• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard dev 1: Alright, Launch the Lunar New Year video
Blizzard dev 2: And done. Shame we don't have a rat themed character to use for this promotion.
Blizzard dev 1: I know, almost as bad as not having a pig themed character to give a skin to last yeara.
Blizzard dev 2: Right. Well, Hanzo it is.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
some leaked skins

1500x500

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Glad that they gave Moira another skin but i am not sure what to think about it.

Edit: Need to see it in full. Looks good actually.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
My god, Brigitte is never getting a good skin i swear.
Idk, I think her viking one is pretty rad and the one I always use.

I also want to see her full skin in motion. All the signiture parts of her design (her mace, her shield, her battle skirt) aren't present in that pic and that can make a big difference.

I used to not like Deadlock McCree's skin for example when I first saw it, but it has his best pistol design and from that it really grew on me as a whole.

That said, the only one I really like from those pics is Sombra's, personally. I also like the Hammond and Doomfirst one, but those are epics, so....

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
If I manage to get Sombra's skin in a lootbox, I might be able to get away with not spending any coins this event

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
This definitely. Last year was abomination.
Guan Yu Rein, Lu Bu Reaper, and Zhang Fei are all perfectly good skins, but it's 2018 Lunar New Year that was the absolute best.

All four of the 4 legendary beasts skins (Genji, Pharah, Zarya and Mercy) were amazing and Lily Widowmaker was great too. Only loser of that bunch was Magistrate McCree.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting on a new Brig skin but that one ain't doing it for me, guess she's gonna remain a character I actually use the default for like Tracer, that's the rarest skin of all these days!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Have no time to finish this because I've got capoeira in a few. I was supposed to work on an animation, so thanks to the leakers for derailing my entire day:

4ed133c516c8ccf032f26270e13b0cc9fa48105d.png

Oct 27, 2017
Are they pushing the ptr changes tomorrow too?

There's no reason why they couldn't. Every single one of the changes is just a minor tweak to the numbers (there's no changing how the abilities actually work), and the PTR is about testing functionality rather than balance. Having said that, they seem to have a relatively fixed three-week cadence for updates going from PTR to live (which I believe they've said was about going though the console certification process) and they're probably not going to change that now, even with such a minimal update.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Jeff discussing the team experimenting with 3-2-1 role queue

us.forums.blizzard.com

Blizzard save your game! go 1/3/2

Wow, it was super weird to stumble on this thread. In early December, we were brainstorming ways to shorten DPS queue times and the idea was proposed to try changing the role queue team composition to be 1 Tank, 3 Damage, and 2 Support. Our matchmaking engineers did some modeling around queue...
I watched a video that went through the entirety of Jeff's post. And I know it's, for now, just an experiment. But a 1-3-2 mode just sounds like a bad experience for tanks. Even if they un-nerfed a bunch of the tanks' defensive abilities, it seems to me like tanks get a lot less freedom in how they play if they're always solo tanking - worse than the pre-role queue days where there was at least the possibility of second tank. A change like this would mean I play tank a lot less often, and "off" tanks like D.va pretty much never.

1-3-2 just sounds like DPS get shorter queues while tanks get the shaft.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I watched a video that went through the entirety of Jeff's post. And I know it's, for now, just an experiment. But a 1-3-2 mode just sounds like a bad experience for tanks. Even if they un-nerfed a bunch of the tanks' defensive abilities, it seems to me like tanks get a lot less freedom in how they play if they're always solo tanking - worse than the pre-role queue days where there was at least the possibility of second tank. A change like this would mean I play tank a lot less often, and "off" tanks like D.va pretty much never.

1-3-2 just sounds like DPS get shorter queues while tanks get the shaft.

I agree with this.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Update is live

New CTF mode
CAPTURE THE FLAG BLITZ
The stakes have been raised in this new way to play Capture the Flag. With both teams' flags much closer together, six captures are now needed to win the match instead of the traditional three. Launch an all-out offensive against the enemy to snatch their flag as many times as possible—may fortune favor your team!

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Doomfist Rising Uppercut changed to .35 from .5 on PTR

Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – January 16, 2020

A new patch is now live on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

LUNAR NEW YEAR 2019

Get ready to celebrate the Year of the Rat!

This year, we're celebrating Lunar New Year with new seasonal items including legendary skins like Face Changer Sombra, Mask Dancer Moira, Samul Nori Lúcio, and Opera Brigitte. Experience the third competitive season of our Capture the Flag mode, in addition to a brand new game mode called Blitz CTF.

To learn more about the new mode, click here.

GENERAL UPDATES
Feature Update: Party Flex for Role Queue

Unsure of which role you want to play? Now, party members who queue for any game mode with Role Queue enabled can select multiple roles, indicating what they're willing to play in the next game.

Your other party members' role choices and Competitive Play skill ratings may affect which roles you are eligible to choose, or which role you can play. For example, if you selected all three roles (Tank, Damage, Healing) to indicate your willingness to play any of them, and then two other party members choose Support, you will not get to play Support in the next game.

Custom Game Options

The Lobby section of Custom Game Settings has a new option "Data Center Preference". This option provides the game creator with more control over where the game will be hosted. The default "Best Available" choice automatically provides the creator with the best quality connection available to them. We only suggest choosing a specific datacenter if no single datacenter can simultaneously provide the best connection to all players. This is usually only the case when the players participating in the custom game are located in different geographic regions of the world.

Spectate and Replay Updates
  • Added a new hotkey, "Spectate toggle 3P camera side", which changes the shoulder you're looking over for the player you're spectating while using the simple third-person spectator camera option
  • Added a new hotkey, "Toggle normal / simple 3P spectator camera", which toggles between the two third-person camera modes while spectating
  • Updated the death camera to quickly shift from where you were looking to where your killer is, to make it easier to see if you were killed by someone behind you or to your side
  • Updated the simple third-person spectator camera position for several heroes to have them cover less of the screen
  • Fixed an issue that caused zooming in and out while in the simple third-person camera to appear choppy
  • Transitioning into or out of first person no longer causes the camera to clip inside the hero's head
  • Fixed several camera smoothness and popping issues
HERO UPDATES

Baptiste
Immortality Field
  • Maximum duration reduced from 8 to 5 seconds
  • Cooldown increased from 20 to 25 seconds
Amplification Matrix
  • Ultimate cost increased by 20%
Developer Comment: Immortality Field ended up being too powerful when placed in locations that were safe from enemy fire, such as around corners. Reducing its uptime will help address this case while remaining strong at saving teammates out in the open.

Mei
Endothermic Blaster (Primary Fire)
  • Slowing effect now reduces enemy movement speed from 20-70%, down from 30-90%
  • Slowing effect duration reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 second
Developer Comment: The slowing effect of Mei's primary fire can sometimes feel too difficult to escape. Lowering the amount it slows by and the duration it lasts for will make it easier to react to. The time required to completely freeze a target remains the same.

D.Va
Boosters
  • Cooldown decreased from 5 to 3 seconds
Developer Comment: The lower cooldown on her mobility will enable D.Va to more readily swap between playing offensively and defensively.

Orisa
Fortify
  • Damage reduction reduced from 50% to 40%
Developer Comment: Orisa has been a little too difficult to deal with while Fortify is active, so we're reducing the amount of damage reduction to give enemies more effective damage during this time.

Hanzo
Storm Bow (Primary Fire)
  • Maximum projectile speed reduced from 125 to 110
Developer Comment: The increased projectile speed Hanzo received in his rework ended up making his arrows too good at longer ranges. Decreasing the speed will reduce his sniping capability while still keeping him strong at mid-range.

Doomfist
Rising Uppercut
  • Recovery time increased from 0.2 to 0.35 seconds
Developer Comment: Rising Uppercut followed immediately by his primary fire is a little too effective of a combo on its own, so we're increasing the time enemies have to react to it.

BUG FIXES
General
  • Fixed a bug that caused toggle crouch to work inconsistently when high precision mouse input is enabled
  • Fixed a bug that caused a small number of games containing very high-skill players to have greatly reduced SR gains and losses
  • Workshop
    • Fixed an issue preventing Go To Assemble Heroes from working in Assault and Hybrid
    • Fixed an issue preventing Sombra Dummy Bots from being able to hack health packs

Maps

Temple of Anubis
  • Fixed a bug where some heroes could get stuck behind one of the rocks outside of point B
Eichenwalde
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Wrecking Ball to become temporarily stuck when using his Piledriver in a specific location
  • Fixed a location where Doomfist could get stuck
Junkertown
  • Fixed a bug that allowed some players to stand on a wall near the final checkpoint
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra's Translocator and Baptiste's Immortality Field to land in an unintended place between the stairs and wall near point A
Dorado
  • Fixed a bug that caused the ivy growing on the wall between points A and B to block projectiles
Rialto
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Winston and Sigma to become stuck between the wall, bridge, and gondola outside of Point A
Watchpoint: Gibraltar
  • Fixed a bug that caused Baptiste's Immortality Field to disappear when thrown in a specific spot outside of the first Attacker's spawn
Heroes
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Immortality Field to not deploy or get destroyed while deploying in some situations
Mercy
  • Fixed a bug that caused Mercy's gold staff and pistol to disappear while using Valkyrie when viewing in 3rd person
Tracer
  • Fixed a bug allowing players to swap heroes while using Recall
Sigma
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Sigma's shield to fail to deploy
Symmetra
  • Fixed a bug where destroying Symmetra's teleporter during construction briefly allowed her to make another without going on cooldown

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, they pushed the updates after all! Guess they got the overwhelming feedback with the last patch that there shouldn't be such a gap between PTR and live. Hopefully this will be the way things will be for future patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.