bap, over 10k healing in quick play, and dps spamming need healing cuz they tried and failed a flank while I'm babysitting two tanks who don't know how to push up on their sticks, eugh

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else got an issue where Blizzard just randomly can't find your account? Haven't been banned; just says my account has changed it's email address about 30 minutes ago and thus it doesn't exist, which I never did. Haven't even played today.

If I've just lost all my fucking Lucio cosmetics I'm going to be mad as shit.

Oct 26, 2017
I played at launch, but haven't played since Ana released. So...it's been ages. I randomly re-installed and jumped back in on PC. I had to drop in here just to say how genuinely surprised I am at the toxicity level of Overwatch, or lack thereof. It still exists, of course, but I remember at launch....people would curse your fucking babies if you weren't playing the right hero or doing exactly what they thought you should do. In this last week, it seems like I just keep getting chatty games with people on both sides having a good time with one another. It's refreshing, especially coming from League of Legends.

Anyone else got an issue where Blizzard just randomly can't find your account? Haven't been banned; just says my account has changed it's email address about 30 minutes ago and thus it doesn't exist, which I never did. Haven't even played today.

If I've just lost all my fucking Lucio cosmetics I'm going to be mad as shit.
Wait. So can you login at all? Did someone hack your account?

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
four golds as Bap, over 10k healing in quick play, and dps spamming need healing cuz they tried and failed a flank while I'm babysitting two tanks who don't know how to push up on their sticks, eugh
Are you me last night? No Hanzo, I can't heal you if you're flanking with no line of sight, and dying within 20s, while Rein is charging into a 1v4/5/6 constantly.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i can't wait for this event to end. Game desperately needs something new and fresh. Hero, map, mode... anything. I am barely playing it and when i do it's usually for Arcade loot boxes. I know that they are focusing on OW2 obviously, but OW never really had good content drop and now it's even worse...
I am not even excited about Lunar NY even, i know that everything will be the same except for few new skins.

Thank goodness for snowball fight, was able to get top 4 in almost every match so getting the boxes were a breeze.

Which is bad when you're going "Well, at least I don't have to play Overwatch anymore"

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Brig was designed solely to counter dive by herself, and was a symptom of the larger problem the team has of thinking single characters need to outright cancel or counter entire playstyles/other heroes. So while she was THAT strong, she was supposed to be in order to change up the meta. Not only was that incredibly careless, it led directly to Goats and eventually, 2-2-2 which imo, is significantly worse than the goats meta ever was.
That seems like a six of one, half a dozen of the other sort of situation.

A character that is designed to negate or counter an entire meta (consisting of 6 characters) by herself would have to be overpowered by definition. Like, what is a better definition of "Over powered" than singlehandedly overturning the strength of several other characters?

But I still think it's her kit's actual design that's the most egregious part of all this. Other counters simply don't work like this. If the enemy team is playing Pharah, you can counter by going mccree, but you still have to hit your shots or else your just like any other character. If you want to play Genji to dive the Ana, you still have to win the fight against her, which you might not if the Ana is good. But if you were playing Tracer against brig, you didn't actually have to do anything that required any special effort. Just throw out armor packs and swing and activate your ult, and Tracers and Winstons can't do damage.

Devs need to have a defined weakness for the characters they design. Baptiste and to a lesser extent Sigma is like infinitely more bearable than Brig was, but I'm still here wondering what they're specific weaknesses are supposed to be. They seem decent to great at everything. Compared to, like, Zen where his design balance is clear: He's got great attack power, but low healing and mobility with a large hitbox, making him an easy dive target. Then his ultimate totally reverses that, making him a super healer and immortal, but with no attack power whatsoever. I want more of that.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. So can you login at all? Did someone hack your account?
Someone certainly did.

But not only did I get it back today (Blizzard was quick in rectifying the issue), and not only was I immediately beset upon with the 5 Christmas lootboxes, and not only has QP evened out in terms of competitiveness, but I got to prove a shitty teammate wrong.

Had a suicidal Junkrat complaining about not teaming up with him when he was going on weird flanks alone leaving the rest of us. Also complained about heals because of course that's what dying DPS does. We lost the first round on Oasis, but not only did we comeback to handily stomp the other team for the win, but the only one who wasn't on fire was said Junkrat. And I got put on the board for healing. And I got lots of endorsements which just doesn't happen anymore.

giphy.gif

So gooooooooooooooood. Merry Christmas to meeeeeeeeeee.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I just realized that the season is almost over and I still haven't done my support placements. They could go badly since its the end of the season and its the christmas break. Oh well.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Queued with my gold DPS friend tonight and won all three games we did. I'm now 2820- highest I've ever been. That would also mean only 10 games until Diamond. Hmmmmmmm.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's where the salt is greatest. It's people that are ALMOST at the break going crazy about not being able to take those final steps.
I remember when I first started and got placed mid silver. I managed to get up to 1981 and had then my next game had a bastion that danced all game. Was not able to get that high again back in season 6. Come season 7 got to 1983 and had the same thing happen AGAIN, but this time it was a widow throwing herself off the map multiple times. Thankfully I did break into gold a few games after that but I was so ready to tear all my hair out.

Queued with my gold DPS friend tonight and won all three games we did. I'm now 2820- highest I've ever been. That would also mean only 10 games until Diamond. Hmmmmmmm.
Good luck!!

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Had a night of losing a bunch of games, in every mode I played. Duo queued with some random leveling a new account for a while, and also some solo QP and comp. Got stomped in both comp games I played, was getting tilted so I stopped.

I have 2 more support placements to do, and if I don't win at least one I'm going to place gold and cry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
didn't realized bap ult can go so far. when i was about place it down i got hit with sig ult and it ended up being placed across the map lmao.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I love when your tanks are diving into enemies 1 on 4 and complaining that there's no healing and you show up on the board with 21k healing.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
15k healing as Bap in quick play, 41% of damage

lmfao

Edit:
four gold match as Lucio, what is going on today lol

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped an absolutely huge and devastating................. 7 SR today. We steamrolled on Volskaya, got steamrolled on Hollywood, and then barely edged out a win on King's Row against a Roadhog with 49 fuckin' elims. 49. His team let him down tonight. But I'll take it. Could've been worse.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Well, this week is definitely new account placement week. I'm getting 2 - 4 new accounts every comp game.

I did finish my support placements. Went 2 - 3, but fortunately only lost 21 SR from last season, down to 2548. I can live with that.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I got into 2 games yesterday with a team where the 2 supports barely healed and tried to dps the shit out of the team. I was so desperate that I just had to laugh suddenly when our Zen followed and threw his balls at a Soldier that was running away.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Once I get this last Mercy skin I'm taking a break. Too many matches lately where my team mates won't swap from something that clearly isn't working.

2. More. Wins.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Attempting to get my DPS into gold. Its not going well. Also, why is silver so toxic? Its worse than gold and plat from what I've played.

Went 1 - 4. Didn't go well. Down to 1809 from 1880.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.